Recent Topics

Ads

[Zealot] What is the raven spell?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
wereku

Re: [Zealot] What is the raven spell?

Post#11 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:05 am

roadkillrobin wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:21 am The problem was that you could put up the Harbinger dot and just run away. Iirc it didn't have a CD either with the caveat that you could only ever have 1 of them up. So basicly apply dot and run away until they gave up, then reaply it and they couldn't do anything but wait until they died which usually took almoast the whole minute. Was increadible frustrating to face in lotd.
Well that might have been a point although this thing ticked every 5s with upto 800 (if I remember correctly) on crit so any healer giving you a hot can save you...its really not that different from getting several dots from any other class since if not healed, you dead.

Mostly they had to remove it since they desided to change the harbinger to this useful (equipwise) yet useless (playstyle, you may ask why I find it useless but anybody who played heal and dps zealot for a bit has to agree that 99% of the time you leave your stats on what you are trying to do in the first place heal/dmg) stat toggle ability. Since many things worked/where applied only with the use of the harbinger they had to rework many things one of them was transference. I mean what else should they have done with this tactic? Tie it to another ability? There is none that would fit.

Back to topic I believe generally the m4 look quite nice aswell (esp on chaos classes) however they can't really be reliably used which is too bad since a lot of m4 look great.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Re: [Zealot] What is the raven spell?

Post#12 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:33 am

The harbinger wasn't really used except for solo hunting in LotD on players solo farming xp. The 1 min dot just creates frustrating situations that feels really unballanced when you're on the reciving end of it.
Dps zealot were also complete junk back then as they didn't have the healdebuff on crit. Healing zealot was also not in a good spot. The only healer really worth taking was DoK. It had to be changed. Making an almoast complete mirror of RP was a really boring choise tho.