Recent Topics

Ads

RoR Chosen Questions/Help

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Zerogeist

RoR Chosen Questions/Help

Post#1 » Mon May 21, 2018 6:23 pm

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone had any data on the following:

Tactics:
1. Warped Flesh - Does either armor or toughness come into mitigation here on RoR?
2. Mixed Defenses - Does this stack properly with Suppression on RoR? (additively I think)
3. Siphoned Energy - I assume this procs off dot tick passive damage disrupts and the heal scales past that initial bad value?
4. Flawless Armor - I assume this tactic will help go into negative values with renown tactic crit reduction ?
5. Destined for Victory - Wiki has this nerfed to 10 seconds, any ideas what the math is behind to get to morale 2 or 3 from combat start assuming nothing else?

Gear:
5. Rare Fortune Set 4pc proc - What's its value? does this have an ICD? Proc off guard damage? Can it stack ontop of itself or just refresh? Stack with Warped Flesh tactic?
6. Onslaught Set proc - What's its value? ICD? etc
7. Conq wound proc, how does this math out, can this be considered a 1k hp heal every 20 seconds (assuming you live)? I assume it either works like:
a. 7000/8000 hit points > proc 1k Conq wounds > 8k hp > 20 seconds fade and you take no damage you are now back at 8k hp
b. 7000/8000 hit points > proc 1k Conq wounds > 8k hp > 20 seconds fade and you take no damage you are now back at 7k hp

Advice wanted:
8. For solo/duo roam when scs are not poppin and rvr is dead (I play EST) has anyone had success with ye old 800/800/800 s/t/w with s/b regen set or just go with raw stats?

On live I ran the following (sub rr40) albeit way more regen gear than is available here, and assuming Warped Flesh uses tough/armor (otherwise Flawless Armor or Rugged):
Spec: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=cho ... :4782:4792:
Renown: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#renown;000 ... 3001000000
Auras: Tough/resist/flex (usually heal by default and swapped to fluct).

Thanks!

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Re: RoR Chosen Questions/Help

Post#2 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:04 pm

I can help with some of the more generic questions, I think.

1: Toughness and armor do not get factored into absorbs. However, absorbs cannot be crit. This means if you get crit while Warped Flesh is up, it will "pop" the absorb bubble (assuming a crit of, say, 1000 damage, which is more than the bubble can absorb) but the "extra" damage from the crit does not get applied to you, in effect letting absorbs reduce potentially much more damage than it seems like they would.

Whether or not Warped Flesh is worth using is debateable. I know of some Magus and Mara solo roamers who swear by it, and others who think its trash. Personally, I think every Chaos class has better tactics.

2: Yes, it is additive.

7: All wounds buffs work the following way, if I am not mistaken: they buff your max hp by that amount of wounds, and heal you for that amount as well. If you are, for example, at 7k hp, receive a 100 wound buff, you are now at 8k hp. You then take only 500 damage over the 20 seconds this buff lasts, putting you at 7.5k wounds. Once it fades, you will return to 7k wounds.

However, say you had received 1500 damage after that buff, putting you at 6.5k hp. Once the buff fades, you remain at 6.5k hp, effectively having only lost 500 of your normal health bar.

EDIT: Also, do not solo roam as sword and board. You will kill no one who isnt afk. Literally everyone can escape a sword and board tank, even other tanks. As duo roam, provided you have a dps with who can kill stuff fast, its viable. 2h Chosen is fairly tanky as well and has a shorter CD on its superpunt, however.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Tesq

Post#3 » Tue May 22, 2018 8:03 am

1-only tough as all absorb in game
2-yes since tactic type, just i reccomend drop it in sc at high level it is not worth.
3-yes both
4-yes but warped flesh give a better crit mitigation due absorb working pre crit, especialy vs bw/wh.
5- you can reach m3 in 1 min in sc previusly was m4 in 1 min; build is still viable in sc if you want play def guardian mode.

Zerogeist

Post#4 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:59 am

Thank you both for the help there.

I am sad to hear why chosen wont be that effective soloing about. Sure he would waddle about but he wont be very kitable due to the speed proc tactic and renown speed proc. I guess people could just flee run away, but my experience is most don't, and for sure when there is multiple of them and they think they have an advantage.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#5 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:35 pm

Siphoned Energy isnt horrible, since there are a lot of BWs, but for solo roaming, you wont encointer many BWs that arent part of a giant zerg or a six man, and siphoned energy wont help you there. Otherwise, there are basically no classes you will see regularly that have disruptable attacks. Dps AMs are rare and also impossible for you to kill anyways.

For rvr warband, it might not be a bad tactic. But cant recommend it for solo roam.

Biggest problem with snb tank solo roam is how long it takes you to kill stuff. Yes, in a duel you might win because your fellow duelist presumably agrees to win or die. But in actual solo roaming, most people will just run away from you or you will fight them for so long that a passing zerg shows up and eats you.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Tesq

Post#6 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:02 pm

for wb i suggest

mixed defense
synphoned energy
warpeed flesh
destinatec to victory

for solo, well most likely if you wanna kill things and not troll:

quickened discord
warped flesh
synphoned energy ( depend what around)
backlash

anyway chosen is pretty good in solo; but get a purple bags back for cleanse wh stuff and whatch rampage slayers rest is easy 1 vs 1