Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] for solo play

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ashton007

Re: [Chosen] for solo play

Post#11 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:18 am

Foomy44 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:50 am
tazdingo wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:52 pm
jesuan wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:40 pm Hey, hi. Thanks for the answer. It does not have to be exactly like the video. I'll leave his link here for you to see. I would like a guide for my specific need. Is it possible to have a Chosen Dps with a good def? Or is it just a tank? What are his options? What are the ways to play with it? Thank you so much for the help.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebshV2Ydhpk
that's a reflect knight, an order tank, but it was on this server and not live. reflect builds are very specialized solo builds designed to do just this. chosen can do this too, as he has mirrors of all of knights reflect abilities and tactics.
Ummmm.... Chosen don't get a melee reflect aura... 99% sure that's a fairly important part of a reflect build. Also please point me to the Chosen version of Runefang tactic (which I'm fairly certain most KotBS built for small scale/solo are running).
They have a spell reflect. As for runefang nothing the chosen has competes.

Ads
tazdingo

Post#12 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:44 am

Foomy44 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:50 am Ummmm.... Chosen don't get a melee reflect aura... 99% sure that's a fairly important part of a reflect build
backlash + thorns + bane shield + discordant fluctuation makes a pretty fun pub build. works well in sieges with dire shielding. was originally a magus build i saw posted but it really does work to some degree

Foomy44

Post#13 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:54 am

tazdingo wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:44 am
Foomy44 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:50 am Ummmm.... Chosen don't get a melee reflect aura... 99% sure that's a fairly important part of a reflect build
backlash + thorns + bane shield + discordant fluctuation makes a pretty fun pub build. works well in sieges with dire shielding. was originally a magus build i saw posted but it really does work to some degree
This was a post about solo play, melee reflect aura is gonna hit a lot more of the common solo roam classes than magic reflect aura will, and even then a caster (especially a dps healer which most of orders caster classes are I believe especially in solo roam) is a lot less likely to get himself low hp in melee range and not be able to recover. Yeah backlash is ok, if by thorns u mean thorn pot over armor pot KotbS can do that too, and bane shield has 33% uptime without dedicating a tactic slot to it for a few more seconds. I've been destroyed on my melee classes by reflect knights b4 in small scale, never really felt that effective on my Chosen when testing it out but I'm no expert at the build I'll admit.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

tazdingo

Post#14 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:03 am

Foomy44 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:54 am This was a post about solo play, melee reflect aura is gonna hit a lot more of the common solo roam classes than magic reflect aura will, and even then a caster (especially a dps healer which most of orders caster classes are I believe especially in solo roam) is a lot less likely to get himself low hp in melee range and not be able to recover. Yeah backlash is ok, if by thorns u mean thorn pot over armor pot KotbS can do that too, and bane shield has 33% uptime without dedicating a tactic slot to it for a few more seconds. I've been destroyed on my melee classes by reflect knights b4 in small scale, never really felt that effective on my Chosen when testing it out but I'm no expert at the build I'll admit.
i always get mixed up as to whether people mean "solo roaming" or just not playing with a dedicated group

Thunderbragi

Post#15 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:16 pm

I play my chosen with off sword sc weapon, shield with % when targets hit me they get dmg. 2 fleshrender, And every thing whats reg includet on armor. 15% more heal as tactic efect that with my reg items? Or are that just efected the heal aura? And this tactic with all dmg are now magical dmg but you get just 20% lower heal on you is debuffed the reg item too? Becose i see in combat log just the heal aura and not the reg item hp incoming

Zxul

Post#16 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:04 pm

Thunderbragi wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:16 pm I play my chosen with off sword sc weapon, shield with % when targets hit me they get dmg. 2 fleshrender, And every thing whats reg includet on armor. 15% more heal as tactic efect that with my reg items? Or are that just efected the heal aura? And this tactic with all dmg are now magical dmg but you get just 20% lower heal on you is debuffed the reg item too? Becose i see in combat log just the heal aura and not the reg item hp incoming
Regen isn't affected by +%heal/by heal debuffs, so +15% heal tactic and heal debuff from spirit dmg aura shouldn't effect it.

Aura heal is affected by heal debuffs, so should be affected by +15% heals and very likely affected by spirit dmg heal debuff as well.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Thunderbragi

Post#17 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:52 pm

So why i cant see the regen hp in fight then? Or is this just out of battle? I remember on live it was i thought

komar9220

Post#18 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:01 pm

jesuan wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:54 pm Folks. I'm new to the game, I started 1 week, exactly. I watched some videos of classes and I came across a video of one chosen against 4 and still killing them. The video guy did not release the build. I would like a build for Chosen with 2H that beats well and bears some punch. It would be for solo. Could someone pass me a complete build? Stats, Renown, Rotation. Thank you very much. Sorry for my English.
hey man, this vid?)

Click here to watch on YouTube
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... ter/505136
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4784,4773
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;0;0;2;0;3

it's me :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebshV2Ydhpk
Best kotbs alive

Ads
Zxul

Post#19 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:25 pm

Thunderbragi wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:52 pm So why i cant see the regen hp in fight then? Or is this just out of battle? I remember on live it was i thought
It works, just isn't shown in logs. Just go attack some mob, let it hit you a few times, and watch your hp.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh