Recent Topics

Ads

Monstro Mara spec vs defensive Magus

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Telperien

Monstro Mara spec vs defensive Magus

Post#1 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:53 pm

I played defensive magus for some time now and I got idea how that works. Thanks to Incindent I improved a lot from dying to 1 vs 1 to almost all order to tanking and defeating up to 3 dps:) thnks buddy!
Thats my spec:
RoR.builders - Magus
But... I got tired of how magus works, everything require setups, sometimes I got no time for it and make bad mistakes rushing few things up. Also I feel ive burnt out on that char.
Was thinking on rolling Monstro Mara. How is that spec compared to above Magus? What are my limitations? Is it spec right for everything? solo roam, scs and warbands? I`m planning to roll:
RoR.builders - Marauder
and change tactics depend on what i`m up to.
Please share your expirence and advices.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Ads
dalinvar

Re: Monstro Mara spec vs defensive Magus

Post#2 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:59 pm

Following, and if you can share how to put renown points as monstro mare for orvr would be great

Zxul

Post#3 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:19 pm

Thanks for reminding me, hadn't played toughness magus from live, Llell here I come again.

And would probably go for magus, in toughness spec you can automat quite a bit.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Kalt

Post#4 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:44 pm

if you want to solo roam , imo monstrosity is not the build to go.

Monstro work pretty well in WB (aoe morale drain tactic , disorient , aoe kd)

here is good monstro build :

RoR.builders - Marauder

you can swap insane whisper for piercing bite to add utility at the cost of damage

For solo / small scale (sc or duo/trio/party with melee assist) you better run a sav/brut build , you can choose stance dance or not , both are really good.

stance dance :

RoR.builders - Marauder

You can swap deadly clutch for brute force if you are in a group with an other heal debuff to gain more damage.

No stance dance :

RoR.builders - Marauder

you can swap deadly clutch for brute force if you already got a heal debuff in your group too.
Last edited by Kalt on Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

TenTonHammer

Post#5 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:16 pm

Kalt wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:44 pm
For solo / small scale (sc or duo/trio/party with melee assist) you better run a sav/brut build , you can choose stance dance or not , both are really good.

stance dance :

http://www.ror.builders/career/marauder ... ,5224,5226

You can swap deadly clutch for brute force if you are in a group with an other heal debuff to gain more damage.

No stance dance :

http://www.ror.builders/career/marauder ... ,5224,5226

you can swap deadly clutch for brute force if you already got a heal debuff in your group too.
all of your spec's linked are the same to the aoe morale drain one

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:19 pm

Monstrousity marauder has the edge against tanks and WH, if you ask me, but for everything else Magus is either equal or better: a Monstrousity marauder won't do enough damage to kill a heal hybrid, like DPS AM/RP/DPS WP, while a Magus - even in solo spec - can (though whether or not this is true anymore after detaunt changes remains to be seen).

Kalt

Post#7 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:52 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:16 pm
all of your spec's linked are the same to the aoe morale drain one
Edit , my bad !

now builds should be good

Rynocerous

Post#8 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:22 am

Telperien wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:53 pm I got tired of how magus works, everything require setups, sometimes I got no time for it and make bad mistakes rushing few things up. Also I feel ive burnt out on that char.
Ugh, this.

Def magus can be useful, but more than once I've run into situations where I can't get things in place and melt, and more to the point I don't feel I offer good utility.

I've been experimenting with Mara and the monstro spec had a lot of tools, they're just not all coming together to provide anything but anti-tank fighting. Playing MDPS also requires a lot more attention to the healer and tanks with you when not solo or WarBlobbing.
DESTRO Aindorex - Impeccible
A couple of lowbie Order toons

Ads
Nidwin

Post#9 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:28 am

Rynocerous wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:22 am
Telperien wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:53 pm I got tired of how magus works, everything require setups, sometimes I got no time for it and make bad mistakes rushing few things up. Also I feel ive burnt out on that char.
Ugh, this.

Def magus can be useful, but more than once I've run into situations where I can't get things in place and melt, and more to the point I don't feel I offer good utility.
It's funny as I tried, even hard, so many other toons to finaly go back to my "roots" Nidwinqq Magus. I'm even going to create a new little one so I can switch my main from scavenging to salvaging and use little Magus for scavenging.

I presume it's linked to

NERF MAGUS !!!
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]