Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Havoc discussion

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Nidwin

Re: [Magus] Havoc discussion

Post#11 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:27 am

Aerogath wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:27 pm In my eyes the biggest problem Magus has is that he needs the stupid stacks and that these stacks have such a small range, while the fights aren`t on point and enemys are moving. I hated the Stacks thing on live so hard and you have not 4 but 8 stacks on RoR hm, would be rly cool to make it more viable.
Aor -> 4 stacks -> 20% damage increase
RoR -> 4 stacks -> 20% damage increase (nothing has changed vs AoR)
RoR -> 8 stacks -> 40% damage increase

Resummon is on 20s CD so the little trick is being able to play between the 4 and 8 stacks to keep your damage increase between 20% and 40% when a lot of mobility is required.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
Aerogath
Suspended

Post#12 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:39 am

Nidwin wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:27 am
Aerogath wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:27 pm In my eyes the biggest problem Magus has is that he needs the stupid stacks and that these stacks have such a small range, while the fights aren`t on point and enemys are moving. I hated the Stacks thing on live so hard and you have not 4 but 8 stacks on RoR hm, would be rly cool to make it more viable.
Aor -> 4 stacks -> 20% damage increase
RoR -> 4 stacks -> 20% damage increase (nothing has changed vs AoR)
RoR -> 8 stacks -> 40% damage increase

Resummon is on 20s CD so the little trick is being able to play between the 4 and 8 stacks to keep your damage increase between 20% and 40% when a lot of mobility is required.
Resummon let you loose ALL your stacks. The only usable thing is teleport and the cd is simply to long. And i can feel it if i crit for 1700 or 1020 with a 3 second cast. The range of the Stacks is simply so slow thats it. I moved yesterday 2 meters because my enemys won`t stay still for me and lost instantly stacks. Sorry but this needs a buff in any kind of way. Its a pain in the ass to play Havoc with this.

Have to edit it Seems you loose now finally only 4 stacks with resummon should be fixed.

peterthepan3

Post#13 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:11 am

With all due respect, Havoc Magus is perfectly fine at the minute: having difficulty maintaining your stacks when enemies are moving around, or away from LoS, is the inherent weakness of the spec, which justifies Havoc Magus doing the most burst when he is allowed to simply build stacks up.

Playing a stationary RDPS in a fast-paced PvP game can be difficult, and I would suggest using instaspawn tactic (if you aren't already doing so) in 90% of environments (that other 10% being Keep defences, or certain SC maps like Khaine's Embrace). Alternatively, you should try out Changing Spec as this is much more forgiving in terms of stack accumulation (you can maintain stacks at a further range from pet than other two specs).

I just feel that your issues stem from either pet dying too much, or positioning yourself in awkward places where your stationary turret role is easily exploited by enemies.

Nidwin

Post#14 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:45 am

What's that enemy moving around stuff you folks keep talking about impacting the Havoc tree?

Except Close Quarters slotted Havoc specced Magus, a rare occurence, I can't think of something truly having such a huge impact. At least not one that needs a big badass buff. And CQ Havoc is a different gameplay anyway.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Crumbs

Post#15 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:42 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:11 am I just feel that your issues stem from either pet dying too much, or positioning yourself in awkward places where your stationary turret role is easily exploited by enemies.
This will be at the core of problems that many magus suffer from and for the most part they’ll blame magus’ clunk, or team not being dependable enough. Positioning is absolutely key to magus more than anyone else even engi because you can only relocate your pet and damage once every 20 sec, think well about where you plant yourself because if you end up in a pickle you likely won’t get yourself out, it’s all about avoiding the pickle, you can’t even heal dot damage. So to stress again - positioning is what havoc is about.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Tesq

Post#16 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:02 am

The pet stacks are a problem for all builds, rather than loose all or minus 4 they could use instaed a cut half on resummon or be totall indipendent from it, aka you get empowering stacks and they are your own, if pet die or you stay away they simply decay over time ....a new resummon should not equalize to looae all stacks especially since

A)enemy can toy with your meccanic, killikg pet is something they can do to remove your meccanic on magus/engi but they cant on otherclass aswell

B) you have to deal with meccanic itself

Pet durability is another prob havoc pet durability is fine other 2 arent.tought o. Havoc builds both problems arepart solv with ista tactic