Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder] Survibility talk

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aerogath
Suspended

[Marauder] Survibility talk

Post#1 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:47 pm

Hi,
the last time i'm getting more and more the feeling that Mara has horrible survibility skills.
The biggest issue is that Wave of Horror is not usable while stunned... it absolutely should but with a higher cooldown.
It is more or less over for a mara if he gets a stun because he can`t detaunt to save his ass and is getting incredible dmg while disrupt, parry , dodge not working. ( don`t come me with mimimi monstro proc blah, that is no argument if you are no monstro especially because it has to proc at first and you can't tell me you know when an enemy is stunning you ...if yes, give me the same drugs pls. .... But aoe mimimi high procchance mimimi... it still has to procc first and if you are fighting or trying to kill a healer your first intention is absolutely .... ohhh i have to switch to monstro for my procc.)
Ferocious Assault is a good skill but if we are honest the 125 toughness are nothing that could save us and it means for us 1 second GCD.
A usefull knockdown does he only have deep in the monstro specc ( y its a good skill but you can't build around it either you're monstro.)
If a Wh strikes you it is mostlikely over for you, the dmg is incredible the knockdown he has is strong and since nobody knows that the enemy is thinking you will eat every knockdown without Wave of Horror ( what really could save your ass and because its breaking if you use a skill is would be wonderful if you could use it while stunned.)
And don't come me with disarm... it can't save my ass while stunned too and even with 35% parry chance i always have the feeling that parry is buggy when 5 melees hitting me and nothing is parry'ed.

Overall i like tha mara class he has cool skills and you become a little bit like playing doomguy but MAN he's such a sandbag. Eventuelly there is need for a tactic that helps against melee bursts or a skill that he can get out of stuns with a 60 second cooldown or so, ( if a wh gets me in stealth or stunned me i normally gave already up and can see my life sinking to 20-25 % in 2 seconds ) <-- why i hate solo roaming as mara.

After all i want a usefull discussion that could help make the mara better but !! balanced !! i don't want the mara becomming a one man army but he surely needs some adjustments.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [Marauder] Survibility talk

Post#2 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:53 pm

You're talking from a solo PoV. A WH that gets the jump on you with FP up has a very good chance of killing you; armor penetration ignore is useless vs a class that can just ignore your armor entirely.

The toughness buff is good if you can capitalise on toughness (which you can by speccing Hulking Brute, using Dominator and toughness talis).

If you wish to fight WH 1v1 then you will need to invest heavily into toughness and dominator gear. You must learn to anticipate when a WH will pop - baiting them out with demolition and using your detaunt as soon as you think they will pop (count in your head up to 30 seconds because most WHs will usually jump on you within 15 - lest they lose too much AP in stealth).

I would speak to some of the good dueling marauders if you really wish to improve your gameplay against WHs, but this isn't an issue in group or WB scale. On the contrary, Marauder is the toughest MDPS in the game when he has ample time to get into the swing of things.

dansari

Post#3 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:59 pm

... you want to... you want to be able to use abilities while staggered?
<Salt Factory>

MeanMachine7519

Post#4 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:28 pm

God if mara "has horrible survibility skills" try to solo roam with sorc...
Aeizo Mara RR 8x
Aeiza Sorc RR 8x
Aeizos Black Guard RR 8x
Aeizas Dok RR 8x

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#5 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:10 pm

I see no melee dps tankiness on mara, everything you do is trigger Wave and run for your life because everyone is focussing / hating you.
And it makes a huge difference if you play monstro or something not so boring.
Last edited by Aerogath on Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kmark101

Post#6 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:10 pm

Aerogath wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:47 pm Hi,
the last time i'm getting more and more the feeling that Mara has horrible survibility skills.

Sorry couldn't continue to read more cause I'm laughing nonstop... you must be the troll of the century
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

adamthelc

Post#7 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:04 pm

Marauder does have the worst survivability, except for all the other MDPS.

To be fair take away monstrosity and it joins the rest of the pack. But luckily for marauders they have monstrosity.

Smellybelly

Post#8 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:34 pm

Hehe, try a unguarded Choppa/Slayer. Now thats squishy x)
Work on your toughness, positioning and most of all, friendlist. Get people to play with you who can guard/heal. Thats the golden trio, 2 dps, 2 tanks and 2 healers. No class in this game can handle everything on their own.

Ads
Ashoris

Post#9 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:14 am

Aerogath wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:47 pm if he gets a stun because he can`t detaunt to save his ass and is getting incredible dmg while disrupt, parry , dodge not working.

breaking if you use a skill is would be wonderful if you could use it while stunned.)

but MAN he's such a sandbag.

Eventuelly there is need for a tactic that helps against melee bursts or a skill that he can get out of stuns with a 60 second cooldown or so

After all i want a usefull discussion that could help make the mara better but !! balanced !!

i don't want the mara becomming a one man army but he surely needs some adjustments.
First of all , at least in the past you could parry while Knock downed - a Bug report also provided evidence that this was livelike.

secondly I am not sure if you ever have played another melee class or tested the different equip and tactic setups the marauder has.

The Marauder is already a damn strong class with the ability to either be a really good "tanky melee" or a really good "dmg melee" or a mix in between.

You want a useful discussion: accept the the Marauder is already a very strong melee DD - he has nearly every debuff available, has a 50% crit dmg boost and hard hitting skills, and also the ability to stack survivability.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Sulorie

Post#10 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:57 am

So basically OP is asking for a buff, because it doesn't feel right to him, that he dies in enemy backline against 5 hostile melee attacking him, while he tries to solo kill a healer, yes?
I am not sure whether this story is more fun or sad.
Dying is no option.