Recent Topics

Ads

Pet Survivability

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Vraal

Re: Pet Survivability

Post#11 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:14 am

I noticed that the AOE reduction for pets does not count for AOE dots such as Fiery breath/Icy Spikes and all the fluff dots thrown around by Magus/Engi themselves. Indeed, pets seem to take full dmg from them. I don't know if the AOE reduction is supposed to only account for direct spells but from what I've seen it has, until now, been framed as a blanket AOE reduction - implying that it also reduces non-direct spells.
Vraal / / Khalik

Ads
Nidwin

Post#12 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:02 pm

Respecced deftard so I try to put that useless thing somewhere it isn't going to get insta killed to keep the toughness buff up.

I tried to keep the pink one alive by placing it behind a tank hodling the line Yesterday evening in Chaos Waste when we were sieging (oil and aoe ram). Pink garbage seemed to scare the hell out of destro tanks holding a line so that didn't work out well for pinky and my range buff and stacks.

With the actual situation I would say Havoc specs should be able to keep those things of us alive at 80+ft range, keep siege or defense excluded. For the others good luck.

I'm not going to bother or lose any time or sleep over it.

Good luck chaps, you're going to need it. :P
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Urdeg

Post#13 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:06 pm

Just throwing this out there, but on my healing character making a sorceror pet a healing priority is the literal last thing on my mind in a warband.
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

Vraal

Post#14 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:31 pm

Short addition: Ground based attacks (Pit of Shades) on Engi Turrets deal full damage as well.
Without throwing any accusations around, I think we should have an actual look at the facts regarding the 90% AOE immunity of pets. It doesn't seem to hold up.
Vraal / / Khalik

Karast

Post#15 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:34 am

Vraal wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:31 pm Short addition: Ground based attacks (Pit of Shades) on Engi Turrets deal full damage as well.
Without throwing any accusations around, I think we should have an actual look at the facts regarding the 90% AOE immunity of pets. It doesn't seem to hold up.
As far as I can tell. Turrets / Daemons take full AoE damage. Dots, abilities, ground pool. This is both from watching my turret die to AoE spam, and testing AoE dots like acid bomb on daemons.

But I will see about doing more testing to be sure. It might be that ground pools / aoe dots are not being reduced, but direct damage AoE's are, but I doubt that atm.

Vraal

Post#16 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:39 am

Mubbl did some testing and he put his findings on the bug-tracker. Let's hope that it'll yield some results since it feels like a huge detriment to our class in RvR right now.
Vraal / / Khalik

Vraal

Post#17 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:46 am

@Mubbl: Did you hear anything back regarding your feedback on the AOE situation?
Vraal / / Khalik

Vraal

Post#18 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:25 am

So with the AOE-reduction for pets being proven non-existant (https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/13186), can we maybe get a revert of the exclusion of pets from groupheal until this is fixed? Current situation is just terrible.
Vraal / / Khalik

Ads
Seams

Post#19 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:52 am

Instant spawn is fine for what is made for....IE your jumped by a player/s or you group reposition. iT does not do anything for rain of fire melting pet in 1 sec resummon dies either within same cast or very next cast now you have A CD on pet summon.

Nirawen

Post#20 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:16 am

Torquemadra wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:41 am
Vraal wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:25 am So with the AOE-reduction for pets being proven non-existant (https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/13186), can we maybe get a revert of the exclusion of pets from groupheal until this is fixed? Current situation is just terrible.
No, you have tactics such as instant spawn, use them.
Let's be serious two minutes ... so we have to put the instant tactic, then the PV turret tactic ... then wait to get the * 8 for the 40% DD ...

I think we do not even come to * 8 .... ah if, if we place the turret behind but in this case (spec sniper) it does not bring its debuff and DD ... or dissipate etc so the up the engineer and the magus is no longer ...

The truth is that changing class each time, some become complicated to play .... and brings nothing ...

I think you are at stake too, I meet you .... you do not see that we now have Heals spec Dps and DPS disctance spec CAC ... I tell you that in the framework of the Alpha .. .
You make changes that have repercussions on other classes in the end ca balance nothing.

Off topic :
I would make a subject later on AAO ... which was supposed to stabilize the PVP a little ... we can see that no and that the players prefer to stay AFK BO reports more than kill a player (1Rp ... for killed players ...).

Have a good day, sorry for my English