Recent Topics

Ads

Pet Survivability

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Nidwin

Re: Pet Survivability

Post#21 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:48 am

Torquemadra wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:41 am
Vraal wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:25 am So with the AOE-reduction for pets being proven non-existant (https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/13186), can we maybe get a revert of the exclusion of pets from groupheal until this is fixed? Current situation is just terrible.
No, you have tactics such as instant spawn, use them.
Last time I had that one slotted was in 2012 if I recall well, before the big CC Mythic nerf. Corrolation but no causation.
I find it, personal opinion, a waste of a precious tactic slot and as a Magus every slot matters.

I, personal opinion again, don't feel any difference in the lakes since the patch. Those things die as fast or as often or not as before the patch so zero impact on my side.

My advice to you lads, get used to it and move on.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
abodam

Post#22 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:25 am

Vraal wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:25 am So with the AOE-reduction for pets being proven non-existant (https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/13186), can we maybe get a revert of the exclusion of pets from groupheal until this is fixed? Current situation is just terrible.
I would not call current situation just terrible, just inconvenient and I think the 90% AoE reduction will be fix in the future. And I am sure direct demands will go well. So patience, as a Magus/Engi player you should have plenty of it :).
Magus / BG

Sulorie

Post#23 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:29 am

Seams wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:52 am Instant spawn is fine for what is made for....IE your jumped by a player/s or you group reposition. iT does not do anything for rain of fire melting pet in 1 sec resummon dies either within same cast or very next cast now you have A CD on pet summon.
You complain about 2-5 sec turret cooldown? When it dies within this time frame, you should deploy it at a better place.
For everything but keep siege or pve, instant summon tactic is a valuable pick and justifies a tactic slot.
Dying is no option.

Glorian

Post#24 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:10 am

As Seams wrote, Instant Tactic is nice and good, but the turret is dead in 3 seconds. Even to Black Orc Aoe Attacks.
At any Keep Siege Situation you are resummoning the flame turret every 5 seconds. And there is no safe place in a Keep which is in 25feet range of my character.
If in front of an enemy keep the gunturret is also dead every 5 seconds. No way you could build up the damage stacks or range increase.

At that point I would rather take a non-pet tactic and be happy with the +20% Damage increase. If there was something like that for the Engi/Magus.

So as the other pet player I wait for the 90% Damage AoE fix.

Vraal

Post#25 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:18 am

I'm not making any "direct demands". When I read the Patch Notes and Torquemadra explanied in the comments that Magus/Engi can't have both the AOE-reduction AND groupheals effecting the pet, I thought there is a connection between both. So it is only logical to question the measure of taking away the pet healing if it turns out that there is no such thing as an AOE reduction.
Honestly I'm just happy we found a couple of people in this thread that helped getting the situation on the Bugtracker and raised some awareness that things are not working as some might believe.

Now it's back to waiting it out.
Vraal / / Khalik

ragafury

Post#26 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:51 am

Sh pets last sub 3 seconds in pug aoe fights, means bomb isnt even centered (wet noodle bomb) unless you hit a choke point where even the last one celler recognizes where to bomb (it's just insta dead).

Simple decision making as ranged sh:

- will I stand still and summon a new one, usually a less usefull version of my juicy 5% crit pet

OR

- will I charge another sty?

:thinking:

Pretty terrible for every meme bombing class which has a pet.

Inb4 loner cause that replaces my mechanic, i want to play a pet centered class like the white lions do.
Last edited by ragafury on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

mubbl

Post#27 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:21 am

Glorian wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:10 am As Seams wrote, Instant Tactic is nice and good, but the turret is dead in 3 seconds. Even to Black Orc Aoe Attacks.
At any Keep Siege Situation you are resummoning the flame turret every 5 seconds. And there is no safe place in a Keep which is in 25feet range of my character.
If in front of an enemy keep the gunturret is also dead every 5 seconds. No way you could build up the damage stacks or range increase.

At that point I would rather take a non-pet tactic and be happy with the +20% Damage increase. If there was something like that for the Engi/Magus.

So as the other pet player I wait for the 90% Damage AoE fix.
pls teach me how your turret/pet is living for 3-5 secs. mine isnt making it over summon gcd most time... :D :D :D

@nidwin i see the tactic situation the same, still i am running instant summon and toughness tactic and my expirince is total oposite for melee magus.

i just hope the fix will come before/with forts.

mubbl

Post#28 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:13 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:41 am
No, you have tactics such as instant spawn, use them.
little question, about blue horror and the engi equivalent, is their dodge/disrupt cap 75%?

Ads
VonEpic
Suspended

Post#29 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:18 pm

I don't feel it's a huge issue to strategically place my demon to where it won't take too much damage and still manage to be effective, I mostly use Pinky in sieges though...

Gangan

Post#30 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:36 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:55 pm
(...)

There are plenty of additional corrections to pets coming up, you should be pleased with them, assuming you play a pet class.
That makes me curious 😁
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald