Recent Topics

Ads

why engis have self-healing and magus do not?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
hammerhead

Re: why engis have self-healing and magus do not?

Post#11 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:39 am

The possibilities of the keg are greatly overvalued. I do not take a keg either in ST or in the grenade build, because there simply is not enough time to deploy it. Maybe keg decides something in 1on1, but it seems to me that most of the classes killing engi/magus have easy access to heal debuff and and will kill you with or without kegs. The outcome largely depends on who attacked first and the best defense here is attack.

tldr Good ability for pve farming, nothing more.
(\|)o0(|/)

Ads
Grock

Post#12 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:48 am

hammerhead wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:39 amMaybe keg decides something in 1on1
To be honest from Louisvuitton videos and some old Live roaming engi movies Keg isn't used that often, they prefer to move and kite
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Glorian

Post#13 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:02 am

Lousivuitton survived several outlasts vs shamans on his keg.
Well at least before recent nerf.

And that super dwarf who kited on live also used his keg several times to dance and kite near his turret.
But yes, on 1vs1 instant woundbuff from magus > keg that gives 1500 health over 15 secs.

RANT

Post#14 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:17 am

Grock wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:19 am
RANT wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:47 am I think what's being missed here is that Magus DO get a heal. One comes as a wounds buff while the other comes are a HoT. The OP doesn't seem to be aware of that.
Which one is the HoT? I've been noticing lately Magi have some crazy over-time healing in 1v1 without using HoT potion
I should have been more clear. The Engie Keg is the 2 sec cast with the HoT. My engie gets 320 ticks. I forget the name of the wounds buff for Magus but it's roughly +2.8k if memory serves me well on a instacast but on a 1 min cooldown. I have not been on my Magus in ages, so I may be wrong on the exact totals.

Acidic

Post#15 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:22 am

To be true to lore the keg should damage friendly players as dwarfs are not Know for generosity and are expected to randomly attack ppl enemy looking at thier keg

Tesq

Post#16 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:31 am

You blind,

Stag is 6 sec
-1 of gcd
-2 sec of keg
-3 sec of hard debuff

Its 6 sec ....in 6 sec you cam deploy whatever you want in 1 vs 1.

Group play is not different.

The only diff between magus and engi is just engi can be more tanky (armor tactic) without depend on pet.

The wounds buff on magus is good but the cd js eccessive. Keg heal 6 ppl in range. Aka 300 heal (which can also crit...base crit chance 10% + kobs can go to 15%) x 6 ppl = min of 1800 heal every 3 sec to whole group vs one 2000 heal for magus.

If you count the tick over 5/10 sec from a keg still ignoring chance to be crit.. it's 300 x5/10= 1500/3000 heals....x person...x 6 ppl its....9000/180000

Its well know keg as been superior or we wouldn't had a discussion which lead to restrict it to party only because order were largy abuse it in keep sieges since they stacked spamming keg in lord room in what waa, t3 cap times?.

The dmg portion or of magus one is negletable keg do more heal than what magus damage.

Aka if magus could have a 50% update time it would be better balanced right now is 1/3 or 33% update time.

And this considering keg also have an update time of 100%

Wdova

Post#17 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:50 am

Tesq wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:31 am You blind,

Stag is 6 sec
-1 of gcd
-2 sec of keg
-3 sec of hard debuff

Its 6 sec ....in 6 sec you cam deploy whatever you want in 1 vs 1.

Group play is not different.

The only diff between magus and engi is just engi can be more tanky (armor tactic) without depend on pet.

The wounds buff on magus is good but the cd js eccessive. Keg heal 6 ppl in range. Aka 300 heal (which can also crit...base crit chance 10% + kobs can go to 15%) x 6 ppl = min of 1800 heal every 3 sec to whole group vs one 2000 heal for magus.

If you count the tick over 5/10 sec from a keg still ignoring chance to be crit.. it's 300 x5/10= 1500/3000 heals....x person...x 6 ppl its....9000/180000

Its well know keg as been superior or we wouldn't had a discussion which lead to restrict it to party only because order were largy abuse it in keep sieges since they stacked spamming keg in lord room in what waa, t3 cap times?.

The dmg portion or of magus one is negletable keg do more heal than what magus damage.

Aka if magus could have a 50% update time it would be better balanced right now is 1/3 or 33% update time.

Lets make keg heal every ally in range(like it was on live)and put Magus self heal on 120s CD :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Nidwin

Post#18 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:51 am

Aegis of Orange Fire is a wounds buff with a damage component and not a self heal.

The Magus heal is with the Changer's Blessing tactic that gives 50% heal on the net damage done from SVF. You can always ask or make some kind of request, whatever, to have it changed to group heal, excluding the Magus (already has Aegis) if you want a keg version for the Magus.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
Tesq

Post#19 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:58 am

Nidwin wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:51 am Aegis of Orange Fire is a wounds buff with a damage component and not a self heal.

The Magus heal is with the Changer's Blessing tactic that gives 50% heal on the net damage done from SVF. You can always ask or make some kind of request, whatever, to have it changed to group heal, excluding the Magus (already has Aegis) if you want a keg version for the Magus.
The fact that Also wounds buff dosent make it any diff its just 2k wounds more to be kill Evert 60 sec......and that. also heal....

Glorian

Post#20 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:07 am

Tesq wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:31 am ...

Well the abuse was that we ran an engi heavy guild and Tinkerer was the meta back then. So pretty much everyone ran Keg.
Last edited by Glorian on Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.