Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder] Sinister Scythe cannot be applied as an appearance

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
wildwindblows

[Marauder] Sinister Scythe cannot be applied as an appearance

Post#1 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:44 am

Hi,
I just wonder why Sinister Scythe T3 epic quest item can't be applied as an appearance? Its is gives an error like ''The chosen appearance cannot be applied to Chaosaxe of the Sentinel because the appearance is not the same type.'' even they are both axe. Is there a bug or something?

ty 4 replies.
Last edited by wildwindblows on Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Nekkma

Re: Sinister Scythe set appearance issue

Post#2 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:47 am

Did you try and use it on a sword? If I recall correctly they have changed appearance to only work on same weapon type. I am pretty sure I have used that axe as appearance, for another axe, on my chosen.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

wildwindblows

Re: [Marauder] Sinister Scythe cannot be applied as an appearance

Post#3 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:01 am

Yes, I tried on the Chaosaxe of the Sentinel and T4 axe sc weapon and it gives an error like they are not same type but all of them are axe item

Nekkma

Post#4 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:08 am

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/5195

Read the conversation in the link for a possible workaround.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Onemantankwall

Post#5 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:14 am

Try to apply a random axe before clicking accept swap the random axe with sinster in ur bag then click accept, some weps are buggy
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Xaun

Post#6 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:26 pm

I suspect if you look, the Sinister Axe is an Axe but also Main Hand only (i.e. doesn't specify Main Hand or Off Hand) and the weapon you are trying to use the appearance on (like 99.9% of Chaos Axes/Hammers) is Main Hand or Off Hand

This disconnect prohibits using the appearance as the underlying types don't match

This is a remnant from Live and their careless attitude to designing gear, stat itemization, power creep etc

I have long felt that on RoR they should relax that check or just change the (Main Hand only) 1h weapons to MH&OH so people can re-use great unique appearances rather than have them sit in obscurity in a vault never to be used on a weapon that was almost never viable

DaWolf

Post#7 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:12 am

Onemantankwall wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:14 am Try to apply a random axe before clicking accept swap the random axe with sinster in ur bag then click accept, some weps are buggy
Tested yesterday and it works fine that way.