Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder morale drain vs WH morale drain

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
mursaat1337

Re: Marauder morale drain vs WH morale drain

Post#11 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:16 pm

it would be who of you to understand the mara morale drain and its builds and how it is slotted into use compared to whitch hunters morale drain and how it is slotted into use.

mara's morale drain is specifically highly used in an rvr setting. it plays of a aoe cleave spec that uses proc's to combat order's frontline morale spikes. the problem with using this tactic, is that you have to sacrifice your damage output for control input.

as for witch hunter, the class is based on small scale play. basing this on it's mechanic of stealth which would be common sense. since morale gains have changed, this might be an option for solo play to combat other player's reaching their m1 in a fight.

my suggestion is to make a proposal about the mirror of the class which you mentioned was for the mara and to mirror it to something of that equal to the white lion.

Ads
MedV

Post#12 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:21 pm

mursaat1337 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:16 pm it would be who of you to understand the mara morale drain and its builds and how it is slotted into use compared to whitch hunters morale drain and how it is slotted into use.

mara's morale drain is specifically highly used in an rvr setting. it plays of a aoe cleave spec that uses proc's to combat order's frontline morale spikes. the problem with using this tactic, is that you have to sacrifice your damage output for control input.

as for witch hunter, the class is based on small scale play. basing this on it's mechanic of stealth which would be common sense. since morale gains have changed, this might be an option for solo play to combat other player's reaching their m1 in a fight.

my suggestion is to make a proposal about the mirror of the class which you mentioned was for the mara and to mirror it to something of that equal to the white lion.
Lets hope they argue this enough and give Wl the morale drain and give Mara a pounce =] I would be happy to take that deal.
The King.

Tesq

Post#13 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:22 pm

mursaat1337 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:16 pm it would be who of you to understand the mara morale drain and its builds and how it is slotted into use compared to whitch hunters morale drain and how it is slotted into use.

Or mirror it on wh and make viable wh in wb.....so that a class is not exluded from 90% of pvp content, like fix a total of 4 skill ...the most obvious thing to do..since you know mara/wh are the human melee dps and as such they are ment to have in common stuff ...like bw/magus does...litteraly on 3-4 things....
Last edited by Tesq on Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mursaat1337

Post#14 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:24 pm

MedV wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:21 pm

Lets hope they argue this enough and give Wl the morale drain and give Mara a pounce =] I would be happy to take that deal.
omg i wish haha. pounce as a mechanic is so damn good. reason why other mmo's put that kind of mobility on the chopping block.

Parallell86

Post#15 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:51 pm

ahzzag wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:15 pm Give AoE morale drain to WL or even better to aSW... Makes sense with the new order_meta... Seriously dont try to f***ing compare or even mirror classes that not even ment to be mirrored
I didnt know I compared them as mirror classes, but thanks for letting me know.

You could at the very least give the same tactic to the SW. The SW is also alot less welcome in WBs these days.

That tactic would make SW usable in WBs again.

ahzzag

Post#16 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:09 pm

Parallell86 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:51 pm
ahzzag wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:15 pm Give AoE morale drain to WL or even better to aSW... Makes sense with the new order_meta... Seriously dont try to f***ing compare or even mirror classes that not even ment to be mirrored
Do they have to be mirror? They are not mirror classes. revamp the WH tactic because its useless. Give the same tactic to melee SW atleast.

The Knight have a morale drain yes. ITS MORALE 4. Try get there buddy. The WH and the Marauder morale drain are the 2 only similiar morale drains in the game, they are both tactics, they are both on step 9 in a mastery tree.

The difference is, one is OP and the other is **** not only due to restrictions, but because its on a none WB friendly class.

And I beleive they already gave pounce to the SH mate. Cheerios.
1. No - They have not to be mirrored
2. No - there is no reason to buff aSW any more
3. If you feel underpowerd or weakened go on balance proposals

Warfare80

Post#17 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:57 pm

KOTBS have a M4 moraledrain,thats not a spammable aoedrain.
Even if the mara did 0 dmg i would still pick them up in WB fights,because the enemy WB wont have any morale. Mara can also go pretty strong defensive wich grants them survivalbility.

The aoe moraledrain is dominating WB fights,and i dont understand how anyone can defend the fact, one faction have it and the other doesnt. That skill must be 100% mirrored or removed. Organised guilds on orderside are already avoiding some fair (same numbers) fights against destro organised guilds because its a very big disadvantage.

And now some people gonna point out WLs jumping all over the map. WLs are a smallscale fighter. They dont survive 2-3 seconds if they jump into a WB (and they should not survive that ofc)

We are talking about WB balance now.

Moraledrain + moralepump much stronger than the enemy faction is gamechanging in a game where the moralebombing wins the fights.
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

wachlarz

Post#18 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:29 pm

Parallell86 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:24 pm Marauder: Crushing Blows - "While you are using the Gift of Monstrosity, ALL of your hits have a 25% chance to remove 225 points of morale from the enemy." Bottom-line it goes with any ability and no restrictions.

Witch Hunter: Vitriolic Judgement - "Anytime you hit an enemy in the back, there is a 25% chance they will lose 225 points of morale." Single target class, not many options unless you specc almost full Confession for Dragon Gun (10 seconds cooldown) which by the way require 5 Accusations to reach the maxmimum amount of 48.3 feet range, and then almost full Judgement to get the required tactic. Other than that it requires you to hit your enemy IN THE BACK.

I suggest tweaking the marauder morale drain to something similiar to maybe even out the odds as they already have a 50% armor pen tactic that also goes with every ability, which they by the way run in the same AOE specc, and it's a Core tactic.
1. restriction > U must be in monstro
2. 50% armor pen ONLY FOR MUTATED SKILLS not all skils

Ads
Reesh

Post#19 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:40 pm

Spoiler:
wachlarz wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:29 pm
Parallell86 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:24 pm Marauder: Crushing Blows - "While you are using the Gift of Monstrosity, ALL of your hits have a 25% chance to remove 225 points of morale from the enemy." Bottom-line it goes with any ability and no restrictions.

Witch Hunter: Vitriolic Judgement - "Anytime you hit an enemy in the back, there is a 25% chance they will lose 225 points of morale." Single target class, not many options unless you specc almost full Confession for Dragon Gun (10 seconds cooldown) which by the way require 5 Accusations to reach the maxmimum amount of 48.3 feet range, and then almost full Judgement to get the required tactic. Other than that it requires you to hit your enemy IN THE BACK.

I suggest tweaking the marauder morale drain to something similiar to maybe even out the odds as they already have a 50% armor pen tactic that also goes with every ability, which they by the way run in the same AOE specc, and it's a Core tactic.
1. restriction > U must be in monstro
2. 50% armor pen ONLY FOR MUTATED SKILLS not all skils
lel, its obvious that demo spam which is the way to go for moral drain meets these conditions.

Kahbooz

Post#20 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:50 pm

Cause Order doesn't already have waaay better classes for WB vs WB fighting, right? :)