Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder morale drain vs WH morale drain

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
normanis

Re: Marauder morale drain vs WH morale drain

Post#41 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:56 pm

agree there bw and slayers is backbone. sad hao didnt recorded fight when he fought with lesti wb. i was ironbreaker tank and i lacked morale all time i didnt even can press raze when it was leached to 0. maby if rewach all lesti videos (200+ i think i will finde it). and order sad cant pump morales as tanks.
i can say swordmaster drained morale with hoeth byt its removed long time ago aetheryc dissipation tactic. byt carer builder site shows its still working. in real when i last checked it , it was heal tactic what u place on target. ( its shoud be fixed).
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#42 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:10 pm

I remember the ressault as I was in Hoa's warband that evening. We had 7 Marauder and 1 Magus if i remember correctly. It was set up in such a way that our sole intent was to drain all AP and Morale and grind down the Dwarfs.

Parallell86

Post#43 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:11 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:40 pm Even if Razor Strike and Trial by Pain would hit 9 targets and Morale Drain would proc from all directions you still would need 4+ WH to be able to proc the drain at such a rate that it made a difference. And no sane person would replace SL's and BW's for 4 WH's. The dps loss would just be to much.
You hurt yourself more by sacrificing 4 DPS slots, since you mostly fight more than a destro warband.

Tesq

Post#44 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:17 pm

Parallell86 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:11 pm
roadkillrobin wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:40 pm Even if Razor Strike and Trial by Pain would hit 9 targets and Morale Drain would proc from all directions you still would need 4+ WH to be able to proc the drain at such a rate that it made a difference. And no sane person would replace SL's and BW's for 4 WH's. The dps loss would just be to much.
You hurt yourself more by sacrificing 4 DPS slots, since you mostly fight more than a destro warband.
Assuming wh could hit aoe same number of targets with 1 core aoe skill and 1 finisher aoe , heal like mara (tactic) , morale drain like mara (fix tactic), aoe debuff ini like mara (Bullet) but is less durable but do more dmg ( trade GoM and armor for bullet DMG proc) and finally have the same aoe KD (rewamp dragon gun).

Why in the world you would GIMP yourself?

NB: Sane ppl would alredy had a rampage and GoM """"fix"""""......
Last edited by Tesq on Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.

normanis

Post#45 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:18 pm

so its mean if i dont play certain class i am not welcome in order/destro wb. ;-( only pug will take me.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Tesq

Post#46 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:29 pm

normanis wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:18 pm so its mean if i dont play certain class i am not welcome in order/destro wb. ;-( only pug will take me.
Yes thats what WL/we/ wh have to bear..... 3 classes excluded from main content of che game (rvr)

Parallell86

Post#47 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:35 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:33 pm
Parallell86 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:18 pm
roadkillrobin wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:45 pm You need a minimum of 4 Maras for Morale drain tactic to actually do something, and if order use formations properly the tactic actually doesn't do much at all coz tanks parry and block will soak 70% of the hits.
It's a tactic thats good when you stack the **** out of it. You think any warband would use 4 WH for morale drains and lose 4 spots of actually good AoE dps? No way.
Not even on WL. Id rather take 1 kotbs, morale boost it doing a tank formation with AM pumps and have the kotbs drain the enemy tanks and then push in with SL's and BW's.
How are you supposed to pump that knight up to M4 before impact with Destro? I'd like to see that. "Sorry, can we have a moment?"
Have some moments to look at am tactics instead...
I know AM have morale pump, and Solar flare doesnt work properly.
And are you seriously going to argue about setting up a morale pumping AM to boost one knight seconds before a fight, when Marauders can just AOE spam morale drain with a tactic? Is this how you defend your cause?

So afraid of losing the obvious advantage in RVR.

Tried to keep this clean so far but here we go:

Black orc got an aoe corp debuff...which is an ability so it stacks with the zealot corp debuff tactic. Double corp debuff = 0 corp resist for order.

Magus provide an additional AOE spiritual debuff (I know engi got corp. but destro still got double corp so dont say it.)

Zealot also have armor debuff tactic that stacks with any other armor debuff you feel like using.
Chain punt without immunity procc. So another class can pull you as you are being punted. Assuming you are not being punt locked against a wall and cant do **** before you die.

SH have the SW's armor bonus from Assault stance, cd debuff equal to shatter limbs, aoe punt, aoe snare, pounce imported from WL.

Choppas have chop fasta, one click away from mitigating shatter limbs if we would even bother using it.

Marauders obvious spammable aoe morale drain on top of their more than viable damage (despite what destro community claims)
Old videos does not explain the damage, the marauder damage has not been nerfed a bit.

Other funny stuff:

Bright wizard have a self morale pump (mitigated by morale drain from marauder ofc)
Chosen have the same that proccs on block, Black orc has one that adds 4% morale on block. CD on procc yes yes Tesq, so do the BW. The BW always had a CD on procc.

The Iron Breaker have a cool little tactic called Avalanche....movement speed increased by 30% on disrupt and a minor heal on procc. Chosen and Black Guard BOTH got it.

Flashfire used to be a strong tactic much needed by the only performing DPS in Order warbands....it was nerfed to ****. Not did they only nerf the tactic, they changed how disrupts works with dots which makes it even harder to procc Flashfire. Assuming you are a kiting warband :/

Sorcs have Infernal wave that hits like a truck and hits up to 65 feet away. Bright wizard have a tactic that makes Flame breathe spammable................other than that, nothing that the sorc doesnt have. Flashfire used to be one thing that gave BW an edge the sorc didnt have. It no longer applies.

Destro have a smackload of tools at their disposal. Order dont have **** to work with. An AM ST morale pump? MAKE IT AOE. Maybe it can counter the marauder morale drain.

Defend it all you want. People are either gonna stop playing or stop playing order. You need a racial wb to counter destro. 8 WPs, 8 BWs and 8 Knights.
Last edited by Parallell86 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

roadkillrobin

Post#48 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:36 pm

normanis wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:18 pm so its mean if i dont play certain class i am not welcome in order/destro wb. ;-( only pug will take me.
Yupp, thats pretty much correct. There's usually just 1 spot for a utillity class in order to maintain dps in the wb. It's the ressault of AoE damage nerf made by Mythic many years ago. The blunt of these nerfs was payed for by the classes with more specialized functions as those now had to be replaced by more dps.

Ads
BadDogEDN

Post#49 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:19 pm

Parallell86 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:35 pm
How are you supposed to pump that knight up to M4 before impact with Destro? I'd like to see that. "Sorry, can we have a moment?"

This wins Forts all the time, I often get blasted by this and look game over.

Parallell86 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:35 pm Defend it all you want. People are either gonna stop playing or stop playing order.

If only, lately we've been zerged so hard. This server's balance is actually way better than WAR has ever been. If destro was op we would have a larger population %100 of the time, and we would lock forts all day everyday, but thats not whats happening, it goes back and forth. Post like these are always bias this and bias that. I'd love to have the knight moral drain, but I have other fun stuff he doesnt have so im not going to complain. Also I played a WH and a Chosen on live :P
Last edited by BadDogEDN on Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Edowado Banewave - Green Chosen of Dark Craig

Kurama

Post#50 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:29 pm

Destro has better wb tools
Order has better 6man/small scale tools

If you wanna balance one, then balance the other one too.
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x