Recent Topics

Ads

New to Chosen, but can't find a good build.

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
BeautfulToad

Re: New to Chosen, but can't find a good build.

Post#11 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:09 pm

DaWolf wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:59 am
Onemantankwall wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:21 am [...] the good ones dont slap they're tricks of the trade on public forums.
So now nobody will answer. :roll:
It is not rocket science. If you are new to a tank, strap yourself in armour and grab a shield. Max your armour, def stats, buff allies and guard anything in your party that will damage the enemy - choppa or mara. Charge into the enemy first be last to flee. Get an addon to see distance from your guard

Your 2handed build will require a bit of care, but have a 2handed loadout spare (basically have set of armour/weapons with max str or weaponskill stats). If you want to do anything except charge into order, youll need that in reserve.

Ads
Zxul

Post#12 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:34 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:34 pm
Zxul wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:11 pm
TenTonHammer wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:35 pm The class trees are not so amazingly balanced in this game that you have a ton of viable different builds like 2-3 at most
Depends on class. On some- bg for example- the number of builds is indeed limited, or at least I hadn't seem anyone come up with anything unusual. On others, like chosen, there are more options- looking at my chosen for example, part of the build is similar to Oneman's, which is already isn't common, part is stuff which I had never seen mentioned on forums.
You got downfall, mixed defenses and quake

What a nonstandard about that? No one goes up dread anymore not that the devs gutted the tree

Corruption and discord is the meta spec for chosen as the tri spec is long since dead
On the side note, that build I posted is not the one I use- it was a reply to OP about base snb chosen build.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

labotimy

Post#13 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:00 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:35 pm The class trees are not so amazingly balanced in this game that you have a ton of viable different builds like 2-3 at most
Depends on class. On some- bg for example- the number of builds is indeed limited, or at least I hadn't seem anyone come up with anything unusual. On others, like chosen, there are more options- looking at my chosen for example, part of the build is similar to Oneman's, which is already isn't common, part is stuff which I had never seen mentioned on forums.

What a nonstandard about that? No one goes up dread anymore not that the devs gutted the tree

Corruption and discord is the meta spec for chosen as the tri spec is long since dead
Not sure why Dread tree got gutted and knights conquest tree got basically buffed. Chosen seems like a shell nowadays, completely overshadowed by blork and knights. Oppressing blows should be an aoe damage debuff activated by crit, like it used to be, maybe even buffed to not require crit for activation. Self crit tactic is literal trash and makes the class have nothing overwhelmingly good, and very little reason to run one outside of standard auras.

TenTonHammer

Post#14 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:10 pm

labotimy wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:00 pm

Not sure why Dread tree got gutted and knights conquest tree got basically buffed. Chosen seems like a shell nowadays, completely overshadowed by blork and knights. Oppressing blows should be an aoe damage debuff activated by crit, like it used to be, maybe even buffed to not require crit for activation. Self crit tactic is literal trash and makes the class have nothing overwhelmingly good, and very little reason to run one outside of standard auras.
Well firstly because the head dev inchage of the balance at that time was hugely incompetent and made terrible balance decisions whose ramofications we still feel to this day

Secondly because tactics stack with abilities here in ror things like bos you missed me or challenge would stack with crippling stikes, it didn’t work like that on live, CS was a non stacking debuff

So they removed it when the simple and straight forward solution was to simply tie CS debuff as an effect to rending blade so that it wouldn’t stack with other abilites

labotimy

Post#15 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:17 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:10 pm
labotimy wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:00 pm

Well firstly because the head dev inchage of the balance at that time was hugely incompetent and made terrible balance decisions whose ramofications we still feel to this day

Secondly because tactics stack with abilities here in ror things like bos you missed me or challenge would stack with crippling stikes, it didn’t work like that on live, CS was a non stacking debuff

So they removed it when the simple and straight forward solution was to simply tie CS debuff as an effect to rending blade so that it wouldn’t stack with other abilites
That seems like a huge oversight, that literally relegates chosen to second fiddle in the context of group play. Like they actually have nothing good compared to other tanks.