Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder vs Zealot

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Doom123

Marauder vs Zealot

Post#1 » Thu May 23, 2019 8:36 pm

Hey everyone,

I am considering making an alt since all the Chaos classes just look amazing. I am however torn between the Marauder and the Zealot.

The Marauder does look more fun, but I do enjoy the ranged playstyle and the ability to have more situational awareness of the battlefield from a distance. That being said I am not 100% on board for being a healbot 24/7.

How does the Zealot play? In RvR does he do more than simply heal? Is he good at debuffing / disrupting the enemy groups? Cause that is something that does sound fun, then again so does rushing in with your mutated limbs and turning people into minced-meat with the Marauder...

Basically what are the benefits of each and how do they play? I am sure some might say to try both, but I am honestly not a fan of too many alts, having another character besides my Magus would be my playtime stretched enough.

Thanks for reading.

Ads
wpc56
Suspended

Re: Marauder vs Zealot

Post#2 » Thu May 23, 2019 9:45 pm

Probably depends on what hours you play. NA is lacking healer in general, I don't know about European time.

Both classes are group dependent classes. Marauder is great in 6v6/wb but not great 1v1 until you are very well geared (and have potions)

Zealot is healbot essentially and best heal at that. Though some have play around as DPS zealot but then it's a win more class (ie. everyone else have to cater to you, peel for you) and pug would hate you for not healing.

If you like range, why don't you pick SH? It's the flavour of the month class. Best kiting range class and best pet class on both side. SH have two valid career paths, melee and range.

Doom123

Post#3 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:53 pm

wpc56 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:45 pm Probably depends on what hours you play. NA is lacking healer in general, I don't know about European time.

Both classes are group dependent classes. Marauder is great in 6v6/wb but not great 1v1 until you are very well geared (and have potions)

Zealot is healbot essentially and best heal at that. Though some have play around as DPS zealot but then it's a win more class (ie. everyone else have to cater to you, peel for you) and pug would hate you for not healing.

If you like range, why don't you pick SH? It's the flavour of the month class. Best kiting range class and best pet class on both side. SH have two valid career paths, melee and range.
I am generally only interested in the Chaos classes, hence the options I mentioned. I don't necessarily need to do DPS as the Zealot, I can play Magus for that experience. I am just wondering if the Zealot is all standing around spamming heals or if he is more as the wiki portrays him, a debuffer who takes from his enemies and gives to his allies, sort of a buffer/debuffer.

If I am sentenced to healing 99% of the time then I am kinda leaning towards Marauder, cause he is visually more interesting due to the mutations.

larsulu
Suspended

Post#4 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:02 pm

Zealot is generally flash of chaos spam but you have a good CCs to keep interrupted enemies and one of the best m1 in the game.
Is a good kiter and it fits well in any destro comps.
You got a strong hot which increase your target armor ( requires a tactics ).
zealots are very fun/hard ( switching fast your invert stats mechanic to increase your cc/dps effectives ) to play in small scales fights.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Alfa1986

Post#5 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:26 am

strange comparison, the same as "help choose shoes: boots or slippers?". Miles DPS and Range Heal are completely different classes. DPS Zealot is very bad, I have never seen that Zealot was at the top of the list of DPS on the scenarios, like shaman/ am. but then you will receive from pugs in your address a lot of angry comments like “noob”, “remove game, bastard”, “where is our heal, bullshit ?!” etc ) in fact, the zealot is the most disadvantaged class in the game. as heal he loses, and shaman and the more so to dok, like the DPS too.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Dammy095

Post#6 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:04 am

^ so wrong
dd zealot/runepriest are only ones viable in warbands, no proper warband will ever let dd shaman or dok in, but dd zeal is not only allowed but very strong in it( zealot even betetr coz od woi and m4), numbers at sc means nothing

and heal spec, zealot/runepriest is best single target healers in game ( and again zealot even betetr coz of m1)

BeautfulToad

Post#7 » Fri May 24, 2019 2:23 pm

Zealot will always be wanted since it is probably the best destro pocket healer.

Marauder would likely be funner though as there is a bit more to it than a healer, but "LF: Healer" pops up in the LFG chat much more than "LF: dps". To back up Dammy a bit, I have heard dps zealot is okay too, but there is a lot of rage directed at people who want to give dps zealot a go, so youd need thick skin to even just try it breifly.

Id go Mara first and have a zealot alt.

Detangler

Post#8 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:14 pm

DPS zealot can work well in organized warband play, but outside of that its not near as effective. The most useful debuffs have limited range (aoe heal debuff on crit 80 feet, aoe armor and corp debuff 40 feet cone) so you need meat shields between you and the enemy so you don't get blown up too quick. critting for 1000+ damage is not impossible on a zealot, but its once every 2 seconds so DPS is definitely not comparative to pure DPS classes.

A zealot should never come close to DPS damage because duh - you still get rez, heals, and shields. You should be in the mindset of a more "DPS utility" as a name for the build.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#9 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:01 am

Dammy095 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:04 am ^ so wrong
, numbers at sc means nothing

Not agree

In theory, it is possible in the warband dd zealot and is useful, due to the debuff of the armor and m3 of silence, but in practice 95-99% of the time any player spends not in the warband but either solo or 6 Man.

Yes, and by the way, for this purpose, zealot absolutely does not need to be dd, it is enough just to put tactics on the armor debuff, run into the crowd of the enemy under the tank's guard, use "demon spittle" m3 morality, wind and spaming dust.
since it requires DPS from such a zealot, it only requires support from the debuff, this cannot be called dd
Detangler wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 4:14 pm
DPS zealot can work well in organized warband play, but outside of that its not near as effective. The most useful debuffs have limited range (aoe heal debuff on crit 80 feet, aoe armor and corp debuff 40 feet cone) so you need meat shields between you and the enemy so you don't get blown up too quick. critting for 1000+ damage is not impossible on a zealot, but its once every 2 seconds so DPS is definitely not comparative to pure DPS classes.

A zealot should never come close to DPS damage because duh - you still get rez, heals, and shields. You should be in the mindset of a more "DPS utility" as a name for the build.
Agree
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum