Recent Topics

Ads

[magus]gearing for rift spec?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
gloryhammer2

[magus]gearing for rift spec?

Post#1 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:15 pm

what kind of gear should i aim to be a good rifter?? should i aim for less chance to be disrupted? more survival? whats bis for this setup?

Ads
anarchypark

Re: [magus]gearing for rift spec?

Post#2 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:51 am

Invader is BiS.
until then, any set is ok for pug.
not sure about premade.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Nidwin

Post#3 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:41 am

I'm deftard parry build specced on Nidwinqq at the moment.

4 Dominator (boots, gloves, shoulder, head)
2 Invador (belt, robe)

Defensive Officer emblems staff (to keep it cheap and to avoid to have to run 100 001 scenarios)

With blue daemon up I'm pulling 20% parry and around 40% dodge/disrupt solo.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

nat3s

Post#4 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:19 am

Deftard here too, I use 4x bl, 3x domi, 2x anni (basically all the toughness set piece bonuses). Toughness talis. Almost 900 toughness + 2.2k aegis heal, 2.5k healpot and 4k rejuv pot. Use Demonsoul epic quest staff for the proc (a 720 heal).

Nice and tanky for rifting in a WB.

Destroys everything including WLs in 1v1 if you like to solo roam. Struggles with the odd dps AM as, with blue pet out, you both have high disrupt so it can be a long fight + AM has heals and shield. Great for killing WHs, just sit on a flag with stun pet on ground and wait!! Get dots up and spam maw and kite
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

chokeanutsman

Post#5 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:26 pm

I'd go with Bloodlord (25% AoE anti-heal), and if that's too time consuming, then mix sets with toughness on it.

But rift is garbage. Dissolving Mists (Constant Pressure on Ledges vs. Order ranged and Choke Points while casting other skills, AND hits decent vs. tanks and ranged alike) and Firestorm is better (Allows you to obstruct WHILE DEALING DEALING DAMAGE so you don't need guard 70% of the time). You can have the +HP skill too even if you go Dissolving Mists+Firestorm+Endless Pande on Turret/Lions. And you don't waste your team's guard so your Choppas and healers can actually have guard.

Why go rift when Choppa/Mara/Healers need guard more? Why take the Magus pull (when you could have been stacking damage on dissolving mists at chokepoints) when Choppa Pull is stronger? May as well go DPS Zealot for a "disruptive melee mage" because they got AoE anti-heal utility AND can go full healer heal by turning off passive Harbinger of Doom LOL, much better on a chokepoint.

This is why destro is losing, the Maguses go full retard melee and never counterpressure the Ranged order on ledges WITH Sorc. Sorc + Magus counterpressuring ranged TOGETHER is insane.

You could probably have just 1 Rift and the rest of the Maguses go dissolving mists/firestorm really.

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:09 pm

Rift Magus does 1000x more PBAOE DPS than a Mist/Firestorm combo: Agonizing Torrent, roll your DoTs, Aegis, Blue Horror, and spam Lash.

Mist just requires people moving out of it (I'm sure even current pug WBs can manage that), and Firestorm can be interrupted.

chokeanutsman

Post#7 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:02 pm

https://i.gyazo.com/7170dd9cc29132fcb74 ... fbff78.png

319,318, 34k less and apparently the slayer was a beast too.

Gitbane's warband basically proved you don't need Rift Magus.

Melee + Robe is a meme, seriously I'll play a morale drain marauder at that point when I could so much more damage and push better with dissolving mists + firestorm in a choke point in RvR (Even in an SC it's actually really nice to stop people from capping deathballs and etc)

TL;DR I'm just warning you, Melee + Robe gets countered too easily.
Last edited by chokeanutsman on Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:04 pm

When someone uses scenario screenshots as an indicator for x being better than y, it is time to stop talking to that person.

Ads
Tankbeardz

Post#9 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:42 pm

chokeanutsman wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:02 pm https://i.gyazo.com/7170dd9cc29132fcb74 ... fbff78.png

319,318, 34k less and apparently the slayer was a beast too.

Gitbane's warband basically proved you don't need Rift Magus.

Melee + Robe is a meme, seriously I'll play a morale drain marauder at that point when I could so much more damage and push better with dissolving mists + firestorm in a choke point in RvR (Even in an SC it's actually really nice to stop people from capping deathballs and etc)

TL;DR I'm just warning you, Melee + Robe gets countered too easily.
Rift magus can do a lot of damage. I don't see anyone doing it right though, sadly.

P.S. Engi does it better.

Panodil

Post#10 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:10 pm

As rift magus you go full dps, any set with high int and crit. You are in a dps slot so you need to do your part in damage. Rift is just a reason to puck magus over a sorc.
Im running 2 vanq, 2 conq, 3 sent on my magus atm.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage