Recent Topics

Ads

[magus]pve spec??

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
gobbohammer

[magus]pve spec??

Post#1 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:54 am

what spec you guys run for doing dungeons?

Ads
Panodil

Re: [magus]pve spec??

Post#2 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:42 am

https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,5095,5088
I run this, with ap tactic no one will have AP issue. On bosses where i cant be close for cq(most of them) i use 15% crit tactic.
Flickering red fire does alot of damage with Surgin power.
With AP tactic and daemonic withering you bring alot to you group.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:21 pm

You can definitely do what panodil suggested but I prefer

https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,5094,5086

More AoE to help clear trash mobs especially in bilerot burrow

Aegis as a panic button, because I have surging power for FRF I don’t belive my st dps is all that bad

shaggyboomboom

Post#4 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:25 am

If you want to boost your dmg you will need a shaman with his puddle. The ele debuff provides a huge dps boost.

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:12 am

Sleight of Hand not needed at all and a real waste imo. Doubt anything beats FrF spam.

Panodil

Post#6 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:07 am

FrF spam with daemonic withering, surgin power, cq, ap/crit is very good damage. Would even say that magus bring highest damage out of all the dps in PvE
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

chokeanutsman

Post#7 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:45 am

General Rotation for DPS (Safe Version - Path of Changing):

Clearing Trash Mobs:
When killing more than 1 mob = glean magic + dissolving mists + daemonic lash. You don't need to invest much in damage for this.

Be careful with dissolving mists because people need to see if there are puddles or not on the bosses. And boss puddles generally hurt. When in a situation where you need to AoE really hard, this combo is AMAZING in combination with blue pet (Bastion Right, 3rd mini-boss he has a phase where you need to AoE faeries). Daemonic Lash can be AP hungry, but there are a lot of ways to get AP regen (+3 AP jewelry, or daemonology T1 tactic)

Vs Bosses:
Glean Magic + Endless Pandemonium + Daemonic Maw (Pretty much an instant cast Flickering Red Fire) + Flamer pet is actually "okay," borderline comparable, DPS vs. bosses, but generates a lot of aggro. So Sleight of Hand is not bad assuming you go Changing + Daemonology. Even with a guard, this route creates a lot of aggro, so you DO need sleight of hand. But at least you have high HP so it's okay.

And when you detaunt while the boss is doted, the dots don't get rid of the detaunt so long as you don't attack/cast/dissolving mists and break the detaunt while the boss is doted.

Combine Endless Pandenominium + high HP (wound renown first, then int renown, actually futile strikes isn't bad either vs. bosses but wounds come first because it's cheaper) and healers will have an easy time healing you [very important], because in Bastion Stairs/Gunbad HP is VERY important.

You can do Bastion Stairs mid wing with low HP like 5k, sure. But Right Wing and Left Wing is kinda brutal without high HP (The Right Wing 1st boss and Left Wing last boss, you need high HP to do those effectively). BB/BE you can be glass cannon and still be useful.

Survivability (Daemonology):

With high wounds, Aegis of Orange Fire is important as well. It heals you, AND increases your max HP for a while. So if for some reason the aggro goes all over the place (Such as when Bastion Right Wing 1st boss RESETS aggro and goes for you), your healer will have an easier time healing you. If you spec into Flickering Red Fire, you will lose 15% damage under 45 feet AND a 2k heal + hp increase every 60 seconds. That being said, Wounds Talismans are important as well so that your healer and tank will have an easier time protecting you.

Flickering Red Fire thoughts:

Flickering Red Fire crit build should theoretically be the way to go vs. bosses, but you NEED CRIT renown and you sacrifice wounds renown (this can be unforgiving). If you're at a low rank and you do a crit build with low hp vs. Bastion Right 1st boss, you will die to boss auto attacks and room AoE alone, so be careful. Some bosses can crit for 7k, that's why it is advisable that you have at least 9k HP.

So if you're at low rank, and you do a crit build, Bastion Stairs and Gunbad (Specially the left final boss Glomp, it can be very hard for your Tank and Healer to react because the adds can one shot someone when they spawn) is going to be brutal with low wounds if you do a crit build, specially when the mobs RESET AGGRO. Basically don't do this (assuming you're pugging, if you have a dedicated team that you do dungeons when then by all means go for it)

TL;DR Changing (Dots + AoE) + Daemonology (HP + 15% more damage at under 45 range) + High Wounds (Talismans + Renown) makes dungeons very easy and you can still do decent damage. Only do FRF crit damage at high ranks if you have competent team mates or if you are on BB/BE, which is a DPS race dungeon anyways.

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:10 am

Investing in wounds talismans is just a flat dps loss, as your detaunt + healers + tanks (emergency Guard and Challenge) should be more than sufficient for keeping you up, combined with double health pots.

Ads
chokeanutsman

Post#9 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:20 am

You can reach 1050 int without intelligence talismans if you mix sets instead of full sets, wounds doesn't have diminishing returns. I don't see anybody doing Bastion right or Bastion left's final boss with bad RNG without high HP reliably SPECIALLY if it's a pug.

Assuming that the guy can't afford health pots, the changing + daemonology should still be enough DPS and decent survivability. And when you're pugging, I highly doubt tanks and healers are going to have godly reaction time 100% of the time. Like I said, glass cannon builds are great and all but not everybody will be at 100% of their game when pugging. The PvE Dungeons are not always about DPS, sometimes it's also making sure your healer and tank can react fast enough to Divine Favor or Guard switch for example. Allowing your team to "react" fast enough for when Bastion Left's final boss punts you into the farthest corner of the room is important too or when Glomp spawns adds and all of the adds random aggro to you the moment they spawn (People have died even with like 7k hp here when all of Glomp's adds random aggro'd to one person).

But yeah it's not hard to get 1050 int even with wounds talismans and having high wounds actually prepares you for bad RNG in runs and adds.

peterthepan3

Post#10 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:30 am

Would neither pug PvE nor mix sets on Magus, but to each their own. If it works for you, then that's all that matters.