Recent Topics

Ads

Rework sava/brut Mara.

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
TenTonHammer

Re: Rework sava/brut Mara.

Post#31 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:58 pm

3% that good enough for me as it insure I do at blow up

Should I choose to in the future with higher rr I can just just get 1 more lvl of FS

I don’t care about how much ini stat I have, if i did I can just shill out an arm and a leg to get rare fortune

Ads
Ketamine

Post#32 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:05 pm

3x FS 253 ini unbuffed.. 300+ with zealot.
Even with 2x FS i would have 0% to be crit i think cuz of gear.
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

TenTonHammer

Post#33 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Ah forgot to factor in zel buffs in from grps

Either way you don’t need ini from those tactics

Ysaran

Post#34 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:11 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:58 pm 3% that good enough for me as it insure I do at blow up

Should I choose to in the future with higher rr I can just just get 1 more lvl of FS

I don’t care about how much ini stat I have, if i did I can just shill out an arm and a leg to get rare fortune
Isn't a bit too much 3%? I don't have a mara but usually I try to go at -10% more or less on my char
Zputadenti

TenTonHammer

Post#35 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:58 pm

Ysaran wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:11 pm
TenTonHammer wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:58 pm 3% that good enough for me as it insure I do at blow up

Isn't a bit too much 3%? I don't have a mara but usually I try to go at -10% more or less on my char
Like I said it’s enough for me to ensure when I go into a fight I don’t blow up and it’s been fine so far and I’ve still got pleanty of renown to spare in the future to go negative if I want

theoddone

Post#36 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:34 pm

So many marauder experts. Must be OP class :D
-Theo

Lokiusus

Post#37 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:41 pm

I’m going to stop lurking and throw my two cents in here:

I love sav/brut. I made one in WAR and it’s still my favorite way to play my Mara. I try not to play Monstro specific unless I have too in a WB setting, there’s not a ton of skill to it in comparison.

That said - Sav/Brut does feel a bit gimped atm. There have been so many nerfs that, yes, you can debuff well, but your DPS threat has diminished a lot, and as Mara you don’t have a ton of survivability (unless you stop DPSing to go Monst) to make up for the diminished threat.

As evidence - I suspect we have less Mara’s playing recently than we ever have before, and I certainly haven’t heard bitching about Mara from the playerbase - when all other very effective DPS classes (BW/Sorc, SL/CH, WL/WL) regularly receive hate.

If everyone thinks Marauders are “balanced well” it probably means they don’t see them as much of a threat as the others, and arguably Mara should be tweaked upwards to be in line with the competition.
BG: 80+ | BLORK: 70+ | CH: 60+ | CHOP 70+ | MARA 70+ | DOK: 70+ | WE 70+
aSW: 70+ (RIP) | SL 80+ | BW 70+ | WH 70+ | SM 60+

TenTonHammer

Post#38 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:55 pm

Lokiusus wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:41 pm
That said - Sav/Brut does feel a bit gimped atm. There have been so many nerfs that, yes, you can debuff well, but your DPS threat has diminished a lot, and as Mara you don’t have a ton of survivability (unless you stop DPSing to go Monst) to make up for the diminished threat.

As evidence - I suspect we have less Mara’s playing recently than we ever have before, and I certainly haven’t heard bitching about Mara from the playerbase - when all other very effective DPS classes (BW/Sorc, SL/CH, WL/WL) regularly receive hate.

If everyone thinks Marauders are “balanced well” it probably means they don’t see them as much of a threat as the others, and arguably Mara should be tweaked upwards to be in line with the competition.
Really?

Ok, lets start

besides the changes to TB what other major nerfs have mara gotten?

Also i want you to take a real good look around IC, mara is still the most popular MDPS in the game, ask in chat what the best destro mdps or hell dps for that matter and everyone will tell you mara

Mara has the most surviveability of any mdps in the game but yeah is you go out with a guard or healer your still gonna get blown up fast

what is "the competition"?

Choppa? the class that is completely reliant on our debuffs?

Sorc the ranged glass cannon?

Or do you mean WL? one of the most badly designed classes in the game that nothing more than a pug stomp class

Ads
Lokiusus

Post#39 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:15 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:55 pm

Really?

Ok, lets start

besides the changes to TB what other major nerfs have mara gotten?

Also i want you to take a real good look around IC, mara is still the most popular MDPS in the game, ask in chat what the best destro mdps or hell dps for that matter and everyone will tell you mara

Mara has the most surviveability of any mdps in the game but yeah is you go out with a guard or healer your still gonna get blown up fast

what is "the competition"?

Choppa? the class that is completely reliant on our debuffs?

Sorc the ranged glass cannon?

Or do you mean WL? one of the most badly designed classes in the game that nothing more than a pug stomp class
I remember a series of nerfs which have changed Mara over the past few years, some to morales (including the removal of the root morale), TB, reduction of armor cut by cutting claw, reduction of armor bypassed by impale (although this could admittedly be misremembered).

I assume you’re playing in EU, so it may be different than NA, but I don’t usually see more than a few Maras in the lakes these days, certainly outweighted by the number of choppas.

My point in survivability is that you have few options open to while in DPS stance you besides flipping to Monstro and snaring then fleeing. That combined with the limited defensive CC predicated on defense procs makes me think of maras as rather easy to murder. Any DPS with guard and heals has more survive.

And just to round this out - yes, all DPS competes with one another, especially in the MDPS category. I think you’re exagerating the dependency of Choppa on Mara debuffs, and I’m not sure why pointing out that WLs are broken is impactful besides showing how powerful hey are (and should be nerfed obviously), but given that they are the “mirror” to Mara, I would say all the above.

Balance is supposed to make classes equally powerful within their group/individual roles, right? I certainly see lots of SL/CH/WL performing at a high level these days in the role they fill. Hell even SW melee is solid. I’m just saying that I don’t think many would include Mara in that “highly powerful” list, and if that’s the case, either it could use a tune up or they need a tune down.
BG: 80+ | BLORK: 70+ | CH: 60+ | CHOP 70+ | MARA 70+ | DOK: 70+ | WE 70+
aSW: 70+ (RIP) | SL 80+ | BW 70+ | WH 70+ | SM 60+

Bozzax

Post#40 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:38 pm

Mara
-PB tactic ”bugfix” (now mach tooltip)
-Monstro proc reduced (not sure if is still in)
-TB debuff reduced (burst drop)
-TB cooldown (sustain drop)
-TB moved (spec options lost)

+TE buff

Still no1 pick for group, solid solo and ok for wb. Very few classes are equally valid in most settings.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7