Recent Topics

Ads

Weak hits with mara

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
wildwindblows

Re: Weak hits with mara

Post#41 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:02 pm

Okay, Mara has lowest damage output when compared to other classes. Playing 2h tank classes is more make sense instead of playing mara. Damage is almost same and 2h tank classes are hard to kill. Wl can easly assasinate any class it is okay. Am hit tones of damage it is normal. When we say mara needs adjustments ppl judge us as a noob. No need to discuss this anymore. Orders must be enjoy to killing poor maras.

Ads
oaliaen

Post#42 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:16 pm

Yea..3 years in this game and still wondering how Healer classes does more dmg than dmg cores..

Zxul

Post#43 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:48 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:02 pm Playing 2h tank classes is more make sense instead of playing mara. Damage is almost same and 2h tank classes are hard to kill.
2h tanks which are specced for dmg ain't hard to kill, unless you are trying to go specifically vs their parry. And usually there are ways to get around it- Riposte+Monstrosity is probably the simplest on mara, Flanking + PB combined with Impale and with good positioning requires more work but works as well.
wildwindblows wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:02 pmWl can easly assasinate any class it is okay.
On my magus and my chosen, wl are free renown sticks with legs. Probably same on my hybrid dps dok which I'm reviving atime.
wildwindblows wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:02 pmAm hit tones of damage it is normal.
Am hitting on my chosen with their channel- "XXX hit you got 300 dmg, 700 mitigated". That's assuming the hit actually got past block/disrupt- and my chosen is hybrid dps.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Jastojan

Post#44 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:05 pm

Zxul wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:48 pm
wildwindblows wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:02 pm Playing 2h tank classes is more make sense instead of playing mara. Damage is almost same and 2h tank classes are hard to kill.
2h tanks which are specced for dmg ain't hard to kill, unless you are trying to go specifically vs their parry. And usually there are ways to get around it- Riposte+Monstrosity is probably the simplest on mara, Flanking + PB combined with Impale and with good positioning requires more work but works as well.
wildwindblows wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:02 pmWl can easly assasinate any class it is okay.
On my magus and my chosen, wl are free renown sticks with legs. Probably same on my hybrid dps dok which I'm reviving atime.
wildwindblows wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:02 pmAm hit tones of damage it is normal.
Am hitting on my chosen with their channel- "XXX hit you got 300 dmg, 700 mitigated". That's assuming the hit actually got past block/disrupt- and my chosen is hybrid dps.
So you just wrote what was written before (Playing 2h tank classes make more sense instead of playing mara. Damage is almost same and 2h tank classes are hard to kill) ... thread is about the position of marauder in the line of dps classes and you are writing how chosen perform against AM or WL. Love it. You wrote that WL are free renown for your chosen or magus at the same time. For mara it is not. So what makes mara so good in tamrs of dmg in your eyes? Dont understand why you try denied the fact that even healer classes are better dpses than mara.
I play Mara, SH, BO and have to say that playng BO is much more satisfying. Mara realy doesnt have burst to be in the same line as AM or WL or SW. Just look at Zarbix stream he played WL, AM, everyone can SEE how the classes perform. Why did he decide to play them? Simple answer. They are realy realy strong.
I like marauders, the class has good spells for rvr, is mobile and fun to play. But the dmg is not very satisfying. It is realy not.

WeGotThis

Post#45 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:05 am

Reminds me of forum posts pack in 2009, where marauder ONLY was a debuffer class without crit dmg tactic...
People were so much whining, until they buffed Mara... And even befor that Patch Galva dominated everyone :lol:

Now there are only a handfull of Marauders actaully doing some work. the rest are monstro Aoe spam on single target trolls. :P

Ysaran

Post#46 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:14 am

The question is been answered, this thread should be closed and buried in the deep of the forum. This thread is full of bulshit and no newbie should read it. Mara is a great dps.

P.s. Bloodlord is not BiS for mara, you should try to mix Bloodlord and invader. Two Bloodlord weaps are useless, use only one since buffs doesn't stack.

P.p.s listen to what says Larsulu, if someone knows the mara is him
Last edited by Ysaran on Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zputadenti

jadeknight

Post#47 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:35 am

I seem to go alright on my Mara. It starts off awesome at early levels, then flattens out for a little while whilst you're in conq and getting more renown. Embrace being squishy and you kill just fine. Or dump a tonne of points into anti crit and accept mediocre DPS. Someone mentioned low DPS on their guillotine, mine without being detaunted are around 1700. Most of my kills come from offhand auto attacks to be honest.

Whilst you don't quite have the burst, check your combat log and you'll see that there's alot of damage over time and it adds up.

wildwindblows

Post#48 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:43 am

Ysaran wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:14 am The question is been answered, this thread should be closed and buried in the deep of the forum. This thread is full of bulshit and no newbie should read it. Mara is a great dps.

P.s. Bloodlord is not BiS for mara, you should try to mix Bloodlord and invader. Two Bloodlord weaps are useless, use only one since buffs doesn't stack.
Thanks for the advice

Ads
larsulu
Suspended

Post#49 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:54 am

Mara is the best dps melee in the game.
M1 root, pull , strong debuff and good sustaine against all type of melee/aa damage with monstro proc.
Is top in 6v6 small man and wb fights.
I just don’t accept they nerfed soo hard thounderous blow and draining swipe should be reworked cuz is out of any Rotations.
As the best dps in the game is one of the hardest to play.
You need a good grp around Mara to see his real power.
The only difference about Mara and wl is :
A bad Mara can’t kill/deal burst dmg.
A bad white lion can kill / deal burst dmg.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

larsulu
Suspended

Post#50 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:58 am

Ysaran wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:14 am The question is been answered, this thread should be closed and buried in the deep of the forum. This thread is full of bulshit and no newbie should read it. Mara is a great dps.

My Mara got 2 sentinel pieces ( helm + ring )
Bloodlord belt/chest /shoulders / gloves / boots
Beastlord ring + cloak
2 genesis ( aspect + renmant )
I can reach 53% crit chance without impale tactic.
It works well.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok