Recent Topics

Ads

New Player - Chosen Problems

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
MushroomKing

New Player - Chosen Problems

Post#1 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:52 pm

As the topic says, I am a new player and I really want to play a Chosen (shield and 1h weapon). I've gotten to lvl9 but it's become almost impossible to progress. I can kill a single mob of equal level to mine but if even a second one joins in (Not to mention higher level mobs, even single ones), I get my face kicked in.

Do you have any advice for a newbie follower of Chaos such as me? Perhaps a guide to low level Chosen? Any help will be appreciated!

Ads
Toggle

Re: New Player - Chosen Problems

Post#2 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:19 pm

Best way to level is a combination of RvR (for RR) and scenarios. Leveling through PvE (at your level) is going to be super slow and inefficient. Spend some time in the T1 RvR areas, earn the influence gear there, and you’ll be in a much better spot going into T2-T4.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Acidic

Post#3 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:23 pm

Sounds like a gear issue
The above poster solution works as pvp gives fear also do pq’s as they give gear

Mob grinding ends up having a gear issue unless u look for quests with gear, not the fastest way to progress

marisco

Post#4 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:43 pm

SNB Chosen is terrible at grinding mob packs. Things get better when you learn Dreadful agony for the aoe damage ticks and Corrupting Retribution for the self heals but even with those auras up its a snoozefest since you just take to much time to finish a pack without a reliable aoe abilty.

As people said, level up via pvp. If you really want to grind via pve, you might want to try another class thats better suited for it.

anrix

Post#5 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:26 pm

You can also down rank mobs if you are aoeing grinding.

But as people mentioned you should mix in pvp to get your rr up as you are leveling pvp will also give you access to gear, PQs are sparsely done outside starting zones.

Things will get better in the later levels, once you hit 30 or so you should be able to pull 6-12 equal level mobs at a time.