Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Why are our demons 2 seconds to summon?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
RuffRyder

Re: [Magus] Why are our demons 2 seconds to summon?

Post#11 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:58 pm

Lithenir wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:50 pm
RuffRyder wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:39 pm
Lithenir wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:25 pm How can it be fair that Magus can debuff the resistance it makes dmg on while Engi cannot debuff Armor?
Yeah, definitely hard to tell what's trolling these days... :D

No offense mate, but Turret has Armor debuff, you have an Armor ignore ability (APR), several set boni have it... enough?
Í give you that I somehow forgot APR, maybe because my Engi is too low to have it. But are you really counting the Turret debuff, which is 24 by tooltip? Wow, so mighty. And this post is not about set boni, it is about abilities, so you can keep those. ;)

Maybe my post was also not well-thought, but I am so sick of these people crying about everything, when they think they have a slight disadvantage
I wrote no offense, but I don't like wrong information spread, I even forgot to mention M3 btw. I'd advise you to test some more things before judging over abilities or tooltips, the Turret debuff can easily be around 900 depending on Mastery.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Ads
Lithenir

Post#12 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:00 pm

martholomew wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:53 pm
Gangan wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:45 pm
martholomew wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:15 pm Unless we spend an entire tactic slot for an instant summon, our demons are 2 full seconds to cast. The Engineer is only 1 second to summon a turret. (...)
Where did you read that engie turrest are 1 sec-casts? They take 2 sec to deploy just like the magus' deamons...

Would be great if people could check such simple things ingame first before crying out on the forum :roll:
Why is it that every time people who are new to this come here asking legitimate mechanics questions, and folks like yourself dog pile on them for it?
Maybe it's because it would have cost you 5 seconds to look up the cast time of the turret all by yourself. Instead you choose to make a thread that Engi seems to be much stronger because of his armor debuff and the range (which is the same as the range from the magus iirc) and the "shorter" turret cast time. You really don't see some whine in here?

Lithenir

Post#13 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:02 pm

RuffRyder wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:58 pm
Lithenir wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:50 pm
RuffRyder wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:39 pm

Yeah, definitely hard to tell what's trolling these days... :D

No offense mate, but Turret has Armor debuff, you have an Armor ignore ability (APR), several set boni have it... enough?
Í give you that I somehow forgot APR, maybe because my Engi is too low to have it. But are you really counting the Turret debuff, which is 24 by tooltip? Wow, so mighty. And this post is not about set boni, it is about abilities, so you can keep those. ;)

Maybe my post was also not well-thought, but I am so sick of these people crying about everything, when they think they have a slight disadvantage
I wrote no offense, but I don't like wrong information spread, I even forgot to mention M3 btw. I'd advise you to test some more things before judging over abilities or tooltips, the Turret debuff can easily be around 900 depending on Mastery.
It's hard to find out how big the Turret debuff really is. I can only go for the Tooltip, even if I admit it is wrong because it shows a lvl 1 skill

Gangan

Post#14 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:05 pm

martholomew wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:15 pm Unless we spend an entire tactic slot for an instant summon, our demons are 2 full seconds to cast. The Engineer is only 1 second to summon a turret. (...)
Where did you read that engie turrest are 1 sec-casts? They take 2 sec to deploy just like the magus' deamons...

Would be great if people could check such simple things ingame first before crying out on the forum :roll:
Why is it that every time people who are new to this come here asking legitimate mechanics questions, and folks like yourself dog pile on them for it?

first: I didn't attack you in any way.
second: It take 5-10 min to create a char and check ingame, or simply go to the carreer-builder
and check it there. but the most anoying thing is that instead of asking " hey could it be that x is better than z" you started a thread "omg, x is so OP while my z is so weak".
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

martholomew

Post#15 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:05 pm

Lithenir wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:00 pm

Maybe it's because it would have cost you 5 seconds to look up the cast time of the turret all by yourself. Instead you choose to make a thread that Engi seems to be much stronger because of his armor debuff and the range (which is the same as the range from the magus iirc) and the "shorter" turret cast time. You really don't see some whine in here?
I see someone who didn't know so they made a post asking for a consolidated question. I have no control over how you choose to see my post, nor do I have any control over how you respond to it.

Now I know better, which was the entire point of me making the post.

I also noticed that the "Your cast times are reduced by 50% when you are within X feet of your target" somehow also shortens the cast time of Turrets without saying that it does in the tooltip, or actually having to be close to the target, so I was misled. Hence, I asked a question about it.
Magus 40/78

martholomew

Post#16 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:07 pm

Gangan wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:05 pm

first: I didn't attack you in any way.
second: It take 5-10 min to create a char and check ingame, or simply go to the carreer-builder
and check it there. but the most anoying thing is that instead of asking " hey could it be that x is better than z" you started a thread "omg, x is so OP while my z is so weak".
That isn't the title of my thread, nor did I say X is so OP and my Z is weak. I said on the surface, it seems imbalanced. And I asked for a more indepth explanation as to why.

Please don't misrepresent what I say, and I won't misrepresent what you say.

And if you gets so upset and triggered by rather new people asking questions on the forum (where they are supposed to ask questions) maybe taking a break from the forums would lessen your stress level over them being posted.
Magus 40/78

Flavorburst

Post#17 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:58 pm

martholomew wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:07 pm nor did I say X is so OP and my Z is weak. I said on the surface, it seems imbalanced.
lol

Isdp

Post#18 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:00 pm

Well to be fair you're not reacting to people explaining things (the 2s deploy, the stats stacking, etc..).

You just act like they're onto you and you go the victim route.

Ads
martholomew

Post#19 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:03 pm

Isdp wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:00 pm

Well to be fair you're not reacting to people explaining things (the 2s deploy, the stats stacking, etc..).

You just act like they're onto you and you go the victim route.
"Now I know better, which was the entire point of me making the post. " But thank you for the helpful analysis.
Magus 40/78

Isdp

Post#20 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:06 pm

Gotta understand that there was two posts necro'd this morning over the same subject, engi vs magus.
Timing was off