Recent Topics

Ads

Magus/Engi

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Przepraszam

Magus/Engi

Post#1 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:00 am

Greetings!!
Just came back to the game after 8yrs, im really happy that i found this private sever and game i really enjoyed :D. Back in the day i had Bw/Sorc at 90+ , and couple other chars including magus 60+ on Karag Azgal. So i decided to roll magus as my main (currently at 23) , found out about changes and buffs to magus/engi wich were very much needed . Unfortenatly area that i consider the most Magus/Engi were lacking in , and that is Dps , wasnt touched basicly...(or am i missing something??? mayby at 40 things gonna change or something). Well i can apply my lol dots at 120yrds now wow!!, that doesnt change the fact that they are still lol dots...easly outhealed and cleansed...:/. Is it really that hard to just up the tooltip numbers on dots??? (ofcourse reasonable amout) . I dont see why anybody would pick Magus/Engi over Sorc/Bw to their party /wb, or am i wrong??? cheers
Billpullman Blips
Millivanilli Karvosky

Ads
Hypernia

Re: Magus/Engi

Post#2 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:09 am

Different classes fill different roles. Magus has plenty of tools that SORC / BW doesn't, and it's designed as a pressure class rather than a full burst one. If the grass is so green you should roll a BW though

Przepraszam

Post#3 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:33 am

Hypernia wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:09 am Different classes fill different roles. Magus has plenty of tools that SORC / BW doesn't, and it's designed as a pressure class rather than a full burst one. If the grass is so green you should roll a BW though
Im not talking about other classes that have "different" roles here , im talking about ranged dps called Magus/Engi , wich as its name suggest is a dps...a pretty poor one, so again my question is why would you pick them instead mentioned Sorc/Bw as a ranged DPS
Billpullman Blips
Millivanilli Karvosky

Sulorie

Post#4 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:52 am

I assume you just use the wrong skills. Both classes deal high damage, when you have time to drop turret/daemon and get enough stacks. You only mention dots but where are your direct damage skills? You are not supposed to cast dots and then watch the target die.
When you go single target spec, you have 2 dots and the rest is direct damage.
Dying is no option.

TenTonHammer

Post#5 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:14 pm

Surging power, demonic withering, chaos unleashed

You’ll need these tactics before your ST dps is up to snuff

Granted though I stopped playing magus becuase blue horror and flamer just die too fast now

The3rdLetter

Post#6 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:36 pm

if you want dots just play AMdps .. the class is broken.. put your dots and do your little tether and anything without a healer dies in about 5 seconds or less.

Sulorie

Post#7 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:17 pm

The3rdLetter wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:36 pm if you want dots just play AMdps .. the class is broken.. put your dots and do your little tether and anything without a healer dies in about 5 seconds or less.
And who is to blame? The player roaming or playing sc without a healer. ;)
As you need already 5sec to setup your dots, dying in 5 sec is impossible, even 10sec is not possible, if they detaunt. Use potions and you can usually get back to safety.
Dying is no option.

geezereur

Post#8 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:10 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:14 pm Surging power, demonic withering, chaos unleashed

Granted though I stopped playing magus becuase blue horror and flamer just die too fast now
I notice that also they die in 1 sec in wb vs wb action,
feels useless as a magus in the City Sieges, lose pet lose your damage.

Ads
xanderous

Post#9 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:17 pm

geezereur wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:10 pm
TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:14 pm Surging power, demonic withering, chaos unleashed

I notice that also they die in 1 sec in wb vs wb action,
feels useless as a magus in the City Sieges, lose pet lose your damage.
Devs made the pets weaker, you can thank them for that and now that they increased the cap on aoe, your pet will insta die faster than you can respawn them, losing all your stacks and defensive benifits, not to mention tanking your AP, ultimately making the class useless in any proper warband for anything other than a generic rift bot.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Zxul

Post#10 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:34 pm

From playing magus, your best options are:
-Pink pet somewhere out of range of aoe, with you next to it using range from it to be able to actually kill stuff.
-Flamer hidden somewhere out of los, and you being father away from it after gaining stacks.

Also instapet tactic is a must.

Still, during anything but keeps/fort s3/parts of city/1v1 while roaming, expect to be usually with 0 stacks.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh