Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder] How much was it nerfed?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
cattlebruiser

Re: [Marauder] How much was it nerfed?

Post#11 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:23 pm

Aerogath wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:59 pm
cattlebruiser wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:55 pm The wiki lists a few of the changes but it doesn't seem to be comprehensive sadly. If you enjoy the class and how it looks I'd still give it a spin, they could buff it at any time.
Marauder is crap for 2 years.... yeah they will buff him soon, good joke.
I didn't say soon, actually. I said they could buff it at any time, which is objectively correct.

Ads
Aerogath
Suspended

Post#12 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:26 pm

cattlebruiser wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:23 pm
Aerogath wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:59 pm
cattlebruiser wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:55 pm The wiki lists a few of the changes but it doesn't seem to be comprehensive sadly. If you enjoy the class and how it looks I'd still give it a spin, they could buff it at any time.
Marauder is crap for 2 years.... yeah they will buff him soon, good joke.
I didn't say soon, actually. I said they could buff it at any time, which is objectively correct.
Ehhh, nuff said ...
wargrimnir wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:25 pm Probably shouldn't hold your breath. Mara hasn't been discussed for much lately. Just the tentacle thing.

zulnam

Post#13 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:36 am

There are three things that you will find for every class in RoR on the internet:

- someone complaining it's been nerfed to hell;
- someone complaining it needs nerfing;
- someone doing a cool music montage with them pwning n00bs

Take everything with a grain of salt as people tend to overdramatise things a lot.

That said Mara is a very good toon, with a role in mostly any play style, be it small 6-man, single-target or organised warband. It might not do the damage it used to do but to call the class inept would be an exageration in every sense.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

larsulu
Suspended

Post#14 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:04 am

Premutos wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:35 pm Hi,
I just started playing and i'm currently deciding on my main.
I played on AoR so i have a basic idea of power levels, strengths/weaknesses of the classes back then.

I saw a couple of impressing videos form 2018 ("second" on yt) owning as Marauder, and also read some forum posts from 3 to 5 years ago, claiming that Mara is a viable choice, has everything needed, and is always welcome in PUG's.
I looked at the Career builder and on paper it also looks really good.

I just now stumbled over a recent thread(2019/2020) here, where everybody seems to agree that Mara was nerfed to the ground and is pretty useless in RvR now.

So my question is, (1) how much is Mara nerfed in RoR compared to AoR/early RoR, and (2) what was nerfed?
(3) Are there also changes to other classes that significally change their power tier, and (4) is there a comprehensive list of balance changes somewhere?

Thanks in advance !
marauder is top elite for wb fights so i'll give you my 2 cents about sava/brut spec ( 6 man/sc )
mara is still a great dps but the only prob they got buffed everything else ( wl, asw, shm, dok dps ) which makes mara a bit weaker.
the new meta made mara highly substitute by blackguard ( it got the same debuff ) and you can replace it with dps with more burst/mobility on destro.
nerfs :
thunderous blows : nerfed by almost 50% the debuff wounds value, cd increase from 5 to 10 and moved it from 6 pts sava to 13 points ( which is very weak now with new sets ) .
armor deuff : cant say nothing i think i started to play ror after they changed/nerfed it.
draining swipe : they turn it from 13 points into 6 points, pretty weak debuff ( seems like useless ) CD 10 but it last only 5 secs.
removed all mutation procs from throw axe.
monstro proc : seems to be a bit more weak till 2/3 years go.
brutality tree has too high ap costs and no reasons to train it more after 9 points.
it got the lowest tool values among melee dps.
he has not gap closer like asw/wl ( their mirrors )
buffs:
they add initiative stats on hulking brute ( first mastery tactic in monstro tree )
they buffed rend ( dot stackable 3 times )
i'd say pull, they turned it from intelligence to str ( it gets 0.5 of your total strenght ) so you can block/parry or interrupt it ( is still a 2 sec cast ).
recently they fixed the distance range but is got some bugs still.
so right now mara have a 100% spot available in all warbands but you rarely find a 6 man sc grp for it.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Sofong

Post#15 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:57 am

sav/brut the only viable for 6man low dps, 0 mobility, utilities can be easily replaced by others, simply worst melee dps atm. as for monstro ap drain morale drain bla bla.... idc if they are so good maybe mirror them to oder and mirror something to mara

Bozzax

Post#16 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:54 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:40 pm @Op

I know probably what thread read your talking about, anyone doom saying that Mara is trash is out of their mind, Mara is still the best destro mdps viable for all content, people just keep comparing it to the overtuned or overbuffed classes on order like assault shadow warrior etc

People who want ASW or WL damage on those classes should just go play those classes then become sand when they become non relevant in seiges
Bozzax wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:00 pm
- PB tactic only affect mutated attacks not everything
- HD tactic leech on heal wont leech potions
Neither of these are “changes” they were bug fixes that maintenance mode mythic wouldn’t bother fixing on live just like the multitude of other bugs they didn’t bother fixing
Lul ofc they are changes if live is you ref point. It is ok tho you can call them gifts if you want to.

Compared to live I’d say damage is down 20-30%, burst is weaker as well as being able to reliably proc monstro in small scale/solo.

Underperformers of the past is mostly buffed as pointed out which makes live mara feel even further off in terms of relative strength.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#17 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:35 pm

Just don't play Marauder. Wargrimmir already said hes not discussed lately, he is crap, weak and there is no need to take more than 1 Monstro mara in your whole wb, because the debuffs the other trees can do, can be done by other mdsp far stronger. Safe yourself the anger and play Bg or Choppa, play Melee Squiq because Order is always crying "mimimi he is op, BUT WL IS BALANCED !!!!111" Just dodge Chosen if you think of playing him as 2h.....

Nefarian78

Post#18 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:39 pm

Mara is good for draining morale in a warband but their usefulness ends there. They're incredibly bad for any form of competitive 6man.

Cutting Claw (armor debuff) is not the same value as it was in AoR, Thunderous Blow (Wounds debuff) is not the same value as it was in AoR and has 10s cd (up from 5). Piercing Bite tactic also does NOT affect it anymore and the ability was moved to 13pts.

Unfortunately, while they have great utility they completely lack the damage to exploit it and are thus replaced by having a Blackguard as one of your tanks (Same dmg and debuffs)

Making marauders a competitive class again isn't difficult.

- Thunderous Blow nerf has to be reverted completely and made usable only with Savagery to make it work with Piercing Bite.

- Tooltip damage has to be increased across the board. (Low tooltip damage was justified post LotD because of crit stacking to ridicolous amounts. None of that here)

- Mutated Aggressor cd needs to be lowered.

- Rend should either only have 1 stack and deal full damage or immune to cleanse.

With these changes i could see maras having a place in smallscale again.
Last edited by Nefarian78 on Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Ads
larsulu
Suspended

Post#19 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:45 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:39 pm Mara is good for draining morale in a warband but their usefulness ends there. They're incredibly bad for any form of competitive 6man.

Cutting Claw (armor debuff) is not the same value as it was in AoR, Thunderous Blow (Wounds debuff) is not the same value as it was in AoR and has 10s cd (up from 5). Piercing Bite tactic also does NOT affect it anymore and the ability was moved to 13pts.

Unfortunately, while they have great utility they completely lack the damage to exploit it.

Making marauders a competitive class again isn't difficult.

- Thunderous Blow nerf has to be reverted completely and made usable only with Savagery to make it work with Piercing Bite.

- Tooltip damage has to be increased across the board. (Low tooltip damage was justified post LotD because of crit stacking to ridicolous amounts. None of that here)

- Mutated Aggressor cd needs to be lowered.

- Rend should either only have 1 stack and deal full damage or immune to cleanse.

With these changes i could see maras having a place in smallscale again.
It will never happens
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Nefarian78

Post#20 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:49 pm

larsulu wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:45 pm It will never happens
Depends how interested the devs are in making marauder a competitive class again. That's the fastest way to do so without upsetting balance too much or requiring sweeping changes to the entire class.

As of right now, marauders are dead weight in 6man. They're in the same position as ranged SW in warbands for Order.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.