Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Firestorm issues in rvr/sc?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
darkfry

[Magus] Firestorm issues in rvr/sc?

Post#1 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:21 am

Has anyone else come across this problem before? I do everything in my power to cast Tzeentch's Firestorm, I have line of sight, its in range, but I can only ever start the cast. As soon as the cast bar and animation begin it just stops. When I'm in the city it works just fine, otherwise it doesn't work at all.

Edit: After some brief testing the issue appears to be linked to me being bolstered. Will I not be able to use mastery abilities in rvr or sc's?

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: [Magus] Firestorm issues in rvr/sc?

Post#2 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:35 am

darkfry wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:21 am Has anyone else come across this problem before? I do everything in my power to cast Tzeentch's Firestorm, I have line of sight, its in range, but I can only ever start the cast. As soon as the cast bar and animation begin it just stops. When I'm in the city it works just fine, otherwise it doesn't work at all.

Edit: After some brief testing the issue appears to be linked to me being bolstered. Will I not be able to use mastery abilities in rvr or sc's?
Try to cast it outside wc, when bolstered but without enemies/pressure ans check if its works properly.

My magus is now 40 and cant test the "bolster thing" but i remember use this spell when was under 40 and works properly.

darkfry

Post#3 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:15 pm

emiliorv wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:35 am
darkfry wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:21 am Has anyone else come across this problem before? I do everything in my power to cast Tzeentch's Firestorm, I have line of sight, its in range, but I can only ever start the cast. As soon as the cast bar and animation begin it just stops. When I'm in the city it works just fine, otherwise it doesn't work at all.

Try to cast it outside wc, when bolstered but without enemies/pressure ans check if its works properly.

My magus is now 40 and cant test the "bolster thing" but i remember use this spell when was under 40 and works properly.
So I tested it, it appeared to be an issue with my gear applying a point to the Changing tree. Once I was able to get the point in naturally it worked fine.

Nrrrdking

Post#4 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:50 am

I'm also having this issue. I don't have extra ranks of path of changing from gear though.

amputationsaw

Post#5 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:44 pm

its already in the bugtracker for 2 weeks. firestorm is not usealbe when you are bolstered. my magus is lvl30 and i respecced on havoc bc of the firestorm bug

Mcma0115

Post#6 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:12 am

Same issue. Rank 25 with +1 from gear right now allowing Firestorm. Channel bar starts then immediately stops in SC.

I'll try again once I can get it without gear +1.

*No gear +1 this time. Still doesn't work in SC; channel starts, then immediately ends early. I am a sad man on a disk with no fire.

Frustrating.

hellalukard01

Post#7 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:46 pm

Same Problem here...
I hope they are going to fix this soon. Its such a cool skill.

Very frustrating...

Mazile

Post#8 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:38 pm

Dont have such problem but i've started to use firestorm when i was 30+, sometimes it's just hard to find the spot if you try to place it on the wall while you under it but at plain ground works fine

Ads
XsorrowerX

Post#9 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:41 am

I was leveling my magus last night and had heard this skill was bugged. As soon as I got it, I tested it and it worked in the city; but as soon as I got into a SC/RVR it ceased to cast. I do not have an extra point from the gear.

Havoc spec for now it seems.

deskofsjn

Post#10 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:56 pm

It's been discussed in a few places, it has been posted a couple times in the bug tracker. It seems it's related to being bolstered. Outside of it getting fixed, once you're leveled up and don't get bolstered, it should work normally.