Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Foofmonger

Re: [Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Post#61 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:29 pm

VkdswWH wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:14 pm
Foofmonger wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:02 pm I think one of the things that's most interesting about this thread so far is that there are clearly two camps here:

1. The Morale-Drain WB focused Marauders who are upset.

2. Basically everyone else.

This makes sense though, and I can explain.
Nope) its 2 camps: 1 - peolples who play Marauder and 2 - peoples who dont play marauder but kwon all about marauder better than others.
Get out of here with your poorly written typo filled, nonsensical bullshit. I've been playing the Marauder since the day it came out on live in 2008.

Yes, the class will need more changes to make it viable, this is just a start. Your analysis is terrible and shows a clear lack of understanding of the class and the game mechanics (also, it's so poorly written and has so many errors I can't even get through it, it's like reading the scribbling of a toddler). If you don't understand how PSM scaling works, or have run any tests yourself (complaining about 50 increase in base damage is just laughable), why would I even care?

It's also very clear that you didn't read or understand the post you responded to. Neither camp that I outlined is saying "Marauders are perfect now and need no further changes". It's pretty clear we as a whole, want more changes and buffs to the class to make it more viable. It's just that one camp wants to be one certain thing that they had (a morale drain bot), whereas most other people want a well-rounded viable class that isn't a one-trick pony of spamming low damage abilities into wbs in the hopes that you get some procs off.

Here's the thing you do not understand apparently: You aren't getting a top-tier morale drain bomb spec + a bunch of other amazing DPS specs/viability. That would be what we would call "overpowered" and would unbalance the game. So it has to be one or the other, and the second camp is saying "we want our DPS class to be a DPS class", whereas you are saying "I only know the status quo and don't want to adjust, so instead of trying to make this class better I want to preserve my current role".
Last edited by Foofmonger on Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
wachlarz

Post#62 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:33 pm

Grock wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:16 pm
Foofmonger wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:52 pmlowbies who can't DPS them through the proc
Dude im top geared with invader, bloodlord, overcap str, maxed crit, all the ****, and my RoA on monstro proc hits for about 200-300 per second - same as monstro's proc heal per second :lol:

Its really not about gear, its about having armor debuff or doing magic damage

Foofmonger wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:13 pmyou need to make sure you never let it run for longer then 1 GCD (3 damage ticks). However, if you can do that it's actually a ton of damage, equating to some of the highest sustained/burst damage a Mara can do. It's absolutely terrible if you let it channel full duration, so make sure you interrupt it ASAP.
btw there's an addon ("Swinger" by Sullemunk) that shows your AA timer, you can use it to sync up channeled casts with AA rest for the max performance ;)
So U telling that CS is " so good " that U need interrut it to make dmg from auto attack. Just WOW, just WOW. I must try this on my BO and 3hit combo. Intterut skill and auto attack. My dmg go up UP UP. Ppl U trolling on this topic?

VkdswWH

Post#63 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:36 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:29 pm Get out of here with your poorly written typo filled, nonsensical bullshit. I've been playing the Marauder since the day it came out on live in 2008.

Yes, the class will need more changes to make it viable, this is just a start. Your analysis is terrible and shows a clear lack of understanding of the class and the game mechanics. If you don't understand how PSM scaling works, or have run any tests yourself (complaining about 50 increase in base damage is just laughable), why would I even care?
i don't interested how long time ago you was play for marauder.
All i do its a look for actual damage number in game and say about it.
Vicgrim - magus
Vicgrimm - marauder

Foofmonger

Post#64 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:43 pm

wachlarz wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:33 pm
So U telling that CS is " so good " that U need interrut it to make dmg from auto attack. Just WOW, just WOW. I must try this on my BO and 3hit combo. Intterut skill and auto attack. My dmg go up UP UP. Ppl U trolling on this topic?
No, I am not trolling. Have you done the math yet? I'm gonna assume by both the quality of your writing, and the tone of your post, you haven't done any math.

Why don't you go do the math, and then come back here and then talk about your "amazing opinion". In fact, I'll help you out. Go to convlusive slashing. Then go to a dummy and test your damage. Record how much damage each tick of convulsive slashing does. Now, multiple that number by 3. That's the total damage CS will deal within a single GCD. Now go compare that number to your other abilities, and tell me what is higher. Happy to wait here and see the results.

Thanks.

Nefarian78

Post#65 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:27 pm

I made a thread about brutality marauder and it nobody gave a crap about it, but anyway...

As of right now, Brutality is not viable due to severe lack of damage and utility, missing a healdebuff in the tree itself and excessive stance dancing.

Convulsive Slashing needs to cost less and deal more damage, alongside having Unstable Convulsions be part of the ability itself. The thing hits like a wet noodle and costs a **** of AP on a build that is constantly starved for AP already.

New tactic should make Wave of Terror cost no AP and reduce healing taken by 50% instead of draining morale in addition of having it's range reduced by 10 feet. Counters Order's 50% group healbuff (that Destro has no way of countering since DoK nerf) and opens multiple build choices for both WB and Smallscale.

Mouth of Tzeentch, Touch of Rot, Gut Ripper all need to be usable in Brutality. Draining Swipes too, to give more options.

Gift of Brutality should receive very, very big buffs to deal more damage than Savagery's dot.

For being the path "Focused on inflicting heavy damage to a single opponent", Brutality still gets outdamaged by any serious SM/BO and is miles behind any Melee DPS.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

wachlarz

Post#66 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:37 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:43 pm
wachlarz wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:33 pm
No, I am not trolling. Have you done the math yet? I'm gonna assume by both the quality of your writing, and the tone of your post, you haven't done any math.

Why don't you go do the math, and then come back here and then talk about your "amazing opinion". In fact, I'll help you out. Go to convlusive slashing. Then go to a dummy and test your damage. Record how much damage each tick of convulsive slashing does. Now, multiple that number by 3. That's the total damage CS will deal within a single GCD. Now go compare that number to your other abilities, and tell me what is higher. Happy to wait here and see the results.

Thanks.
Sorry for my unprofesional text. I think U write that CS is good AND needed to be canceled to make more dmg from autoattck. U see logic in this ?

Jastojan

Post#67 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:18 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:27 pm I made a thread about brutality marauder and it nobody gave a crap about it, but anyway...

As of right now, Brutality is not viable due to severe lack of damage and utility, missing a healdebuff in the tree itself and excessive stance dancing.

Convulsive Slashing needs to cost less and deal more damage, alongside having Unstable Convulsions be part of the ability itself. The thing hits like a wet noodle and costs a **** of AP on a build that is constantly starved for AP already.

New tactic should make Wave of Terror cost no AP and reduce healing taken by 50% instead of draining morale in addition of having it's range reduced by 10 feet. Counters Order's 50% group healbuff (that Destro has no way of countering since DoK nerf) and opens multiple build choices for both WB and Smallscale.

Mouth of Tzeentch, Touch of Rot, Gut Ripper all need to be usable in Brutality. Draining Swipes too, to give more options.

Gift of Brutality should receive very, very big buffs to deal more damage than Savagery's dot.

For being the path "Focused on inflicting heavy damage to a single opponent", Brutality still gets outdamaged by any serious SM/BO and is miles behind any Melee DPS.
Saw your topic and I agree. But cant find it on the forum and I CAN NOT reply on it anymore. Hope it is not in the trash somewhere. I still can find it via your profile, but thats all. But I agree what you wrote, but I am not very experienced as brut mara. So my word does worth almost nothing.

Thyrym

Post#68 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:36 pm

I really don't see how killing a role and not improving another role in a major way(through mechanical changes and impactful modifications) could be considered a buff. But... idk, maybe I just don't understand the game enough and people are seeing something I don't.

Ads
Ekundu01

Post#69 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:37 pm

Edited post on page 8 cause i am newb and hit quote instead of edit.
Last edited by Ekundu01 on Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trismack

Ekundu01

Post#70 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:39 pm

hit wrong button meant to edit
Last edited by Ekundu01 on Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trismack