Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sofong
Posts: 114

Re: [Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Post#81 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:53 am

not sure about monstro stuff but as sav/brut marauder changes are nice got a 10-15% dmg boost, but i do think TB debuff value should be return to somewhere 110-140 cos, with all the new gear and lini and tali choice, stats stacking became easier, players got higher wnds generally, and due to lack of KD, u lost 1/2 hp already comeback from a KD, TB is somewhat a compensation of the hp lost, and as a 13 pts ability, players almost always stay on sav stance(i know i do), have no benefit from piercing bite, still a bit underperforming, and for brut, the tree no one use, prolly need to redesign the whole tree, sav and brut should be combine to one and monstro another, and have no access to eachother, just my opinion.

Ads
User avatar
Grock
Posts: 539

Re: [Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Post#82 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:43 am

Nefarian78 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:19 am
Now that Order has better morale play than Destro (The new morale stopper is doing nothing whatsoever, BWs are getting to m2s in 10-15s again and Wave of Terror is actually pumping 33 morale instead of draining 250) i'd say it's time to balance the raw healing/damage aspect of the factions.
What you are saying here is: "Now that both of the introduced changes seem to be bugged its time to go and make more changes!"

And what is that mythical 50% heal buff that you keep referring to?
Orkni
Image

User avatar
Likeaboss
Posts: 111

Re: [Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Post#83 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:00 am

Sofong wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:53 am
players almost always stay on sav stance(i know i do), have no benefit from piercing bite, still a bit underperforming, and for brut, the tree no one use, prolly need to redesign the whole tree,
1. So, what you said sounds for me like: "I am not able to play with the mechanic, plz buff ma char"
Not switching stances all the time, no buff deserved.

2. 50% crit dmg tactic, 25% dmg buff, finisher at 50% HP... defintly, brut tree is garbage...

Sofong
Posts: 114

Re: [Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Post#84 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:37 am

Likeaboss wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:00 am
Sofong wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:53 am
players almost always stay on sav stance(i know i do), have no benefit from piercing bite, still a bit underperforming, and for brut, the tree no one use, prolly need to redesign the whole tree,
1. So, what you said sounds for me like: "I am not able to play with the mechanic, plz buff ma char"
Not switching stances all the time, no buff deserved.

2. 50% crit dmg tactic, 25% dmg buff, finisher at 50% HP... defintly, brut tree is garbage...
i didnt say brut is garbage it just dosent work as a main tree. TB is not about switching stance at all, it has no stance restriction. what makes u think mara dont switch stances? after playing a sw to 80 years ago i have zero problem switching stances, but for me i spec scything talons so i prefer to stay on sav for the extra ini, i found it better than switcing to monstro all the time to survive. mara switch to brut for guillotine so what does it proof? u still stay on sav most of the time, like monstro mara will stay on monstro most of the time and theres other finisher at 50% HP that have no stance restriction at all. since u brought up finisher sw fell the weak in the main range tree works perfectly fine with a EE spam build but mara finisher has to be in the sub tree already a disadventage.

User avatar
Nefarian78
Posts: 396

Re: [Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Post#85 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:48 am

Grock wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:43 am
What you are saying here is: "Now that both of the introduced changes seem to be bugged its time to go and make more changes!"

And what is that mythical 50% heal buff that you keep referring to?
Wave of Terror might be bugged, but even when fixed it's not going to do anything whatsoever. Fights don't last long at all, at best it's going to be used once or twice and change nothing. BWs will get to m2 maybe 3/4s later.

I've never implied the morale stop is bugged. It's just trash.

What you think is the 50% healbuff? Blessing of Grungni and Focused Mending. Focused Mending changes Stay Focused! tooltip and Blessings of Grungni applies a buff on target causing both to stack. It's the same with Crimson Death and Deeply Impaled.
Vorak - Capulet

User avatar
Arbich
Posts: 608

Re: [Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Post#86 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:52 am

It's a 40% healbuff... I that's why many were confused
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

User avatar
Nefarian78
Posts: 396

Re: [Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Post#87 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:20 am

Arbich wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:52 am
It's a 40% healbuff... I that's why many were confused
Yes, apparently i misremembered Focused Mending's value. Still, the point stands. Since DoK nerf there's no counter to it on Destro, and giving Brutality Maras that would help tremendously in moving Brutality out of the meme-tier it currently is in.
Vorak - Capulet

User avatar
Likeaboss
Posts: 111

Re: [Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Post#88 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:36 am

Sofong wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:37 am
sw fell the weak in the main range tree works perfectly fine with a EE spam build but mara finisher has to be in the sub tree already a disadventage.
Fell the weak is stance bound, SH' finish 'em off is not. So there is a disadventage as well...
But therefor Mara finisher is stance bound and WL one not.

need to see the whole picture, there are no mirror classes.

For most people it is stressfull to switch stances, so they stay in one... mostly mostro, some in Savagery.
And this are the Players who call Marauder underperforming. If you gonna change Marauder in a way that a Savagey only Marauder can do good work, then the good Marauders which switch stances will slaughter Order :lol:
I'd be happy about that for my Marauder. But people kind of forget that Marauder is a debuff class. And not a burst like WL ;)

Ads
Sofong
Posts: 114

Re: [Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Post#89 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:05 pm

Likeaboss wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:36 am
Sofong wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:37 am
sw fell the weak in the main range tree works perfectly fine with a EE spam build but mara finisher has to be in the sub tree already a disadventage.
Fell the weak is stance bound, SH' finish 'em off is not. So there is a disadventage as well...
But therefor Mara finisher is stance bound and WL one not.

need to see the whole picture, there are no mirror classes.

For most people it is stressfull to switch stances, so they stay in one... mostly mostro, some in Savagery.
And this are the Players who call Marauder underperforming. If you gonna change Marauder in a way that a Savagey only Marauder can do good work, then the good Marauders which switch stances will slaughter Order :lol:
I'd be happy about that for my Marauder. But people kind of forget that Marauder is a debuff class. And not a burst like WL ;)
well im not sure where this going, like i said my idea of TB value change has nothing to do with stances, and mara stances mechanic have its own problems like if u use one of the stance bound tactic 100ws/str/toughness 100ini, u switch stance u lose the tactic at once, and buff like monstro self heal no longer last through switchiing stances, not that ppl r NOT ABLE to but becos theres no point doing so, sav is the tree for small scale since forever ppl switch to brut for finisher monstro for some extra defense thats about it, if u switch to brut/monstro for long enough, u will do very little dps.

User avatar
M0rw47h
Posts: 304

Re: [Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Post#90 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:14 pm

The best possible fix for Marauder would be reworking Scything Talons, Corrupted Edge and Hulking Brute into 10s or even 15s buffs triggering upon entering required mutation, rather than remaining in it, so people playing class correctly wouldn't be punished for not staying in single stance for entire life...
Anathae [KotBS] / Anathea [WP] ( and couple others )
former Anathae [Zealot]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest