Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
wachlarz

Re: [Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Post#41 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:57 pm

Grock wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:35 pm
wachlarz wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:09 pm
Grock wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:22 pm
Yes, obviously. Its just scaling, not even mentioning base/rank damage part.

We get damage mehanic with defensive trade-offs on top, mara gets armor pen immunity and nice self-heal, i think its fair.
A tactic to change monstro proc into some form dps boost would be interesting though, what you think?
Rly ? So who will ever play sava or brut ?
Those are both single-target(well, except 1 ability) and their procs are already damage-oriented.
My point was that, most solo mara play monstro. U see any sava/brut movie ? So its monstro that should be for wb play ppl use for solo ganking. U see any WL solo ganking in aoe left tree ? U win fights in monstro not from dmg but survi of proc heal.

Ads
Grock

Post#42 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:08 pm

wachlarz wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:57 pm My point was that, most solo mara play monstro. U see any sava/brut movie ? So its monstro that should be for wb play ppl use for solo ganking. U see any WL solo ganking in aoe left tree ? U win fights in monstro not from dmg but survi of proc heal.
Witch Elf can use all 3 trees for solo, including some cheesy full defence/regen builds (but of course without aoe tactic)

The reason why monstro is so popular for solo roam is because its proc is ridiculously strong vs any physical damage dealer, and the healing part is very strong too.

The real problem is that two other procs are kinda underwhelming. Im not sure if there were any changes recently though
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Wiede

Post#43 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:41 pm

Stances should linger for 5seconds after changing them to promote stance switching and their procs should work with all attacks... Same for SW too...

Ofc that would need a few balance changes but not that much i think.

wildwindblows

Post#44 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:21 pm

Mara still weak compared to msw and wl. After all those nerfs these buffs are not enough.

zachary

Post#45 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:41 pm

Creds: I've got a 57ish Marauder that I've built over the past couple months.

I've mostly run a monstro/brutality build for wb play.

Losing morale drain makes me mostly useless to a wb. My damage is so-so, monstro gives me a _little_ bit of survivability so long as I'm not focused down by ranged - what earns my spot is that during funnels I swing wide and keep morale bombs' from destroying us. That's now just plain gone.

'Morale stop' is only useful it can be applied before/while morale is generated, which is impossible from the other end of a funnel.It would also need to be reapplied every 5s for it to be anywhere near useful, which is impractical to say the least. We could go up brutality to get Wave of Terror, but then we lose Wrecking Ball and our AoE damage takes (not all that much to start with) takes a hit.

If the Morale Drain was the problem (and I can't but believe that it is, and the damage increase is a sop to cushion the blow), why not drop the frequency (down from 25%) or the amount (down from 225) instead? Maras were a 'meta-wb needs one or two' kind of class anyway. Now they're a 'meta-wb needs zero' class b/c they can't bring enough to the table to be useful. Better to fill their slot with an extra healer or two to help survive morale bombs *and* still be otherwise useful.
Xand*r*nius is still trying to Learn To Play

Timmitz

Post#46 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:26 pm

The mara has been rendered useless in wb play now. put everything back please.
Tweaking the morale drain by about 30% might have been needed but fecking it up like this goes way too far. Order has the raw dps and heal output and morale advantage now.
Timmitz (BO) Pestilentius (Chosen) Chronik (Marauder) Falaria (DoK) Poostainz (Shaman) Eadcheeze (SH) Shroomdeth (Choppa) Geriatricus (WP) Aleguts (Engi) Burnsie (BW)

wildwindblows

Post#47 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:37 pm

Debuff mara nerfed, morale drain mara nerfed.. What is next?
Edit: pull nerfed too :O

VkdswWH

Post#48 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:39 am

wildwindblows wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:37 pm What is next?
Ap drain mara will be next)
ap drain with disorent
ap drain Marauder
Vicgrim - magus
Vicgrimm - marauder

Ads
vfiorello

Post#49 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:40 am

That’s sad to read that Marauder are even more useless now. I hope the dev are following closely that post and taking into consideration community feedback.

Are we saying that we are fine with just a pure roll back to the situation before the patch or should we push the change even more in the direction they took to make him playable ?

I’m glad to see though that devs are trying some move to improve the situation. Let’s find the Best move together! :)

PS: This makes me wonder also. Is there any test server where the devs are testing the changes or all rework on classes are tested live ?

Dajciekrwi

Post#50 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:52 am

This changes on marauder are best from long time!!!
Now Old Poor Uncle Idaj is kickin like mule. YIIIIHAA!
Very good job Dear Devs !