Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
R3xz

[Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Post#1 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:24 am

Marauder changes have been applied on the server. They will be applied to tooltips following a client patch later this week.

The following Marauder abilities have been adjusted:
Spoiler:
Thunderous Blow: PSM 1.5 -> 1.65
Cutting Claw: PSM 1.5 -> 1.65
Draining Swipe: PSM 0.75 -> 0.95
Gut Ripper: PSM 1.5 -> 1.65
Tainted Claw: PSM 1.5 -> 1.65
Corruption: PSM 1.5 -> 1.65
Rend: PSM 1.5 -> 1.65
Pulverize: PSM 1.5 -> 1.65
Convulsive Slashing: PSM 0.6 -> 0.7
Impale: PSM 1.5 -> 1.7
Debilitate: PSM 1.5 -> 1.65
Unstable Convulsions: PSM 0.6 -> 0.7
Wave of Terror: PSM 0.75 -> 1.75, drains morale instead of stopping it
Crushing Blows: Reduced Chance to proc off melee attacks to 10%, morale stopper added (and actually works lol)
Concussive Jolt: PSM 0.86 -> 1.25
Wrecking Ball: PSM 0.22 -> 0.33
Wave of Mutilation: PSM 0.38 -> 0.55
Flail: PSM 0.75 -> 1.0
Demolition: PSM 0.86 -> 1.13
Mutated Energy: PSM 1.5 -> 1.65
Mouth of Tzeentch: PSM 0.75 -> 1.0
Gift of Savagery (8394): PSM 1.5 -> 1.65
So, just wanted to hear some opinions of marauder mains on this new change to marauder. I say change and not just buff because while there is a blanket damage buff on a lot of skills, there is a distinct change to morale drain on marauder.

So far I've gotten some good receptions, some who are indifferent, and some very negative ones from players. The question is, is the damage increase to marauder worth the change to how morale drain used to be?

If you are confused about this, basically, the morale drain effect used to be on the tactic Crushing Blows: 25% chance on hit to drain 225 morale (while in monstro). The change make it so that now Crushing Blows has a 10% chance on hit to stop enemy from gaining morale (either from natural gain or from skills) for 5s. The 225 morale drain is then swapped over to Wave of Terror, a mastery skill that is higher up on the Brutality tree (a tree that isn't useful for aoe marauders).

I would like to hear all your inputs, pls keep the discussion civil!
Last edited by R3xz on Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: [Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Post#2 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:36 am

I dont want to be that guy. But from a order vs destro pov im glad destro has one fewer of those drains. The scalings seem a very agressive approach to buff mara but i have yet to see how they will tear me apart after this patch :)
edit to make it more clear: i hope i will see less draining because less maras skill it.

R3xz

Post#3 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:47 am

I would assume some of the negative feedbacks was due to Mara only picked in meta WB compositions just simply because of the strong morale drain. But now that is probably no longer the case, people are wondering if mara is still worth the dps slot, even with the damage buff. It's too early to tell probably, but if anything this topic is to serve as an anchor point for ongoing feedbacks.

@saupreusse maybe you'll still encounter drain in SC, I don't have any experience playing mara in SC though so I can't tell if Brut tree get utilized in that. :D

Bozzax

Post#4 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:03 am

Why do I get the feeling order M2 bomb one trick setup has pushed this change.

Waaaaaaaaah we cant build M2 in city rvr skirm
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

wachlarz

Post#5 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:19 am

What is PSM ?

Grock

Post#6 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:40 am

I'm a bit concerned about 50% increase on Wrecking Ball and 233% increase on Wave of Terror, those two are going to hurt a lot now, especially considering Marauders can use 50% crit damage tactic and 50% armor penetration tactic together.

I have a feeling dps marauders could make Choppas irrelevant after this change.
If that happens, then Bright Wizard meta will become even stronger, because Monstro proc makes Maras completely immune to armor penetration, turning Slayer damage output into a joke

R3xz wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:24 amThe question is, is the damage increase to marauder worth the change to how morale drain used to be?
I believe those are two indepedent changes, not connected to each other.

wachlarz wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:19 am What is PSM ?
"Primary Stat Modifier", essentially how much of your "Melee DPS" stat is added to ability damage.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Bozzax

Post#7 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:48 am

What made you think they are indipendent? Changes being done on multiple classes or made in multiple patches?
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

M0rw47h

Post#8 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:49 am

I find it silly, that morale drain nerf was compensated sooo much, while nerf to healing debuff on dps Zealot/RP wasn't compensated to spec in any way...

Ads
Grock

Post#9 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:16 am

Bozzax wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:48 am What made you think they are indipendent? Changes being done on multiple classes or made in multiple patches?
The fact that both issues were discussed separately for years before.

One is an issue of faction balance on warband level
Another is an issue of class internal balance and spec diversity
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Jildaz

Post#10 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:19 am

I dont understand why buffing AOE spec which is really ridiculous already, wasting all the potential of a maurauder and turning him into a 3 buttontard spec.

Please increase the Burst of Savagery and brutality spec and stop this Aoe zerg meta. Even in ST mara pref to spec the Aoe Tree because its better than the ST spec... its non sense, There is Maybe 2 or 3 marauders playing the class how it is supposed to be played with switching stance with a decent skill cap..
Gwelthas : WL 86 The Eternal Host
Gwelthaz : IB 86 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Gweltaz : SL 83 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Ashitakah : SW 82 The Eternal Host

Gwelth : marauder 80
Gwelt : BG 81