Recent Topics

Ads

(Marauder) MDPS reflect build question. Best riposte class?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Stonks

(Marauder) MDPS reflect build question. Best riposte class?

Post#1 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:03 am

Ive been looking to make a character with a higher defence reflect type build.
so far all the only abilities i can find are riposte(mdps), backlash(chaos), and shield of the sun/banshield (kotbs/chosen)
ive seen slayers with high parry chance riposte builds do really good, but im curious which class/spec would be best.

Looking at Marauder im wondering if this build can compare anywhere close?
I know marauders dont have the dmg of slayers, but i wonder how they perform with the extra survivablity from the warped flesh and close combat tactics, combined with monstrosity heals/aoe/surivivability.

i know riposte is unpreventable, but maybe backlash isnt as good being a dot and all?
if this is complete crap, then which mdps class do you think has the best riposte build?

also not opposed to playing chosen/kotbs if they have a worthwhile dmg reflect build.
i play mostly solo.

edit:spelling

Ads
wildwindblows

Re: (Marauder) MDPS reflect build question. Best riposte class?

Post#2 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:13 am

Marauder damage still low (i mean very low) compared to wl and msw. Best marauder damage build is sav/brut and this build has no cc so you can't play solo. Msw and wl can easly assassinate ppl with their kd and brust abilities. Although mara have been "buffed" (another straight nerf to morale drain after debuff and pull nerf) it would be good if you pick another class. Thanks to these adjustments, mara is not viable for 6 man and wb play now. If you want to play rispote you can play w.e or choppa on destro side or you can play slayer or wh on order side. Mara always be the abandoned class of this game and nobody cares.

Stonks

Post#3 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:21 am

Awesome thanks for the input.
so the real question is, are there any good reflect based dmg builds? or like passive based dmg return?

choppa/WE/WL riposte builds? or does KOTBS/Chosen dmg reflect worth anything?

Sofong

Post#4 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:36 am

investment in parry is wasted as long as facing a slayer

Grock

Post#5 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:04 am

Slayer/Choppa Riposte build is strong because Riposte scales with Rage dmg bonus and also procs Reckless gamble.

Witch Elf one should be solid as well cuz they have extra 10% parry tactic, and unless it was fixed recently Riposte can proc their Witchbrew and Kisses, causing even bigger damage spikes than slayer/choppa can do.

Marauder's advantage is that Monstro proc with some armor stacking makes them very tough against physical damage, they can survive/sustain fora very long time, and it kinda works well together with riposte/backlash builds. Make sure you have some parry strikethrough in your gear since the proc doesn't work on parried attacks.

While Slayer's Rampage of course counters riposte builds, there are still things you can do to outplay it, but im not gonna tell you how :lol:

Generally though defensive Riposte builds are very un-fun to play against, require very little skill and are despised by everyone else

wildwindblows wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:13 am Marauder damage still low (i mean very low) compared to wl and msw. Best marauder damage build is sav/brut and this build has no cc so you can't play solo. Msw and wl can easly assassinate ppl with their kd and brust abilities. Although mara have been "buffed" (another straight nerf to morale drain after debuff and pull nerf) it would be good if you pick another class. Thanks to these adjustments, mara is not viable for 6 man and wb play now. If you want to play rispote you can play w.e or choppa on destro side or you can play slayer or wh on order side. Mara always be the abandoned class of this game and nobody cares.
you kinda missed the topic though
Last edited by Grock on Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Smellybelly

Post#6 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:04 am

Well this guy played a defensive mara and a reflect knight, however knight was since somewhat nerfed and gear has progressed a lot since then so i dont know how well it works now. Mara : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnfdDronlTg
And knight : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTRLxl-NDoc

For my own part i have played chosen and knight (and mara) and i think knight has a lot more tricks up his sleeve for group buffs while chosen is braindead but a bit stronger by himself. I did quite a lot of solo roaming on my chosen (swaggaton) but it was back when conq set was endgame.

Jastojan

Post#7 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:08 am

Hello.

The tactics you chose will make your mara harder to kill but it will be just a longer way to die because you will miss dmg (but I will try this biuld for fun). I have 61 Mara I cant imagine this build with these tacts you posted because even with FULL DMG tactics the dmg is poor - if we talk about monstro build (but other builds are not good for solo because they lack of survivability and the burst is not high enough if you are not 70+RR or more). Tactics I used to use are "piercing bite", "hulking brute","brute force" and "growing instability" and even with these tactics it is "so so" after latest buff to feel like you can deal some dmg (to be honest, my dps zealot can deal equal dmg - in inv, vanq eq... still poor dmg). When going solo I try to go for toughness (+full dominator set) same tactics (sometimes I use warped flesh), but it is like being a big wooden stick thrown in the battlefield - noone cares about you because you are tough but you cant kill. You could fight long, but in this game TIME is the key, because you dont have time for long solo battles because you could be wrecked by zerg or other incoming opponents. In short, it does not worth to make your death last even longer. Higher burst is better due very low chance you could fight for long time (duels or smallscale). But who knows, maybe it will work good :) Maybe we could scrifice one dmg tactic after the latest buff.

AND for those who think the "gift of monstrosity" is a thing. It is becoming less and less effective due the new stronger sets of eq - sov and warlord - and opponents are getting stronger and stronger and your "gift" is still the same. One day "the gift of monstrosit" will become meaningless.

wildwindblows

Post#8 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:32 pm

As a main mara player I can say that, It is too hard to trigger monstro proc in 1v1 and also 200 restoration is not eonugh. Also, you anytimer will be flail and this skill hits around 100-200 to enemy. It is your choice, I just share my experiences. IMO, don't spent time on mara.

Ads
Stonks

Post#9 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:06 pm

Grock wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:04 am Slayer/Choppa Riposte build is strong because Riposte scales with Rage dmg bonus and also procs Reckless gamble.

Witch Elf one should be solid as well cuz they have extra 10% parry tactic, and unless it was fixed recently Riposte can proc their Witchbrew and Kisses, causing even bigger damage spikes than slayer/choppa can do.

Marauder's advantage is that Monstro proc with some armor stacking makes them very tough against physical damage, they can survive/sustain fora very long time, and it kinda works well together with riposte/backlash builds. Make sure you have some parry strikethrough in your gear since the proc doesn't work on parried attacks.

While Slayer's Rampage of course counters riposte builds, there are still things you can do to outplay it, but im not gonna tell you how :lol:

Generally though defensive Riposte builds are very un-fun to play against, require very little skill and are despised by everyone else

wildwindblows wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:13 am Marauder damage still low (i mean very low) compared to wl and msw. Best marauder damage build is sav/brut and this build has no cc so you can't play solo. Msw and wl can easly assassinate ppl with their kd and brust abilities. Although mara have been "buffed" (another straight nerf to morale drain after debuff and pull nerf) it would be good if you pick another class. Thanks to these adjustments, mara is not viable for 6 man and wb play now. If you want to play rispote you can play w.e or choppa on destro side or you can play slayer or wh on order side. Mara always be the abandoned class of this game and nobody cares.
you kinda missed the topic though
sick man, this is the exact info im looking for. why the choppa/slayer builds were better etc. i think im gonna go witchelf for brew procs etc. appreciate the info

geezereur

Post#10 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:13 pm

Smellybelly wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:04 am Well this guy played a defensive mara and a reflect knight, however knight was since somewhat nerfed and gear has progressed a lot since then so i dont know how well it works now. Mara : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnfdDronlTg
And knight : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTRLxl-NDoc

For my own part i have played chosen and knight (and mara) and i think knight has a lot more tricks up his sleeve for group buffs while chosen is braindead but a bit stronger by himself. I did quite a lot of solo roaming on my chosen (swaggaton) but it was back when conq set was endgame.
Knights reflect build was nerfed some time ago dont know how good it is atm.