Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] aoe dot damage issue after 15/04 patch?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
dshdf

[Magus] aoe dot damage issue after 15/04 patch?

Post#1 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:05 pm

it seems that pandemonium and glean magic do significantly less damage after todays patch (probably about 500 less dmg over duration unbuffed). Sadly i dont remember any prepatch numbers clearly

current tooltips with ~220 damage bonus for the reference (they are match with actual damage) https://imgur.com/a/LMkYrKy
can any magus confirm that or im mistaken?

Ads
Przepraszam

Re: [Magus] aoe dot damage issue after 15/04 patch?

Post#2 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:13 pm

Have the same tooltips on both of them, that doesnt change the fact that magus needs buffs...
Billpullman Blips
Millivanilli Karvosky

Starx

Post#3 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:09 pm

Przepraszam wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:13 pm Have the same tooltips on both of them, that doesnt change the fact that magus needs buffs...
buffing magus/engineer is going to be hard. You cant really just keep slapping more dmg on them without turning them into sorcs but better (ya I know bw's exist :^) ).

Right now magus brings kinda **** for utility tbh. You got a spirit debuff which is nice if you are stacking a bunch of sorcs, however destro comps unlike order run more than 2 classes usually so that gets watered down. 5 sec stagger is cool, but destro has marauders and more times than not you are just **** over mara guaranteed stun unless you use the stagger w/ 300iq every time sparingly. You have a defensive AoE KD immunities permitting. And a 9 person 10 AP per second dispenser that no one really cares about enough to make you run the tactic bc zealot rituals and AP pots exist and order doesnt have the AP drain destro has. And if you warband really want to play around it you have pull but you give up the ability to aoe punt to relieve pressure ever and you have to give free immunities constantly to enemy tanks so your magus doesn't pull them in, and if the other team is just deathballing that pull does absolutely nothing.

Monstro marauder is quite literally just a better magus, more damage, more single target potential in said spec, WAY more tanky, more actually good utility like an offensive KD, way better intterupt, anti morale/ap tools, ws/ini debuff...

IDK if im crazy here but magus should probably have the most utility of any destro class while dealing less damage than raw damage dealers like sorc but that's just not the case right now.

To answer the OP i dont think the dot damage is significantly lower however the devs might of undone a patch where dots were finally scaling with points spent in mastery trees (rumors) which might explain the loss of like 10-20% dmg/tooltips.

xanderous

Post#4 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:23 pm

i mean its not like magus and engie have to have full stacks from a pet/turret that will instantly die from slightest bit of aoe damage to even be close to the damage a bw or sorc can do without such mechanic.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

geezereur

Post#5 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:10 am

A loner tactic for magus and engineer would be nice since our pets die so fast in combat, the long range pet is kinda ok but the other 2 are not.

Starx

Post#6 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:34 pm

geezereur wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:10 am A loner tactic for magus and engineer would be nice since our pets die so fast in combat, the long range pet is kinda ok but the other 2 are not.
The class is built on this mechanic, and we are already tactic starved as it is. Also the long range pet is absolutely worthless in an organized setting, its a 1v1/small scale thing. You want to be running flamer almost all the time, you should have a guard and 2 good healers, not to mention if you actually want to use half your AoE abilities you need to be in melee range anyways.

Id rather just see turrets/demons get the treatment WL pets got.

Malis8912

Post#7 » Sat May 09, 2020 8:07 am

Mist is broken as well and can't critically hit, also the damage it's doing now is horrendous; phase 3 mist went from critting around 1k to doing a flat 126 damage.

Frisky

Post#8 » Sat May 09, 2020 6:11 pm

I have noticed critical hits from Mist and other attacks have diminished. Storm seems to still hit pretty hard.

I assumed something changed. This is all circumstantial, but I was thinking the same thing.
RR 75 Magus

Ads
Omegus

Post#9 » Sat May 09, 2020 6:13 pm

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/16586 is the bug for Magus mist. Please add whatever info/evidence you can to it.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

wraithghost

Post#10 » Sat May 09, 2020 7:56 pm

I guess this with the fact blasting shots is now pretty rubbish and it doesn't stack makes napalm pretty crap. One way to lower the engi pop I guess.

The side effect is, it makes crit a lot less important as ranged power would be more useful but then we cant stack ranged power sooo....