Recent Topics

Ads

[Mara] Looking for Mara tips

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Drunkstains
Posts: 17

[Mara] Looking for Mara tips

Post#1 » Fri May 08, 2020 12:10 am

Hey all. I just came back to this game recently and going to give the mara a go to play with some buds. Im just looking to sort out all these moves. Im a bit of a dummy, so all help appreciated. To give you perspective, I mostly plan on solo/duo/small group action. Ill do cities, but only for the actual loot I dont really care about ranked style of it.

Im looking for some advice on how to play this toon effectively.

Monstrosity stance heal proc seems pretty strong. How do you aim to balance weaving that in vs your single target damage? When you are dueling, are you mostly staying monstro to keep the heal up?

When im grouping and not getting focused the priority Ive been trying to follow is:
Wounds debuff > Armor debuff > Heal debuff > Brutality > Guillotine when available > Pulverize > Spam impale until Debuffs gone. Does this sound about right?

I was planning on running this build at 60:
RoR.builders - Marauder

Any advice would be great thanks all!

Ads
User avatar
Schett
Posts: 15

Re: [Mara] Looking for Mara tips

Post#2 » Sat May 09, 2020 11:43 am

You want to be in monstro whenever you notice that your heals are struggling to keep you alive. Otherwise you stay in sav/brute to keep a high pressure on them.

In 1v1 you want to stay in monstro mostly, you can swap stance right when you get a monstro proc, since you have 5sec of monstro proc and stance cd. And keep the dmg whenever they use a melee ability up when 1v1'ing mdps/tanks.

For dmg rotation in grp this is what I do.

Heal Debuff > Armor Debuff > Draining Swipes > Wound Debuff > Heal Debuff again > SWAP Brute > Pulverize > Guillotine if possible > Convulsive Slashing* > Impale as filler until stance CD rdy to do Sav rotation again or Guillotine if possible

* Convulsive Slashing is your highest dps ability, but you want to time it between your auto attack cd. So you do Slashing right when you auto attack and then you will get brute proc + auto attack right after slashing is done, so it's a good burst. So you want to use Bloodlord weapon in main hand for slow attack speed. This is one of the hardest things to do to stay effective. So practise it and get a swingtimer addon and you will see a dmg increase.

If you're playing with 2nd dps with a heal debuff, you could replace the tactic with deeply impaled so everyone hitting the target get 10% crit. And then you want to open with impale and do imaple as first thing when you swap to brute.
Also if you're playing with another class with wound debuff and dps with heal debuff, you want to spec like this to optimize your dmg, but way harder to play Brute Build

Then your rotation will be a bit different but way more dmg.
Open Impale (crit debuff) > SWAP Sav > Armor Debuff > Draining Swipes > x2 Rend > SWAP Brute > Impale(depending on timer on debuff) > Pulverize > Convulsive Slashing > Guillotine if possible > Rend > Wave of Terror > SWAP Sav for rotation.
This build is a lot harder to play and rotation is not set in stone, it all depends on debuff timers and cd's. When I play this spec I keep a priority list in my head.

In Sav priority
1. 3 Rend stacks
2. Armor Debuff
3. Toughness Debuff (if no other debuff in grp)
4. Draining Swipes
5. Gut Ripper if possible
While waiting on brute stance cd, use these as filler
5. Heal debuff (decent dmg and more debuffs to be cleansed)
6. Touch of Rot

In Brute priority
1. 3 Rend stacks
2. Imaple crit debuff
3. Pulverize for debuff (if there's already a parry debuff this will go to 4nd place priority)
4. Slashing
5. Guillotine
6. Wave of Terror
While waiting on Sav stance cd
7. Imaple

And if you're playing with x2 mara, you both want different build, but it's to much to type :D
Schett - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: TUP / Deep and Dry - Order ----- The Unlikely Plan - Destruction

PintOfAle
Posts: 6

Re: [Mara] Looking for Mara tips

Post#3 » Fri May 22, 2020 6:20 pm

Schett wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:43 am
swingtimer addon
Hello. Can't find swingtimer like 1 hr already. Can you link it please? Thank you.

User avatar
wachlarz
Posts: 447

Re: [Mara] Looking for Mara tips

Post#4 » Fri May 22, 2020 6:33 pm

"In Brute priority
1. 3 Rend stacks"

^^
THIS

User avatar
wachlarz
Posts: 447

Re: [Mara] Looking for Mara tips

Post#5 » Fri May 22, 2020 6:37 pm

Rend skill dont be only in sava usable ?

Foofmonger
Posts: 517

Re: [Mara] Looking for Mara tips

Post#6 » Fri May 22, 2020 7:24 pm

wachlarz wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:37 pm
Rend skill dont be only in sava usable ?
You can use Rend in both Sav and Brut.

User avatar
wildwindblows
Posts: 198

Re: [Mara] Looking for Mara tips

Post#7 » Sun May 24, 2020 11:01 am

Schett wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:43 am

* Convulsive Slashing is your highest dps ability, but you want to time it between your auto attack cd. So you do Slashing right when you auto attack and then you will get brute proc + auto attack right after slashing is done, so it's a good burst. So you want to use Bloodlord weapon in main hand for slow attack speed. This is one of the hardest things to do to stay effective. So practise it and get a swingtimer addon and you will see a dmg increase.
Conculsive slashing is not the highest dps ability and no need to use Touch of Rot. I agree rest of them. Mara is support class and has no brust. Brut stance doesn't works properly and savagery nerfed so hard (tb and pb).

User avatar
Schett
Posts: 15

Re: [Mara] Looking for Mara tips

Post#8 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:23 pm

PintOfAle wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:20 pm
Schett wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:43 am
swingtimer addon
Hello. Can't find swingtimer like 1 hr already. Can you link it please? Thank you.
Here is the swing timer addon viewtopic.php?f=66&t=22852
wildwindblows wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:01 am
Schett wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:43 am

* Convulsive Slashing is your highest dps ability, but you want to time it between your auto attack cd. So you do Slashing right when you auto attack and then you will get brute proc + auto attack right after slashing is done, so it's a good burst. So you want to use Bloodlord weapon in main hand for slow attack speed. This is one of the hardest things to do to stay effective. So practise it and get a swingtimer addon and you will see a dmg increase.
Conculsive slashing is not the highest dps ability and no need to use Touch of Rot. I agree rest of them. Mara is support class and has no brust. Brut stance doesn't works properly and savagery nerfed so hard (tb and pb).
Slashing is your highest dps ability, I'm in full bis and slashing crit between 640-695 (average 667) on target dummy. Every hit, you do 3 hits with slashing in 1.5sec (gcd). So that's 667*3=2001, so that's 2001 dmg in same time that you would do any other ability.
Pulverize is around 1450 crit
Guillotine is around 1665 crit
Impale is around 1270 crit

So yes Slashing is highest dps :)

And I don't agree that mara is a support class, mara is a high dps class, you have some burst but not the same, but you have the highest ST and aoe dps on destro atm. And neither of those specs I'm specced Sav, brutality give you so much more dmg

That's based on the dmg done on bosses in pve in different dungeons and grp setups with different people. Premade in sc's and guild wb play both city and rvr.
Schett - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: TUP / Deep and Dry - Order ----- The Unlikely Plan - Destruction

Ads
Foofmonger
Posts: 517

Re: [Mara] Looking for Mara tips

Post#9 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:30 pm

Schett is correct about convulsive slashing. Even just looking at the tooltip and adding it up will show anyone at any level that it does the most burst DPS of any Mara skill on a ST.

On the other hand, the barbs are as a whole pretty worthless later on as they don't scale with PSM (touch of rot, instability, etc..). I will occasionally use them in 1v1s though for various reasons.

User avatar
wildwindblows
Posts: 198

Re: [Mara] Looking for Mara tips

Post#10 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:44 pm

Schett wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:23 pm
PintOfAle wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:20 pm
Schett wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:43 am
swingtimer addon
Hello. Can't find swingtimer like 1 hr already. Can you link it please? Thank you.
Here is the swing timer addon viewtopic.php?f=66&t=22852
wildwindblows wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:01 am
Schett wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:43 am

* Convulsive Slashing is your highest dps ability, but you want to time it between your auto attack cd. So you do Slashing right when you auto attack and then you will get brute proc + auto attack right after slashing is done, so it's a good burst. So you want to use Bloodlord weapon in main hand for slow attack speed. This is one of the hardest things to do to stay effective. So practise it and get a swingtimer addon and you will see a dmg increase.
Conculsive slashing is not the highest dps ability and no need to use Touch of Rot. I agree rest of them. Mara is support class and has no brust. Brut stance doesn't works properly and savagery nerfed so hard (tb and pb).
Slashing is your highest dps ability, I'm in full bis and slashing crit between 640-695 (average 667) on target dummy. Every hit, you do 3 hits with slashing in 1.5sec (gcd). So that's 667*3=2001, so that's 2001 dmg in same time that you would do any other ability.
Pulverize is around 1450 crit
Guillotine is around 1665 crit
Impale is around 1270 crit

So yes Slashing is highest dps :)

And I don't agree that mara is a support class, mara is a high dps class, you have some burst but not the same, but you have the highest ST and aoe dps on destro atm. And neither of those specs I'm specced Sav, brutality give you so much more dmg

That's based on the dmg done on bosses in pve in different dungeons and grp setups with different people. Premade in sc's and guild wb play both city and rvr.
I think you are talking about full brut stance. Because Draining Swipe is the highest dps ability for sav/brut and hits almost like guillotine.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests