[Magus] Useless in end game content?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Nosun

Re: [Magus] Useless in end game content?

Post#41 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:44 am

I don't play my Magus even though i like the class but like everyone has said it terrible under performs compared to every other destro class. Only time i really find my Magus to be fun is either rifting or AOE funneling in keeps or forts other than that is total garbage.

Ads
soulbog

Post#42 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:10 am

the state of the game for magus is, respeck or play something else..
i just finish lvl a magus to 40 , and it was the must stupid idea i have in ages.. its ok you lvl up fast 1-40 you deal high dmg in sc, but after you hit 40 its just down hill from there,your skills don't hit almost at all with the amount of high disrupt.. in melee train, no one ever wants you ... just look the chat they want mara soc ,bo or healers, the rest are just...
the future its look full tanks of bo and healers.. melee server . if the tanks could heal themself you would not even need healers in party , because they dmg more then most of dps class.

carthagerising

Post#43 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:02 pm

just wanted to say that magus have become much more popular now in the decent premades. We plan to use 2 at some point to try some things but the solo magus is a highly valuable part of the team.

15% increased damage, excellent aoe, rift, damage type ...they are excellent when supported and built into a decent team. Honestly it feels like the main problem for magus in the endgame is the lack of willingness to try them, bad specs or flat out learn to play issues on the part of the magus AND the wb leads.

Their time has come and its about time.

catholicism198

Post#44 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:42 pm

The 15% increase is good against pugs, but that’s not saying much, as even auto attacks are good against pugs.
On the off chance that you’re placed against another premade, that debuff will get purged instantly, and their ae will easily be healed through, which will result in the magus becoming Nothing more than a glorified pull bot for morale dumps.

noronn

Post#45 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:02 pm

Roll magus, roll Dps shaman: profit.

carthagerising

Post#46 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:51 am

catholicism198 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:42 pm The 15% increase is good against pugs, but that’s not saying much, as even auto attacks are good against pugs.
On the off chance that you’re placed against another premade, that debuff will get purged instantly, and their ae will easily be healed through, which will result in the magus becoming Nothing more than a glorified pull bot for morale dumps.
thats not how it goes though. The 15% does get through and does make a difference, not to mention the fact that stage 2 and 3 has pve elements where that boost is massive. Sure it may get cleansed but if its up for a couple of seconds it can mean death for the target if your st group is doing what its sposed to do. Premade vs premade the magus has been a valuable tool on many occasions. Any single class aoe pressure can be overcome but combined with others builds up enough pressure to overwhelm as we have seen in many of our matches.

FMJ make use of a magus and he does incredible damage and we use one also and have good results. I wouldnt mind the traash talk about them as it means the ones who do push through are more open to recruitment but the amount of trash talk has seen a severe limit on the number of magus running around...and at this point that is bad for the faction as a whole.

that second magus by the way is a freshly leveled character, in 2 conq, beastlord with some basic pve staff. rocking 6k hp. Magus can and do work in end game.

catholicism198

Post#47 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:38 pm

carthagerising wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:51 am
catholicism198 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:42 pm The 15% increase is good against pugs, but that’s not saying much, as even auto attacks are good against pugs.
thats not how it goes though. The 15% does get through and does make a difference, not to mention the fact that stage 2 and 3 has pve elements where that boost is massive. Sure it may get cleansed but if its up for a couple of seconds it can mean death for the target if your st group is doing what its sposed to do. Premade vs premade the magus has been a valuable tool on many occasions. Any single class aoe pressure can be overcome but combined with others builds up enough pressure to overwhelm as we have seen in many of our matches.

FMJ make use of a magus and he does incredible damage and we use one also and have good results. I wouldnt mind the traash talk about them as it means the ones who do push through are more open to recruitment but the amount of trash talk has seen a severe limit on the number of magus running around...and at this point that is bad for the faction as a whole.

that second magus by the way is a freshly leveled character, in 2 conq, beastlord with some basic pve staff. rocking 6k hp. Magus can and do work in end game.
I remember seeing zealot and rps top damage charts in SCs, but that didn’t mean that they did any significant damage.

Sigford

Post#48 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:16 am

catholicism198 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:38 pm
carthagerising wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:51 am

I remember seeing zealot and rps top damage charts in SCs, but that didn’t mean that they did any significant damage.
All damage in cities is significant damage. At the end of the day the damage has to be healed so even all the "fluff" damage adds pressure on healers to top people off. City wise Carthage is right, magus is amazing when you put someone that knows what they're doing on it.
Dachosen - 8X Chosen
<Ere We Go> - GM
The NoBodies -Alliance

Ads
carthagerising

Post#49 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:39 am

Im reminded of a saying about leading a horse to water at this point.

Also dps RP and zealots are also a thing at the top end and are used by (if i remember correctly) LBL and NGE (at least in recent cities). Your stuck in the past man and the game has moved forward.

so called "fluff" damage has its place and enables targets to be focused who are already under pressure. Do you even premade bro?

Anyway any Magus should not believe the utter shite written about them, they are an excellent and long under appreciated class that are more than capable of holding their own in cities.

Zxul

Post#50 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:51 pm

Heh finally people are agreeing with me that pressure kills people just fine as well.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh