Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Useless in end game content?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tesq

Re: [Magus] Useless in end game content?

Post#181 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:17 am

the ideal set up are either two, 5 sov for crit + whatever combo you can stack or 6/8 warlord for the +2 in change + whatever.
the second option is the only one that allow to rift,diss mist, firestorm all in one build.

1 - first option is higer crit, no rift, left disrutp striketroght, no tactics limitation.
2 - higer disrupt striketrought, all cool skills, less crit, some tactics limitations.

both can int cap, second set up stats for reference of what you can expect.
Spoiler:
Stats (buffed)
1050 int (with magic power , total dmg bonus 237)
420 tough
430 ini
705 wounds
1053 corp res (to ignore engi/bw aoe)
1% chance to be crit
21% chance to crit
12% disrupt striketrought
216 regen hp/4 sec

key skills(all yes)
-firestorm (ranged aoe channeling)
-diss mist (aoe pot)
-chaotic rift (puuuuuuulllll)

tactic
-int tactic
-pet ap tactic
-ista summon tactic
-range increase tactic

2h weapon proc
-ap regen (clarity )
-12% speed proc

Equip:
2/8 sov -> back+jew
6/8 warlord -> rest
3/5 genesis -> frag, remn, asp

pocket:
-beastlord tome (ap group recovery speed up)
-trol mushroom (self regen)

potion
-660 armor
-5% crit + 60 int tolling bell (modificato)

Ads
mybananax

Post#182 » Tue May 10, 2022 9:27 am

What build do you guys recommend for a mist build? Im not level 40 yet, but im working my way there. I'd like something to aim for. Build/Tactics if you please!

Lion1986

Post#183 » Tue May 10, 2022 9:41 am

i recomend avoid mist and go either riftstorm OR stormbolt build for medium to long range use in aoe and ST. mist was nerfed badly, damage is pathetic at best and does not stock on other mists.

mybananax

Post#184 » Tue May 10, 2022 10:40 am

Could you perhaps show me a stormbolt build then? I do really love all the big aoe's and seeing all the numbers from mist etc tho :(.

Lion1986

Post#185 » Tue May 10, 2022 11:22 am

mybananax wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:40 am Could you perhaps show me a stormbolt build then? I do really love all the big aoe's and seeing all the numbers from mist etc tho :(.
stormbolt: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... mt=5114&t=

indigo fire of change and bolt of change to burst a single target when WB lead call for focus OR during sieges tahnks to increased range. Storm is classical for choke points and funnelings. (pand+glean+storm)
once you get more renown you can either opt for wild changing (harder aoe crits) OR fiunish in havoc with POTW (on demand disarm is op against melees) or FW for dual bombing.

mybananax

Post#186 » Tue May 10, 2022 12:47 pm

Lion1986 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:22 am
mybananax wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:40 am Could you perhaps show me a stormbolt build then? I do really love all the big aoe's and seeing all the numbers from mist etc tho :(.

indigo fire of change and bolt of change to burst a single target when WB lead call for focus OR during sieges tahnks to increased range. Storm is classical for choke points and funnelings. (pand+glean+storm)
once you get more renown you can either opt for wild changing (harder aoe crits) OR fiunish in havoc with POTW (on demand disarm is op against melees) or FW for dual bombing.
Thanks! And what tactics would you take at 40/40!

Lion1986

Post#187 » Tue May 10, 2022 1:58 pm

mybananax wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:47 pm
Lion1986 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:22 am

Thanks! And what tactics would you take at 40/40!
Reach (ofc! :D) demonic withering (for whenn you must swap ST, chaotic attunement and knowledge if not int capped OR infernal flash to avoid that pet implode in 2 aoe ticks if you are int capped

Cyrylius

Post#188 » Tue May 10, 2022 11:34 pm

I'm going to disagree here, you definitely don't need reach tactic and you should drop withering in AoE spec, won't change much in the ST scenarios i found myself in on magus. Your tactic choice for AoE is endless Pandemonium, WILD CHANGING, DEMONIC CONTRACT, chaotic attunement, endless knowledge. Caps are the must have tactics, rest i advise to have two tactic sets prepared: one with instant summon, for most situations, one stationary without it. You don't need neither reach nor toughness tactic: if sorcerers can do damage without them then you can too. I'm also not a fan of intelligence tactics, though. And about the build itself: mist, firestorm, aegis of orange fire is very strong mid range AoE build, although very situational: shines in stationary, prolonged engagements which happen very rarely. You do best damage in close range, but you can also operate from as far as 80 feet with pink horror buff. In the longer fights you rely heavily on Pandemonium stacking.
EDIT: mist was not nerfed heavily, it was not nerfed enough to make it not viable. It's instant cast AoE ticking for up to ~800 on everything in range and not stacking it is laughably easy with the obvious animation it has.
EDIT 2: you should also consider devour energy, if you find yourself running out of ap.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Ads
Qesar

Post#189 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:50 am

Hi !
Nub question here, does the carrer builder reflect the current stats of spells in terms of duration, CD and other variables please ?
Can't login for now, I'm planning to rejoin in a few weeks.

Thanks in advance and enjoy your summer !

avalus

Post#190 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:02 pm

Qesar wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:50 am Hi !
Nub question here, does the carrer builder reflect the current stats of spells in terms of duration, CD and other variables please ?
Can't login for now, I'm planning to rejoin in a few weeks.

Thanks in advance and enjoy your summer !

AFAIK, the most up-to-date Career Builder is the in-game AddOn made by Sullenmunk which you can find here, should you need it:

Warbuilder (use: type /warbuilder in chat)
Spoiler:
If you want to use it, don't forget to install/turn on its dependencies, like the LibSlash "AddOn"
Otherwise, you can use the online Career Builder, there haven't really been any major changes affecting the Magus career differentiating the in-game state from it since a long time IIRC, the last one being the addition of the Pet Heal channel skill (which is not reflected in the Career Builder, and I'm not sure is in Warbuilder in-game, since I haven't been playing RoR for a long time).

To answer your question more in-depth, the Career Builder reflects almost everything as is for Magus (tactics' durations, morales durations, skills/tactics' positions in the skilltrees, skill durations, CD). The only differences and things to note are:

- the tactics' values are scaled on a lvl 40 character (ie. the Core Endless Knowledge tactic shows +160 INT, which is the amount it gives at CR40, and is hence lower on the lower Career Ranks (= Character Level, just in case) since it scales on it)
Same thing goes for Morale values (=/= duration, which stays the same no matter what*).
- the same also goes for the skills' values, which are supposed to scale not only on Career Rank but also on your stats and on the amount of points you invested in the skilltree it pertains to, which are fixed in the Career Builder

To sum up, you can use the Career Builder for basic theorycrafting (ie. which skills can I take with X amount of CR/RR), which has the advantage of being usable while being offline but you need to keep the points above in mind, especially when trying to calculate stuff from it (it's too unreliable).
BUT I would strongly suggest to use the in-game AddOn Warbuilder, once you're able to, for in-depth theorycrafting as it's way more reliable and easier to figure stuff out since:
- Core skills/tactics & morales you haven't obtained at a certain CR(<40) are greyed out making it easier to check builds/abilities under CR40
- Core tactics & morales' values* scale correctly on CR
- Core skills' values scale correctly on CR/stats/points invested in their respective skilltree
- Skilltree skills/tactics' values scale correctly on stats/points invested
etc.

Also, you can do some cool stuff with it like popping off skills/tactics/morales in tooltips to compare them on the fly, share skills with other players having the Warbuilder AddOn, preset/load builds; it also has a pretty UI IMHO, etc.
So it's pretty much obvious how Warbuilder is superior in lots of ways to the Career Builder, but for your precise situation (being able to compare basic builds while not being in-game), the Career Builder will do its job the best it can ;)

As a general note, one shouldn't blindly trust tools like Warbuilder either, if you're not sure about something or curious as to how a certain skill/tactic works, always test it out on either the dummies, mobs or friends/guildies.
You might get surprised to learn that some skill/tactic doesn't work the way you think it did and it might change your perspective (in a better or worse way).

I hope I was clear enough in my answer and was able to help you out. Take care and have fun!

*ie. M1 Grasping Darkness deals X damage and slows by 60% for 6s, in this context: X = the "value" i'm talking about

Enraptured Doomweaver Image Chaos Sorcerer of 𝕋̳̠ͫ𝕫̫͕̥̞͂̃𝕖̴̡̠̮͙̈̏𝕖̻̭͉ͥ̉̐̀̈́𝕟̘͛͒̀̓͊ͨ𝕥̮̦̦̾̄͟𝕔̖͓̂𝕙̤ | RR83 |

Spoiler:
Retired characters :

Notsure | Carnal
Hiasakite | Heosphoros