Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Useless in end game content?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
marisco

Re: [Magus] Useless in end game content?

Post#121 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:08 pm

If they made the pet immune to aoe damage the class would be 300% better already.

Ads
kirraha

Post#122 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:09 pm

marisco wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:08 pm If they made the pet immune to aoe damage the class would be 300% better already.
Or just change it back to take AOE healing from team as it used to be. Then it was useful in wbs.
Or, maybe a specc without a pet such as WL would be made for magus and engis, then we don't even need to get our dmg deleted every 2 second after pet summoned.
Imagine if Sorcs or Bw had to loose their darkmagic all the time and be forced to build it up again but they can't since it will go back to 0 again after 2 seconds.
It makes very little sense imo to have magus and engi pet not taking Aoe heals.

xruptor

Post#123 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:26 pm

kirraha wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:09 pm
marisco wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:08 pm If they made the pet immune to aoe damage the class would be 300% better already.
Or just change it back to take AOE healing from team as it used to be. Then it was useful in wbs.
Or, maybe a specc without a pet such as WL would be made for magus and engis, then we don't even need to get our dmg deleted every 2 second after pet summoned.
Imagine if Sorcs or Bw had to loose their darkmagic all the time and be forced to build it up again but they can't since it will go back to 0 again after 2 seconds.
It makes very little sense imo to have magus and engi pet not taking Aoe heals.
Hmm that's kind of neat, didn't know that at some point in time the pets used to get healed from AOE heals. Though I suppose it would be nice if they were sturdier or something or at least able to last more than a few seconds because of massive AOE damage. I wonder if the healing change would be sufficient?

Rumpel

Post#124 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:07 pm

At the current state of sieging it seems destro needs way more ranged classes at all! They super needed.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

martholomew

Post#125 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:26 pm

Rumpel wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:07 pm At the current state of sieging it seems destro needs way more ranged classes at all! They super needed.
Tell that to the warband leaders and guildmasters.
Magus 40/78

phononHYPE

Post#126 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:51 pm

That's a tough one @Marthelomew; GMs and WB-leads look at city builds, not getting to city. This is the aspect of city logging I agree with, run your fun toon in T2-T3, middle zone of T4. Change to tank/heal/ranged aoe (magus for me - Hey!) for T4 end-zone fight and fortress, then on to your 'main' for any city fight.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

martholomew

Post#127 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:36 pm

phononHYPE wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:51 pm That's a tough one @Marthelomew; GMs and WB-leads look at city builds, not getting to city. This is the aspect of city logging I agree with, run your fun toon in T2-T3, middle zone of T4. Change to tank/heal/ranged aoe (magus for me - Hey!) for T4 end-zone fight and fortress, then on to your 'main' for any city fight.
Right, but Magus isn't being allowed for AOE spec (which I could happily do)...it's demanded that it spec for Rift. Rift is a TOTALLY garbage low DPS playstyle that is a one-trick-pony, but because the choppa/black ork ball shotcallers want it, it gets enforced. (By enforced, I mean "spec rift or GTFO")
Magus 40/78

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#128 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:04 pm

martholomew wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:36 pm
phononHYPE wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:51 pm That's a tough one @Marthelomew; GMs and WB-leads look at city builds, not getting to city. This is the aspect of city logging I agree with, run your fun toon in T2-T3, middle zone of T4. Change to tank/heal/ranged aoe (magus for me - Hey!) for T4 end-zone fight and fortress, then on to your 'main' for any city fight.
Right, but Magus isn't being allowed for AOE spec (which I could happily do)...it's demanded that it spec for Rift. Rift is a TOTALLY garbage low DPS playstyle that is a one-trick-pony, but because the choppa/black ork ball shotcallers want it, it gets enforced. (By enforced, I mean "spec rift or GTFO")
The old rift (like live version) was freaking fun:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Zw4FUPacc

(not my vid )

Ads
Starx

Post#129 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:06 pm

Orontes wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:19 pm So many of the comments in this thread are odd to me. My magus is rr 86. I don't see or run into any of the issues seen from the poo poo-ing in this thread. There are things to fix: Mist needs to be changed so it can crit. again like Engi napalm now does. Pets need to be subject to group heals or, immune from AOE damage, or simply toughened. Otherwise, Magi can kill quite effectively and have all kinds of tools at their disposal. It's a fun class.
The pet is really the thing contributing to how clunky the class is. I came back and played again for a night and im just reminded of how mobile most fights are and having to summon/resummon everytime you move a few feet chasing a fight or moving to the next area really makes the class feel weird to play.

On retail pets were at launch and for most of the games lifespan just flavor, pretty much as potent as say we/wh kisses. Small overall damage for the class, with some tacked on debuffs. However later on in retail it was evident that magus and engineer suffered greatly from the CC patch and we got a nice buff, but it was tied to being a stationary with our turrets. This is imo the problem, that increased damage should of either been baked directly into the class itself, or given directly to the pets in forms of major increases to the pets damage output and/or utility potential in say the form of new/better debuffs. I think a mix of both would be best to keep the class identity, summons/turrets would still be tied to class identity and be strong while having counterplay in being able to kill them while not having weird ramp up mechanics and being stationary fighters, and our abilities dealing respectable damage from neutral state.

No other class in this game suffers from such a clunky class mechanic, that is also crucial for them being able to perform well. The amount of magus and engineers power that is reliant on them having 8 stacks from their pets is absolutely massive. Imagine if say sorc and bw lost all their dark magic/combustion after they moved 20ft, people would be burning the forums down.

lyncher12

Post#130 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:21 pm

should add lower resummon cooldown to the tactic for instant summon+0ap cost resummon or make stacks faster to acquire