Recent Topics

Ads

Mara..at witch point do I stop being a free kill?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Mara..at witch point do I stop being a free kill?

Post#41 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:29 pm

LordAku wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:56 pm Yap...I give up on Mara...

The uselessness of the class combined with how OP Order is...just make it double bad..

Fact that I do over million dmg in the city last night vs geared Order premade and still be useless, or die with all def tactic/renw/talisma/genessis + guard+heals + invader gear in 5 sec on fort push (just enough time to do my M2) is beyond sad..

I go play BW...

F.... this.
Can't wait for the "Buff BW - my class usless" threads to start up in a couple weeks
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Foofmonger

Post#42 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:48 pm

This is quite the pity party thread eh.

Mara's aren't perfect, but they aren't a terrible class either. I'm not going to repost my last response on this topic again, but in the other recent Mara thread I pretty much already covered how to 1v1 with the class and your match-ups.

Wargrimnir, note that when you are talking about changing "Flames of Fate" the average Marauder is gonna read that as "Feeding on Fear" (the tactic), as they both have the same FOF acronym. So there has been a lot of chatter/misinformation in /region and /advice about the non-existent nerfs. Just a quick FYI.

wildwindblows

Post#43 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:59 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:48 pm This is quite the pity party thread eh.

Mara's aren't perfect, but they aren't a terrible class either. I'm not going to repost my last response on this topic again, but in the other recent Mara thread I pretty much already covered how to 1v1 with the class and your match-ups.

Wargrimnir, note that when you are talking about changing "Flames of Fate" the average Marauder is gonna read that as "Feeding on Fear" (the tactic), as they both have the same FOF acronym. So there has been a lot of chatter/misinformation in /region and /advice about the non-existent nerfs. Just a quick FYI.
Indeed. I was thinking about nerf will come for Feeding of Fear tactic. I relief now.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#44 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:05 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:48 pm This is quite the pity party thread eh.

I guess the context clues of Ensnare and Rock Clutch might not mean anything if you don't play White Lion or Ironbreaker.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Foofmonger

Post#45 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:06 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:05 pm

I guess the context clues of Ensnare and Rock Clutch might not mean anything if you don't play White Lion or Ironbreaker.
Yea, I mean I understood what you were saying but some people definitely got their wires crossed on this one.

theoddone

Post#46 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:24 pm

Sofong wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:36 am no doubt theoddone is a great player prolly best mara around, but even him got destroyed by a parry wh, yet theres some topics on the forum saying wh being the worst lol like the op said 1v1 is not mara thing, i understand y he is frustrated.

38s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Degt88QYI&t=38s
I spec mostly for group play. That means 0 points in parry. A wh has 3sec stun, 5sec RB, and then 7sec m1 parry.

Always nice with an objective review:)
-Theo

Nefarian78

Post#47 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:32 pm

Nerfing Flames of Fate will severely nerf marauders in roaming groups when already they are close to the bottom due to their lack of ways of catching targets (No gap closers or procs like kisses/covenants on ranged attacks). The rationale is also flawed. IBs aren't supposed nor expected to catch targets for their group during roaming.

This will have a severe impact on 6v6 and given the vast ulities an IB has, (KD, single target punt, Oathbound + Ancestor's Fury, almost immune to both snares and KDs, 1k+ armor debuff, aoe snare, 20% crit debuff) the last thing that class need is MORE utility in the form of a ranged root.

Buffing IBs and especially in the form of a ranged root will make double slayer, which is still the best Order 6v6 comp, even better than it already is.

Rock Clutch, Ensnare and Flames of Fate are fine as they are. Don't try fixing what isn't broken.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

LordAku

Post#48 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:30 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:29 pm

The uselessness of the class combined with how OP Order is...just make it double bad..

Fact that I do over million dmg in the city last night vs geared Order premade and still be useless, or die with all def tactic/renw/talisma/genessis + guard+heals + invader gear in 5 sec on fort push (just enough time to do my M2) is beyond sad..

I go play BW...

F.... this.
Can't wait for the "Buff BW - my class usless" threads to start up in a couple weeks
I did something better, I will not play at all...

But something to think about, neither you nor any1 so far in this thread said " hey man, USE this and this, with this, and you will WIN a minimum 50% of fights vs WL/WH/SW/DPS HEALERS/DPS TANKS AND TANKS"...NO ONE...BECAUSE IT DOES NOT EXIST., and if there was a "suggestion" it was...STACK DEF ALL, and go Monstro, which is something I already do, and it sucks.

Marauder is bottom of the bottom...and a class with no purpose or at least one that cant be used since you are made of butter and get melted even with guard and heals.

PS-the way you are biased toward Order..soon you will have no destro...A FACT..

GL HF ..you will need it..

Ads
Foofmonger

Post#49 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:43 pm

LordAku wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:30 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:29 pm

I go play BW...

F.... this.
I did something better, I will not play at all...

But something to think about, neither you nor any1 so far in this thread said " hey man, USE this and this, with this, and you will WIN a minimum 50% of fights vs WL/WH/SW/DPS HEALERS/DPS TANKS AND TANKS"...NO ONE...BECAUSE IT DOES NOT EXIST., and if there was a "suggestion" it was...STACK DEF ALL, and go Monstro, which is something I already do, and it sucks.

Marauder is bottom of the bottom...and a class with no purpose or at least one that cant be used since you are made of butter and get melted even with guard and heals.

PS-the way you are biased toward Order..soon you will have no destro...A FACT..

GL HF ..you will need it..
I literally posted a HUGE long post, on the exact topic you are looking for.... 3 days ago. Maybe look around the forums a little more or use the search feature and don't expect people to spoon feed you in the info you want? Maybe you could have done 2 seconds of research and pulled up the 1v1 matchup post I just made on another thread? Or do I need to go around every single whine thread and post how you need to L2P?

Since you apparently need to be spoon-fed like a baby bird (literally the 4th post down in the chaos forum): viewtopic.php?f=72&t=38874

Judging by the tone of your posts, this seems like a serious "between the seats issue" and has nothing to do with the class. I can both explain how and show how to 1v1 and solo roam on a Mara, but it doesn't sound like you want to learn or listen, sounds like you want to talk about your opinion as a random noob who has no idea what he is doing, and that's not something I care to listen to.

BeautfulToad

Post#50 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:22 pm

Sofong wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:36 am no doubt theoddone is a great player prolly best mara around, but even him got destroyed by a parry wh, yet theres some topics on the forum saying wh being the worst lol like the op said 1v1 is not mara thing, i understand y he is frustrated.

38s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Degt88QYI&t=38s
Thought the mara did quite well there versus a witch hunter probably in the best gear, and well stocked, who ganked him from behind tbh.