Recent Topics

Ads

Mara..at witch point do I stop being a free kill?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
BeautfulToad

Re: Mara..at witch point do I stop being a free kill?

Post#51 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:45 pm

LordAku wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:30 pm

The uselessness of the class combined with how OP Order is...just make it double bad..
Roll an alt on order, for sure. Definitely see both factions before commenting on balance. I don't think I have really a strong opinion on class balance ever since I got level 40 characters on both sides. I play whichever side needs the numbers now.

Ads
Rumpel

Post#52 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:13 am

BeautfulToad wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:45 pm
LordAku wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:30 pm

The uselessness of the class combined with how OP Order is...just make it double bad..
Roll an alt on order, for sure. Definitely see both factions before commenting on balance. I don't think I have really a strong opinion on class balance ever since I got level 40 characters on both sides. I play whichever side needs the numbers now.

Did this with a bw and a knight. Bw was so overperforming it really got boring o0 . Knight is super simple and effective and I expect this also for priest and lion. Didn't found something comparable overbalancend on destroside.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

skinnyraf

Post#53 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:24 am

This thread and all the threads on why Order is how it is, including "SW/WH/IB/Engie are broken" threads, cause some cognitive dissonance.

BeautfulToad

Post#54 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:38 am

skinnyraf wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:24 am
This thread and all the threads on why Order is how it is, including "SW/WH/IB/Engie are broken" threads, cause some cognitive dissonance.
Worth it for Rompel's post. I liked that one.

Awoosome

Post#55 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:52 am

OP have you tried a parry set up? I did this when i was invader/vanq gear and it improved my fights from orvr to city. Add me up in destro Awoosome and i would like to go through your set up. You can check Kahmahl in armory if you're not confident on my experience as a mara.
Kahmahl/Awoosome - Marauder RR80+

Guild - Art of Execution (Role: Flex MDPS)

saupreusse
Former Staff

Post#56 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:05 am

Maras/wl are bad at catching targets... Yeah and unicorns are real.

nat3s

Post#57 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:37 am

Full vanq glass cannon sav/brut can work in 1v1 but it's a bit RNG. Start in monstros and pop detaunt before WL / aSW opens with stun. That way they do 50% less dmg through stun. Then switch Sav and burst hard and switch Brut to execute.

Against WH you are going to do die a lot, but you can win if you pop charge to get away from them alongside rejuv and officer pots to regain your hp. WH doesn't have a proper snare so you can outrange them easily enough if you survive KD.
Destruction - Pain and Pleasure Guild

Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr80 Mara
rr6x AM, Sham, Choppa

amagawd

Post#58 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:53 pm

I'm almost 82 atm. All the time since I joined this server it seemed to me mara is weak. But I always blamed it on the gear - man I don't have enough armor/wounds/strenght/resists/etc to face any1.
I don't have time to use 2 debuffs, because other classes spam 3 spells on nerfedbuttons and win. I still get 1 shot in 4 seconds from WL and now SW - with 2 sov pieces and rest full invader. Why I never melt some1 in 4 seconds? How is it possible to get melted in 4 seconds? I mean even if the opponent has full sov, or even BIS ever, I'm geared with before the last set for endgame, and still feel like a paper tiger.
Klindor - aiming @ RR 255.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#59 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:56 pm

amagawd wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:53 pm
I'm almost 82 atm. All the time since I joined this server it seemed to me mara is weak. But I always blamed it on the gear - man I don't have enough armor/wounds/strenght/resists/etc to face any1.
I don't have time to use 2 debuffs, because other classes spam 3 spells on nerfedbuttons and win. I still get 1 shot in 4 seconds from WL and now SW - with 2 sov pieces and rest full invader. Why I never melt some1 in 4 seconds? How is it possible to get melted in 4 seconds? I mean even if the opponent has full sov, or even BIS ever, I'm geared with before the last set for endgame, and still feel like a paper tiger.
Whats your chance to be crit?
Anathae [KotBS] / Anathea [WP] ( and couple others )
former Anathae [Zealot]

wildwindblows

Post#60 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:09 am

amagawd wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:53 pm
It is not about gear. I know because i have x5sov, x2warlord, x2sentinel. Mara is a support dps class. Don't even try to compare other classes. Mara was a good dps when he had old tb and pb. All goodies have been taken from mara. This class has a lot of problems but who cares. Pull doesn't work properly and any of mara debuffs easily replaceable from other classes with a better ones. I cannot recommend if you play mara as a main class. Still you can play monstro in wb to provide utillity.
Last edited by wildwindblows on Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.