Recent Topics

Ads

Mara..at witch point do I stop being a free kill?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
BeautfulToad

Re: Mara..at witch point do I stop being a free kill?

Post#51 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:45 pm

LordAku wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:30 pm
The uselessness of the class combined with how OP Order is...just make it double bad..
Roll an alt on order, for sure. Definitely see both factions before commenting on balance. I don't think I have really a strong opinion on class balance ever since I got level 40 characters on both sides. I play whichever side needs the numbers now.

Ads
Rumpel

Post#52 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:13 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:45 pm
LordAku wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:30 pm
The uselessness of the class combined with how OP Order is...just make it double bad..
Roll an alt on order, for sure. Definitely see both factions before commenting on balance. I don't think I have really a strong opinion on class balance ever since I got level 40 characters on both sides. I play whichever side needs the numbers now.

Did this with a bw and a knight. Bw was so overperforming it really got boring o0 . Knight is super simple and effective and I expect this also for priest and lion. Didn't found something comparable overbalancend on destroside.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

skinnyraf

Post#53 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:24 am

This thread and all the threads on why Order is how it is, including "SW/WH/IB/Engie are broken" threads, cause some cognitive dissonance.

BeautfulToad

Post#54 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:38 am

skinnyraf wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:24 am This thread and all the threads on why Order is how it is, including "SW/WH/IB/Engie are broken" threads, cause some cognitive dissonance.
Worth it for Rompel's post. I liked that one.

Awoosome

Post#55 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:52 am

OP have you tried a parry set up? I did this when i was invader/vanq gear and it improved my fights from orvr to city. Add me up in destro Awoosome and i would like to go through your set up. You can check Kahmahl in armory if you're not confident on my experience as a mara.
Kahmahl/Awoosome - Marauder RR80+

Guild - Art of Execution (Role: Flex MDPS)

saupreusse
Developer

Post#56 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:05 am

Maras/wl are bad at catching targets... Yeah and unicorns are real.

nat3s

Post#57 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:37 am

Full vanq glass cannon sav/brut can work in 1v1 but it's a bit RNG. Start in monstros and pop detaunt before WL / aSW opens with stun. That way they do 50% less dmg through stun. Then switch Sav and burst hard and switch Brut to execute.

Against WH you are going to do die a lot, but you can win if you pop charge to get away from them alongside rejuv and officer pots to regain your hp. WH doesn't have a proper snare so you can outrange them easily enough if you survive KD.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

amagawd

Post#58 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:53 pm

I'm almost 82 atm. All the time since I joined this server it seemed to me mara is weak. But I always blamed it on the gear - man I don't have enough armor/wounds/strenght/resists/etc to face any1.
I don't have time to use 2 debuffs, because other classes spam 3 spells on nerfedbuttons and win. I still get 1 shot in 4 seconds from WL and now SW - with 2 sov pieces and rest full invader. Why I never melt some1 in 4 seconds? How is it possible to get melted in 4 seconds? I mean even if the opponent has full sov, or even BIS ever, I'm geared with before the last set for endgame, and still feel like a paper tiger.
Klindor - 83 - retired
Iprotecc - 82 - holding doors
Isushi - pugging

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#59 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:56 pm

amagawd wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:53 pm I'm almost 82 atm. All the time since I joined this server it seemed to me mara is weak. But I always blamed it on the gear - man I don't have enough armor/wounds/strenght/resists/etc to face any1.
I don't have time to use 2 debuffs, because other classes spam 3 spells on nerfedbuttons and win. I still get 1 shot in 4 seconds from WL and now SW - with 2 sov pieces and rest full invader. Why I never melt some1 in 4 seconds? How is it possible to get melted in 4 seconds? I mean even if the opponent has full sov, or even BIS ever, I'm geared with before the last set for endgame, and still feel like a paper tiger.
Whats your chance to be crit?

wildwindblows

Post#60 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:09 am

amagawd wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:53 pm I'm almost 82 atm. All the time since I joined this server it seemed to me mara is weak. But I always blamed it on the gear - man I don't have enough armor/wounds/strenght/resists/etc to face any1.
It is not about gear. I know because i have x5sov, x2warlord, x2sentinel. Mara is a support dps class. Don't even try to compare other classes. Mara was a good dps when he had old tb and pb. All goodies have been taken from mara. This class has a lot of problems but who cares. Pull doesn't work properly and any of mara debuffs easily replaceable from other classes with a better ones. I cannot recommend if you play mara as a main class. Still you can play monstro in wb to provide utillity.
Last edited by wildwindblows on Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.