Recent Topics

Ads

Mara..at witch point do I stop being a free kill?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
LordAku

Mara..at witch point do I stop being a free kill?

Post#1 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:04 pm

Sup all
A question to end geared Maras from an invader geared one rr 70+ bruta/monstro build
So...i have tried going full DPS (meaning str talismans,dmg tactics,warrior genesis,ren talents set etc.) , and going full def (tough talis, undying genesis, full defensive ren).....
and I get shited on 1v1 by almost all, unless they play like ****...

WL- is there a need to say...he jumps.I die.. it's easy as that..
WH - by the time I get out of stun I am 30% hp and he is ripost killing me, with my only def ability Monstro talent of 2 sec stun being parried 99% of the time, and even that cant save me.
SW - Melee stuns and the kills me while outdpsing me, range stun/snare kites me
BW/ENG -if they get me from the range..by the time I get to them...I am dead, if I jump on them...i can kill them...yea baby
Tanks...I can live in monstro..question is can I kill them in normal time
Healer..well DPS ones kill me, the ones that heal..detaunt me, so that never ends

My pull/embrace thing...fails 9/10 times.
I have no proper def ability except 20sec toughness buff and monstro stun talent
Its just..what ever I have..others have more and better..from punts to pulls to absorbs to..
Pls don't talk about its not 1v1 game, when a lot of classes do fine in 1v1.
And mutation change..a 5 sec cd...rly..nice..
At the moment I am only hoping that Sovrenty gear will boost me to the point I can survive stun and have a fighting chance.
Mara is such a slow class...so many buff/debuffs before you can strart dmg..

Ads
wachlarz

Re: Mara..at witch point do I stop being a free kill?

Post#2 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:13 pm

U know any good sava/brut mara ? i think so...

wildwindblows

Post#3 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:20 pm

LordAku wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:04 pm Sup all
A question to end geared Maras from an invader geared one rr 70+ bruta/monstro build
So...i have tried going full DPS (meaning str talismans,dmg tactics,warrior genesis,ren talents set etc.) , and going full def (tough talis, undying genesis, full defensive ren).....

WH - by the time I get out of stun I am 30% hp and he is ripost killing me, with my only def ability Monstro talent of 2 sec stun being parried 99% of the time, and even that cant save me.
BW/ENG -if they get me from the range..by the time I get to them...I am dead, if I jump on them...i can kill them...yea baby
Healer..well DPS ones kill me, the ones that heal..detaunt me, so that never ends

I have no proper def ability except 20sec toughness buff and monstro stun talent
Its just..what ever I have..others have more and better..from punts to pulls to absorbs to..
At the moment I am only hoping that Sovrenty gear will boost me to the point I can survive stun and have a fighting chance.
Sov set won't provide that. Marauder has only one 1v1 build and that is; stack armor, go monstro stance and pick absorb tactic unless you can't do 1v1 with any class. Your damage will around 100-200 with this set-up but nothing to do. Or you can play w.e for solo.

Manatikik

Post#4 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:11 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:20 pm

Sov set won't provide that. Marauder has only one 1v1 build and that is; stack armor, go monstro stance and pick absorb tactic unless you can't do 1v1 with any class. Your damage will around 100-200 with this set-up but nothing to do. Or you can play w.e for solo.

That is quite literally the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. Why the hell would you ever stack armor on a Mara?!? Monstro proc makes it so no PDPS can hurt you at all. If you want to 1v1 look what Knockknock is doing. He’s a solo mara who does pretty good.
<Montague><Capulet>

wildwindblows

Post#5 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:14 pm

Manatikik wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:11 pm

That is quite literally the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. Why the hell would you ever stack armor on a Mara?!? Monstro proc makes it so no PDPS can hurt you at all. If you want to 1v1 look what Knockknock is doing. He’s a solo mara who does pretty good.
Knockknock stacks armor/toughness.... You need to stack armor to make monstro proc viable
Last edited by wildwindblows on Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fey

Post#6 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:15 pm

You might be like me and absolute garbage 1v1. I'm terrible at dueling so I just go with group play.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

wildwindblows

Post#7 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:39 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:14 pm
Manatikik wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:11 pm

Knockknock stacks armor/toughness.... You need to stack armor to make monstro proc viable
Please don't write comment like this if you don't have any idea. I don't want to share screen shots here to expose ppl's build. Knocknock use x5 armor talisman on his gear.

LordAku

Post#8 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:52 pm

So...any full Sovr geard Maras that can tell me spec, gear,tali..etc so i dont get killed in 5 sec from 50% classes and other 50% just detaunt me.
I did stack armor on low lvls..i will try it on invader (had toughness) will see.

Ads
Sarnai

Post#9 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:04 pm

All my run-ins with Knockknock looked like he was going toughness/armor, parry, riposte...pretty standard setup for an mdps that wants to solo and doesn't have burst, which mara falls under. Good positioning and knowing when to detaunt/disengage is important too, which he also excels at.
WH looking for gunbad left

Jastojan

Post#10 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:04 pm

This is why I reroll to mSH. It has slightly better burst and better mobility (this can save your live much better than "stack armor or toughness"). As mara you can hardly make a pressure on a healer (if u not sava).
Terrible embrace (pull) works realy terrible... at least 7/10 fail. Most frustrating spell in game.

Offtopic: When it comes to healers and their detaunt. The detaunt in PVP was new to me when I moved from wow. But I dont understant why could detaunt cover the whole CD on detaunt - why healers (idk if healers only) can detaunt you for the whole fight. 15 sec. duration and 15 sec. CD? Why? Detaunt should cover MAX half of the CD. This is not clear to me.