Recent Topics

Ads

(Chosen) build and bis for solo snb chosen?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Thunderbragi

(Chosen) build and bis for solo snb chosen?

Post#1 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:05 pm

I want to know if it is posible to roam solo with a snb chosen. Ive got a lot fights with 2h and thats realy cool to dueling every kind of class with chosen, but sometimes your realy squishy. So my question is it posible to fight solo with snb and get a kill or is there just not enought dps to kill the oponent? Ive got full BL/OP/INV/VANC/SENT sets and mix the most of them to fight with 2h axe from BL. Got a dmg shield from BL and the sc off sword. Sov and warlord is in work, but thats realy tricky with normal work and sleeping time in EU;D

Ads
Zxul

Re: (Chosen) build and bis for solo snb chosen?

Post#2 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:37 pm

Possible, and even works very well.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4795,4775

Run resists/aoe dmg/ap regen for auras. Backlash+dmg aura add lot of dmg, then you got ToP on top of that, then your regular dmg which is spirit with tactic, and your resists aura debuffs their resists. Absorb tactic provides sustain, make sure to have some regen as well- 5 conq/annih or sent chest is pretty decent to this day, and you got higher options.

Your key to dmg is ap regen though- chosen kills with constant pressure, not with burst. Which is why you need ap regen aura and ap regen m1 (you don't need the armor debuff with spirit tactic anyway).

Real bonus of roaming with snb is antikiting- you can channel htl while chasing them, specially again with good ap regen, then Quake- melee snare- Juggernaut to break snare from their self punt- kill.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Thunderbragi

Post#3 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:27 pm

Okey, you mean everything you got, is in dmg over time? To fight as long as you can to steal the ap from your enemy? So i have to get every armor i got, that do dmg when the target hits me?

Zxul

Post#4 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:55 pm

Thunderbragi wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:27 pm Okey, you mean everything you got, is in dmg over time? To fight as long as you can to steal the ap from your enemy? So i have to get every armor i got, that do dmg when the target hits me?
I mean that you don't have a burst, unlike actual mdps. Once you put the wounds debuff/dot/ToP/Tooth of Tzeench on your target, its Relentless/Ravage/Cleave spam, depending on target. Combined with Backlash/dmg aura they can do a decent dmg even with low str, however don't expect a 3 sec kill like wl. And you need ap regen to keep spamming the Relentless/Ravage/Cleave.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

kain149

Post#5 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:34 pm

What gear do you need to be able to run this build properly?

Zxul

Post#6 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:00 pm

kain149 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:34 pm What gear do you need to be able to run this build properly?
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... er/1073171

My chosen, the gear on it was enough to work very fine in invader days, should work pretty decent even today. Of cause, higher stuff is better (especially city dungeon axe with ap regen proc, never got to finishing farming it). Talis are init to get to 275, rest toughness.

Detangler

Post#7 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:13 pm

I could tell you all the secrets of the DPS sword and board Chosen, but then I'd have to kill you.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Zxul

Post#8 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:19 pm

Detangler wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:13 pm I could tell you all the secrets of the DPS sword and board Chosen, but then I'd have to kill you.
Spank me daddy !

(thats how you do it)

Ads
Sarnai

Post#9 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:13 pm

I don't play tanks, only fight them, but what I've noticed is that since a snb tank can't pile on big hits like a 2H can, one of your big issues is that if you're fighting dps or healers they'll probably be able to just get away easily if the fight isn't going their way.
WH looking for gunbad left

Zxul

Post#10 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:02 am

Sarnai wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:13 pm I don't play tanks, only fight them, but what I've noticed is that since a snb tank can't pile on big hits like a 2H can, one of your big issues is that if you're fighting dps or healers they'll probably be able to just get away easily if the fight isn't going their way.
Melee snare + Quake, isn't as easy as it might sound. Not to mention dps chosens all time favored- dropping ToP on them when they try to run away.