Recent Topics

Ads

Magus Build Suggestion

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Panso

Magus Build Suggestion

Post#1 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:21 am

Hi all,

Just wanna hear your opinion especially for a 13 demonology 9 change spec. Right now I am running a tanky setup with 800 toughness and 750 int with only 3 % crit. But vanq comes closer and I will try a more hybrid style with less toughness and more int/crit.

Is 3 vanq/3 domi (for toughness) and 5 genesis a viable choice? Renown point will go to crit/toughness and crit reduce.
Panso 40/6x Zelot
Savory 40/5x Magus
Annot 40/6x WE

Ads
thesilentthreesome1

Re: Magus Build Suggestion

Post#2 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:46 pm

I believe you want around 800 toughness and it stops working after that (If I remember correctly)

After 800 toughness, it's better to stack more armor if you want to be tankier vs. physical. Really helps in 1v1s vs. a lot of order burst classes. Or you can stack HP and tank morale bomb/BW better. Up to you, armor is really good for SC and small scale vs physical though.

Doesn't matter how you do it if you want to try a tanky build that does damage, you can mix 3-4 sets (Warlord, Invader, Sentinel Accessory + Jewel, Etc) or do your dominator/vanquisher idea if you have nothing else.

13 Daemonology and 9 changing, it might interest you to take dissolving mists so you can hard carry objective SCs, and it really works well with a tanky spec because if a WH/WL goes all in you and you're stunned the dissolving mists is hitting them back + pet and they can't capture the objective/flag on an SC while it's popping off.

TL;DR you're on the right track, but keep in mind toughness is nerfed and there's no point in getting like 1100 toughness because of how it was nerfed on ROR.

P.S the T4 Kadrin Valley cave boss accessories might interest you (The ones that are blue and give 2% armor pen reduction + toughness + 2 ap per second or hp regen might interest you as well, you don't need to go genesis for some damage) for the tank magus spec that you are trying out. Plus the annihilation quest weapon that gives 1100 HP or 120 hp back everytime you get hit (this one is good once you get high defensive stats, when multiple people attack you, you can get a lot of these 120 hp procs at a chance, it adds up with the Chaos shield tactic too. The problem with the weapon that gives 1100 HP is it doesn't stack with the HP buff from daemonology last time I checked)

Zxul

Post#3 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:42 pm

The toughness isn't nerfed, it was actually buffed in last two patches vs low str/intel.

Also you want more than 800 toughness, since as specifically stated by devs toughness can mitigate both dmg from attacker's skill and base ability dmg.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Panso

Post#4 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:49 pm

Thx for the replies.

Going even more tanky wasn't my intention. The idea is a balanced setup with high enough toughness and a more offensive potential. Warlord and sov will be no option for me for the next months, so I only mentioned vanq and domi.
Panso 40/6x Zelot
Savory 40/5x Magus
Annot 40/6x WE

vanbuinen77

Post#5 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:49 pm

There is no middle ground.

Either go full defensive or full damage.

Going halfway in either will make you weaker
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Przepraszam

Post#6 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:50 pm

Panso my man why would you want to play defensive spec :/, i find it a waste of time exept mayby premade rifting
Billpullman Blips
Millivanilli Karvosky

Panso

Post#7 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:57 pm

Przepraszam wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:50 pm Panso my man why would you want to play defensive spec :/, i find it a waste of time exept mayby premade rifting
Cause you turned your back to me and start playing your ugly dwarf.
Panso 40/6x Zelot
Savory 40/5x Magus
Annot 40/6x WE

Zxul

Post#8 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:11 pm

I would recommend mixing inv and dom- good defense, while still dece3nt offense.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
neutrino

Post#9 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:22 am

Panso wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:21 am Hi all,

Just wanna hear your opinion especially for a 13 demonology 9 change spec. Right now I am running a tanky setup with 800 toughness and 750 int with only 3 % crit. But vanq comes closer and I will try a more hybrid style with less toughness and more int/crit.

Is 3 vanq/3 domi (for toughness) and 5 genesis a viable choice? Renown point will go to crit/toughness and crit reduce.
What's your goal? RVR, 6 mans, City/Fort, dueling? The magus is a very versatile class. Spec for what you're goals are in the fight. Hybrid builds usually weaken you overall because you're not strong in any one thing.
Home of Warhammer Drow "Old School"!

Panso

Post#10 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:20 am

There is no specific goal for me. Organized play is less then 1% for me, cause I just don't have the time for it. So it's pretty much solo leeching in zerg honestly.

My intention came from all those defensive set bonus for magus, but if there's no mid way then it's OK.
Panso 40/6x Zelot
Savory 40/5x Magus
Annot 40/6x WE