Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder questions, thoughts and hopes

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
User avatar
Pandastyle
Posts: 72

Re: Marauder questions, thoughts and hopes

Post#11 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:31 pm

I gonna try it the next few days and look how it feels with the above mentioned build. Considering that I have in full inv (sov cloak instead of warlord for the 2% extra crit on that) and 3 levels of crit renown "only" 18% crit (no sent tali), that makes with FoF proc 38% crit for all abilities and 48 crit for brut abilities.
However with 5pc sov/3pc warlord I have 26% crit. With FoF proc its 46 %, only two percent less but for all abilities not only brut. And couple of stats are higher (str, wounds, armour). I will still test it :)
I also will test it with full vanq and 2 sov pc
83 Mara
66 KotBS

Ads
Moonbiter
Posts: 5

Re: Marauder questions, thoughts and hopes

Post#12 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:34 am

Kalt wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:22 pm
I'm curious about how a full invader set + warlord cloak , sentinel jewel with crit tali perform for a brutality build.
You have 55% crit for brut ability , 45% crit for AA , 29% auto attack haste (aa each 1.7 second ) and 25% aa damage who stack with the brut proc (125 % main hand , 100% offhand when both proc together )
Seems like a solid choice for a brut build imo. Anyone try it ?
And how it perform against the regular 5sov/2senti/2warlord or 5 warlord/2 sov/ 2 senti ?
are you sure about the crit proc stack that way?

User avatar
Kalt
Posts: 98

Re: Marauder questions, thoughts and hopes

Post#13 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:43 am

Moonbiter wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:34 am
Kalt wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:22 pm
I'm curious about how a full invader set + warlord cloak , sentinel jewel with crit tali perform for a brutality build.
You have 55% crit for brut ability , 45% crit for AA , 29% auto attack haste (aa each 1.7 second ) and 25% aa damage who stack with the brut proc (125 % main hand , 100% offhand when both proc together )
Seems like a solid choice for a brut build imo. Anyone try it ?
And how it perform against the regular 5sov/2senti/2warlord or 5 warlord/2 sov/ 2 senti ?
are you sure about the crit proc stack that way?
Invader 7 piece bonus is not a proc. It's a passive buff for all brut ability. It's an additive bonus with your critical chance so if you have the build i liste , you end with 45 for aa and non brut ability , and 55 crit for all brut ability

User avatar
Pandastyle
Posts: 72

Re: Marauder questions, thoughts and hopes

Post#14 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:56 pm

why the warlord cloak tho? just for the AA haste? isnt it like super low? I'd rather take the sov cloak for the 2% crit on top.
And what renown points did you specc? 4 ranks in opportunist?
83 Mara
66 KotBS

User avatar
Kalt
Posts: 98

Re: Marauder questions, thoughts and hopes

Post#15 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:02 pm

Yeah the goal is to maximize the AA.
And opportunist 4 for max crit rate
Once you have 50% crit , 2% is not going to do a massive difference.

zediscool
Posts: 7

Re: Marauder questions, thoughts and hopes

Post#16 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:08 pm

Kalt wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:02 pm
Yeah the goal is to maximize the AA.
And opportunist 4 for max crit rate
Once you have 50% crit , 2% is not going to do a massive difference.
I also have been thinking about the full invader set bonuses for the AA damage and having high crit in a Brutality build. However I feel this build will only work well on lightly armored classes since we would be missing out on weapon skill bonuses.. and I think you need high WS for any decent AA numbers. You could slot +24 WS talis for all gear slots and get some AA armor penetration. WS stat wont be that high though, it would be around approximately +/- 450 and +3% armor pen from inv helm. This is assuming of course cloak is warlord as you say. But why? it has like 4% AA haste. Doesnt seem to be worth it. Instead of the tiny AA haste we should try to remedy the WS problem by equipping beastlord cloak, ring and book for the WS bonus instead. WS stat would be bumped to around 510 with WS talis as suggested above.

..But then I dont think your STR would be soft capped either even when using Brute Force tactic. From memory it would probably be approximately around 850 with full invader, full WS talis if you choose (instead of STR talis), STR pot and Brute Force. Not sure if many maras can live having STR not soft capped. If only Piercing Bite worked for AA then all this wouldnt be an issue.. Kalt, I saw your Brut proposal thread and I am 100% completely on board but I feel like devs have other higher priorities than looking into mara. Hopefully though.

Anywho this is definitely worth considering for any maras at RR 60-80 pre-sov gear in small scale rvr or SC were its all mostly single target fights. You will hurt squishies with hard hitting Brut abilities and decent AA but probably will be tickling any decently geared tanks, and thats to be expected. But I think 5 sov/3 warlord is best general all-rounder damage.
Last edited by zediscool on Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kalt
Posts: 98

Re: Marauder questions, thoughts and hopes

Post#17 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:27 pm

Thanks for your support ☺️
To be honest i plan to play this build because i play almost exclusively in group settings.
Choppa/ BO / brut MAR to stack each AA buff avaible , and my main target are always healer/ damage dealers , so the lack of weapon skill is not a real issue , at least for my situation.

What i look at is the fact that in optimal settings , you have AA each 1,5 s who can crit for 1500+ with MH + OH , thanks to BO AA damage buff and choppa AA speed buff.

zediscool
Posts: 7

Re: Marauder questions, thoughts and hopes

Post#18 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:33 pm

Kalt wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:27 pm
Thanks for your support ☺️
To be honest i plan to play this build because i play almost exclusively in group settings.
Choppa/ BO / brut MAR to stack each AA buff avaible , and my main target are always healer/ damage dealers , so the lack of weapon skill is not a real issue , at least for my situation.

What i look at is the fact that in optimal settings , you have AA each 1,5 s who can crit for 1500+ with MH + OH , thanks to BO AA damage buff and choppa AA speed buff.
I see. Yeah that makes sense. I mostly pug it because I am a casual puglord with no ingame friends.

Ads
User avatar
wildwindblows
Posts: 210

Re: Marauder questions, thoughts and hopes

Post#19 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:08 pm

Play dps chosen or bo. Mara damage still sucks and don't worth to play.

User avatar
Pandastyle
Posts: 72

Re: Marauder questions, thoughts and hopes

Post#20 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:59 pm

omg can you like...not preach under every single mara thread that it apparently sucks? we know by now you dont like the class anymore as it seems.
83 Mara
66 KotBS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: permavoid and 5 guests

cron