Recent Topics

Ads

Help w/Zealot Healing

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Malaphus

Help w/Zealot Healing

Post#1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:19 am

Hey all. I started playing recently and am having a hard time getting use to Zealot healing. I haven't tried any of the other healing classes, so perhaps Zealot just isn't my style, but I also realize it's possible I'm just not doing something right!

I'm having a major issue keeping the party alive in scenarios. I usually do OK compared to non-DoK healers on total healing per match (DoK's always far exceed my own healing), but often feel like losing matches (of which there are a lot of) are my fault. I try to keep Tzeentch's Cordial (HoT) up on the group as much as possible, along with Dark Medicine if I have time to cast it before having to start spamming Flash of Chaos. If there's light damage coming in to a group member I can usually keep them up pretty good like this but in the majority of scenarios, people die far too quickly for me to adequately heal them; as in, they typically drop fast enough that I can get a few casts of Flash of Chaos off, but then they're dead. If I stop spamming Flash of Chaos and switch to Elixir of Dark Blessings, they typically die before I can get the first or second cast off.

I've followed Haskr's Zealot guide (the one he's pasted in multiple other threads, thanks for that Haskr!) as far as mastery point allocation and tactics go. I'm currently CR 34 RR 38 with 16 points into Alchemy (up to 13, with Chaotic Force, AP Ritual, and Stagger) and my 3 remaining points into Dark Rites. Once I get enough points for Tzeentch's Grip I plan to respec and do 13/11 with Ritual, Stagger from Alchemy and Grip from Dark Rites). Currently in level 29 emblem gear and have 89STR, 68 Ball, 175 Int, 298 Tough, 111 Weapon, 193 Initiative, 568 Willpower, and 490 Wounds unbuffed, if that helps!

Any advice or tips would be appreciated, hope I included enough info!

Ads
Panso

Re: Help w/Zealot Healing

Post#2 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:43 am

Hey there,

1. Don't use Dark medicine. It's just not worth the ap and the gcd.

2. Try to go for heal ritual. It will proc all of your important tactics on crit. So you can pre buff your grp mates before even healing them directly.

3. In some cases you literally can't save a target on your own. Some dmg spikes are to high to single heal them out.

4. As a zelot your heals are a bit on the slower side. Flash of chaos with TG and 25% more heals can keep a target alive, but not for ever,especially when it gets focused hard.
Panso 40/6x Zelot
Savory 40/5x Magus
Annot 40/6x WE

Jabba

Post#3 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:47 am

You're level 34 so you can get basically all the good stuff apart from the stagger.

RoR.builders - Zealot

For some reason career builder still doesn't let you put in 4th tactic until 40, but you can, 4th tactic put in warping the spirit.
Ap ritual is pretty much only there in case you get stuck in double zeal group.

Spec for some crit/futile strikes in renown.

You can now outheal doks and bring more to the table besides
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Post#4 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:55 am

Always keep cordial up at first sign of dmg. Elixir of dark blessing primary heal for any decent incoming dmg. You obviously need to be positioned well for this because you have to stay still to cast.

Leaping alteration on cd

If target is going down fast and you think they'll die before cast time if elixir of dark blessing then just spam flash until stabilized. If you have to move to prekite or keep line of sight use flash.

I only ever use dark medicine if you need a small burst of healing cause you get 1 additional hot, it's ap heavy however and you don't normally spec to improve the value so doesn't get used much

Shield gets used when patient is incoming heal debuffed.

Group heal when multiple ppl taking large dmg IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO YOU otherwise use cordial/flash as needed

M2 focused mind is your primary morale for burst healing spamming dark blessing or group heal, can use in conjunction with embrace the warp for reduced ap cost

Note: when you hit 40 tactics /morales differ

Renown get healing crit and fs2. Wounds tali. Spec for heal ritual and grip with rest into alchemy getting flash crit tactic. Don't with about ap ritual if you're just doing scenario

Tactics: blessing of chaos, chaotic force, grip. flex restorative burst vs warping the spirit

Cheers
Last edited by 816384138 on Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adzcriz

Post#5 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:35 am

I can give you my build which is fairly popular, its a circle build, built around Ritual of lunacy for zealot.

From Right tree you want the Ritual of lunacy and the Tactic Tzeetchs Grip. from the middle tree you want Tzeench's refreshment (Get this one last when youre close to 40 if youre not already) and i typically dump rest of mastery points int he left tree to buff flash of chaos. You want the following tactics

Restorative Burst, blessing of chaos, Tzeetchs grip and refreshment. in the reknown abilities max out heal crit then go for futile strikes.

Rotation is rather simple, drop a ritual of lunacy and this will proc all your tactics as it counts as a direct heal, you will spawn shields on everyone in your group with crits and your flash will proc shields etc, you should never run out of ap. Flash is your bread and butter, spam it and throw hots out. Dust of pandemonium when you need intensive AOE healing and keep leaping alteration on cooldown. I avoid dark medicine tbh. Elixir has its uses for intensive single target healing but not very practical in rvr as it makes you stationary.

Use armour bonus talismans in everything. this is what my mastery looks like RoR.builders - Zealot

Going up the middle line for refreshment is more useful for organised warbands etc as it really helps with melee balls etc, but you can skip it and put all those points in left tree if you like and use a different tactic.

also take a look at this thread theres some advice and info that might be helpful Healer Advice Thread
Cykosis - Zealot ~ Resident Psychotic Healer

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#6 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:02 am

Jabba wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:47 am You're level 34 so you can get basically all the good stuff apart from the stagger.

RoR.builders - Zealot

For some reason career builder still doesn't let you put in 4th tactic until 40, but you can, 4th tactic put in warping the spirit.
Ap ritual is pretty much only there in case you get stuck in double zeal group.

Spec for some crit/futile strikes in renown.

You can now outheal doks and bring more to the table besides
Pretty much this.
also try to use leaping alteration.

Malaphus

Post#7 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:51 pm

Thanks so much guys! I'll definitely be giving all of these suggestions a try. Much appreciated!