[Marauder] Mutation/Stance

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Vizio

Re: [Marauder] Mutation/Stance

Post#11 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:27 pm

I use a gaming mouse that has 12 keys on the side and it makes it very easy to swap stance's. I have used the same mouse for many years, "Redragon" Perdition model. Absolutely love it and makes gaming, for me at least, much easier.

Ads
Shanell

Post#12 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:31 pm

Real marauders fight without mutations so they have 2 arms to loot villages.
BG Kecis | Magus Zechariah | Chosen Kastul

Pandastyle

Post#13 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:37 pm

wachlarz wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:18 am
nat3s wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:38 am Ignore the above, there are 3 Mara specs:

Brut/Monst - ST spec for guild City WBs - 70% crit chance with gear, 1150+ str, hit like a truck
Monst/Brut - AoE spec for City WBs - Compatible with both pug and guild WBs - Your typical uninformed pugger who doesn't know about guild WB composition will think all Maras are Monst/Brut in Cities. Ignore them, they're just ignorant.
Sav/Brut - Solo roaming spec, debuffer, ok for ranked

Brut/Monst - You are permanently in Brut spec as the first 2 abilities in Monst don't require a stance. Your job is to assist train as part of the ST group killing healers.
Monst/Brut - Mostly Monst, switching Brut for a quick Guillotine execute - but if you're in one of the WB AoE groups, you should really be cleaving as hard as poss, letting the ST group kill off the healers 1 by 1 until the AoE cleave can collapse the enemy WB.
Sav/Brut - You'll switch Brut for Guillotine, other than that you're mostly sat in Sav.

To add some context on which one is most popular, it changes a lot, but for the most part, WBs run 1 ST group and 3 AoE so demand for Monst will be greater than Brut, but playing Brut in the ST group feels more powerful for me.

Enjoy!
sava/brut solo roam spec ? uff
sava/brut is frequently played in ranked because the healdebuff. And sometimes as ST MA in city because the heal- and armourdebuff.
I think the sav/brut and brut/monstro specc are both kinda viable for solo roaming. The first has the healdebuff, the other the KD...I think it depends on your personal playstyle.

to get back to the question of OP: as you can see you will most likely switch between two stances all the time depending on how the situation develops around you. When I am in brut/monstro specc I like to dance to monstro when I see we are pressuring the enemy blob or when I realise I am being targeted to get the monstro proc going.
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

grapefruit

Post#14 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:43 pm

You want to
1 - Open with sav = debuff
2 - swap brut = impale spam + finishing/bursting
3 - swap monstro to proc the defensive when under pressure/aoe dmg

palindrom

Post#15 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:17 am

Shanell wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:31 pm Real marauders fight without mutations so they have 2 arms to loot villages.
Seems legit.
Shaqattak - Marauder