Recent Topics

Ads

Mara Pull

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot

Moderators: Developer, Management, Community Management

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
BeautfulToad
Posts: 553

Mara Pull

Post#1 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:18 pm

Been trying to use mara pull, and I cant understand how it works. Is it just random or do I need to max some stat for it? Is it functionally useless except as a kind of meme in rvr lakes?

Ads
Chipzee
Posts: 7

Re: Mara Pull

Post#2 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:43 pm

You can cast it on the move, for 2 seconds iirc, and there's minimum distance when you can use it in addition to the usual max distance/ out of range distance.

So you gotta be far enough but not too far from the target for the skill to work. Also LoS and elevations can interrupt it. It's pretty finicky but when you get more experienced with it, you'll know when you can and can't use it.

BeautfulToad
Posts: 553

Re: Mara Pull

Post#3 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:55 pm

Chipzee wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:43 pm
You can cast it on the move, for 2 seconds iirc, and there's minimum distance when you can use it in addition to the usual max distance/ out of range distance.

So you gotta be far enough but not too far from the target for the skill to work. Also LoS and elevations can interrupt it. It's pretty finicky but when you get more experienced with it, you'll know when you can and can't use it.
I can cast it, but there's no indication of why it fails to pull most of the time, so i successfully cast it, I get through the channel, but the target is not pulled. It tells you if the target is out of sight or too far away. There's no combat log

Sarnai
Posts: 180

Re: Mara Pull

Post#4 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:53 am

BeautfulToad wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:55 pm
I can cast it, but there's no indication of why it fails to pull most of the time, so i successfully cast it, I get through the channel, but the target is not pulled. It tells you if the target is out of sight or too far away. There's no combat log
It can be parried/blocked, it also won't pull if target has immunity.
WH looking for gunbad left

BeautfulToad
Posts: 553

Re: Mara Pull

Post#5 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:54 am

Sarnai wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:53 am
It can be parried/blocked, it also won't pull if target has immunity.
Can you show me a combat log please, screenshot or what rolls are needed? As far as I can tell, there is no parry or block roll and I never notice a block or parry message come up. I manage to pull tanks that are facing me as often as I can pull healers that aren't.

Fenris78
Posts: 381

Re: Mara Pull

Post#6 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:33 am

BeautfulToad wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:54 am
Sarnai wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:53 am
It can be parried/blocked, it also won't pull if target has immunity.
Can you show me a combat log please, screenshot or what rolls are needed? As far as I can tell, there is no parry or block roll and I never notice a block or parry message come up. I manage to pull tanks that are facing me as often as I can pull healers that aren't.
It used to be disruptable, then they changed it to be only from front, then only to parry/block (wich are from front anyway).

There are parry and block rolls to avoid the pull, and the fact you managed to pull as much tanks as others is probably lucky strikes, since from my experience, my SM is far more frequently pulled by a GTTC when running away (I cant parry) than from a marauder pull.

The avoidance roll is made only at the end of the cast, wich means if you are interrupted by any way (getting too far, taunted, etc) it will automatically fail.

Also keep in mind there are plenty pulls and bumps destro side, wich are giving basicallly free immunities, and will prevent you from grapple ; magus pull, ggtc wich is constantly used, I see pretty much every tank using their roots too, wich are all giving immunity.

BeautfulToad
Posts: 553

Re: Mara Pull

Post#7 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:01 pm

Thanks Fenris , that explains it. Will need to use it more I suspect to see its effectiveness. Parry I can understand since I have decent weapon skill / parry strike through, and block is not that high among tanks (30%-40%) unbuffed so tanks may be a bit easier to pull than you might think.

The failure rate seemed quite high though, including on people who don't have parry and block. Could be anything I guess.

Fenris78
Posts: 381

Re: Mara Pull

Post#8 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:33 pm

Also there are plenty way of breaking line of sight too (a small rock, bush, basically any shitty thing that can create collision), and one millisecond is enough to break your pull too.

But at least, you have like a 1-2s "lag-grace period" to "extend" your pull after starting your cast (wich gives the feeling that you can pull from over max range).

Ads
BeautfulToad
Posts: 553

Re: Mara Pull

Post#9 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:15 pm

Fenris78 wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:33 pm
Also there are plenty way of breaking line of sight too (a small rock, bush, basically any shitty thing that can create collision), and one millisecond is enough to break your pull too.

But at least, you have like a 1-2s "lag-grace period" to "extend" your pull after starting your cast (wich gives the feeling that you can pull from over max range).
Right now, I don't get the feeling I can pull anything to be honest, or the failure rate is just random (about 25% of the stuff you target will be pulled and that it's the same regardless of stats). Only tried it ten or so times though. I don't think it is a Line of Sight problem, as I said a message comes up when your target is out of range and sight.

User avatar
wildwindblows
Posts: 302

Re: Mara Pull

Post#10 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:08 pm

Mara's pull is the worst skill in the game. It is still bugged and sw's can easily use kb on the air to get rid of your pull .

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests