Recent Topics

Ads

Mara Pull

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
gebajger

Re: Mara Pull

Post#11 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:24 pm

Try to use some addon that always shows the immunities.
I'm guessing your high rate of failure is from immunities rather than ppl parrying/blocking it
Rioz

Ads
Stophy22

Post#12 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:36 pm

Id second what rioz said, you need to be able to see immunities in this game
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

BeautfulToad

Post#13 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:49 am

I thought you could see immunities in this game? At least when I kd or knockback it tells you if the target is immune

Elemint

Post#14 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:01 am

Nah, mara pull in it's current state is pretty unreliable. If they walk out of pretty short range it fails silently without going on cd. Even both of you standing still, if you're channeling from the absolute max distance possible it will still fail the range check at the end of the cast. You really have to get closer while pulling to get the pull off

Allbback

Post#15 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:40 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:18 pm Been trying to use mara pull, and I cant understand how it works. Is it just random or do I need to max some stat for it? Is it functionally useless except as a kind of meme in rvr lakes?
bro i played mara 10years and i can tell you mara pull always fail and not pulling people XDDDD when i fail pull i always talk to myself nvm it's ok it's ok,and this is a good way to release your mind become relax :D

Fey

Post#16 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:12 pm

It's klunky to use and one of the most obvious and easily interrupted channels in the game. This is probably for the best on such a beastmode class. Pet pull is equally so.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ramlaen

Post#17 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:24 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:08 pm Mara's pull is the worst skill in the game. It is still bugged and sw's can easily use kb on the air to get rid of your pull .
Now imagine trying to do it as a WL, one of the biggest things you notice when playing magnet engi is how disoriented destro players get from being used to never having to deal with being pulled.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

gebajger

Post#18 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:06 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:49 am I thought you could see immunities in this game? At least when I kd or knockback it tells you if the target is immune
I might be wrong, but by default, with no addons, you only see immunities you give them, not the ones from other players.
Haven't played with default ui since forever, so I'm not sure.

If you dont want to bother too much, at least get buffhead and set it up to always show immunities (might wanna make it always show guards too while you're at it)
Rioz

Ads
Koha

Post#19 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:58 pm

It is working ok for me.
Buff head is a must have to see immunities off course but also follow buff and debuff on the target and yourself !
Jump to cancel the pull if an immunity shows up.
No CD if no los or out of range.
I wish the pull was not cancelling the charge this would help a bit.

With WL : Leonine frenzy + charge or speed training is quite a secure pull if not in the middle of aoe. The pet can be sent first on a fake target…
MA Kirth BG Melnibone SH Kikass
WH Merci SM Kohagen SL Koagul

Sinisterror

Post#20 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:05 am

Marauder gets like only aoe kd for melee dps in game while having 100 feet range single target kd 10 sec cd as well. Requires disrupt but can be used against anyone not the one who made u disrupt. If pull cannot be avoided by jumping at the right time like it could live then pull it is very fine.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz