[Chosen] snb hybrid DPS/TANK build

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
facundo7777

[Chosen] snb hybrid DPS/TANK build

Post#1 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:25 pm

Hello,
Is something like this in the tittle exist?

I mean snb build to be tanky when im in grp but on the other hand be able to kill solo non healer classes when i meet someone im rvr.

Ads
Collision

Re: [Chosen] snb hybrid DPS/TANK build

Post#2 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:05 pm

you have the new Hunter's Vale gear who is a SnB "dps" gear. Maybe something can be done with path of dread but without spirit dmg, full weapon skill.

and you have this build for full tank :
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4795,4784

use discordant ability, corrupting Wrath and dreadfull agony against melee or discordant fluctuation against caster.
When bane shield is up show your back to the dps for no block/parry (no hit from bane shield if hits are block or parry etc), look him die by backlash.

You can use full inva for more backlash.

Your main problem will be killing someone before other people add the fight.
Very fun build in city (you can finish with 500k/1M dmg if hard fight)

you can switch destined for victory with the -10% crit tactics

NSKaneda

Post#3 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:34 pm

I use this build since order likes to run rdps heavy setups plus it gives enough sustained debuff supression to deal with slayer teams. Fourth tactic to fill up any gaps in your armour (I like to use flawless armour or warped flesh, AP regen or mixed defences are good alternatives).

Tough around 750, all the strength you can get after reaching toughness goal. 4th stage of dodge&disrupt, max block, some reduced chance to crit but it's not a priority.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

facundo7777

Post#4 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:50 pm

whole day trying snb and i feel same surv as 2h :P dont get it xD

diegomess

Post#5 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:38 pm

because 2h chosen has been nerfed and removed tactics so they feel just the same as a snb chosen, i wish rending blade could do something peculiar instead of plain damage.

anyways u can get some "dps" 1h shield with bloodlord, you will miss your oppressing blows crit chance so you cant crit properly, relentless is also physical instead of spirit so u are only left with ravage spam and some cleave, daemonclaw is way to high on the path of dread so or you go for it and get your mid tree KD and oppression, or you can get quake and better resists, high dmg ravage.

i've tried this, is not great you have block yeah but not as many cuz your gear should be dps oriented and if im not mistaken enemies str cap have 10% of block penetration and parry, the only good thing is you have a shield and ppl wont focus you that much, they think u are a deftard
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

facundo7777

Post#6 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:08 pm

this hybrid build is not working xD

Ekundu01

Post#7 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:25 pm

facundo7777 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:50 pm whole day trying snb and i feel same surv as 2h :P dont get it xD
Chosen has probably the lowest possible Block chance out of all the tanks but you have potential for the best parry other than Blackguard with the parry tactic. You have 0 bonus block tactics/abilities so you can only get block from renown and gear. The most you will see is around 30% maybe a little higher but I don't think you can push past more than 40% block even with the best gear slotted. All other tanks have the potential to have more block, hell I think shield WP and shield Dok can get more block if not right on par with chosen.

Not worth running SnB unless you want to pad protection numbers in a funnel with HTL.
Trismack