Recent Topics

Ads

New Player Shaman vs. Zealot

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
punk7712

Re: New Player Shaman vs. Zealot

Post#21 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:07 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:46 pm
ExcretusMaximus wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:17 pm
Evilspinnre wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:29 pm

Yeah, Shamans are terrible healers.

Try reading what you quoted, and then look at that image you posted again, and see if you can figure out what the issue is.

I'll give you a hint: using a damage spell to splash heal large groups of people isn't "only healing."
Guess you are right.. If we ignore the main healing ability of shams they are the worst :lol:
And if we don't.. they should in most cases heal more even when adding protection score (which is also not healing) and the 25% heal bonus tactic.

As a relatively new player, I can tell you that he is right. You can call that AOE siphon a main heal, but it is still situational, and very difficult for new players to master. I have tried on my shaman, and its really hard to use it to keep your group alive in mid tier scenarios. Much more difficult then just spamming direct heals.

Ads
Toggle

Post#22 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:47 pm

punk7712 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:07 pm
ExcretusMaximus wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:17 pm

Try reading what you quoted, and then look at that image you posted again, and see if you can figure out what the issue is.

I'll give you a hint: using a damage spell to splash heal large groups of people isn't "only healing."
Guess you are right.. If we ignore the main healing ability of shams they are the worst :lol:
And if we don't.. they should in most cases heal more even when adding protection score (which is also not healing) and the 25% heal bonus tactic.

As a relatively new player, I can tell you that he is right. You can call that AOE siphon a main heal, but it is still situational, and very difficult for new players to master. I have tried on my shaman, and its really hard to use it to keep your group alive in mid tier scenarios. Much more difficult then just spamming direct heals.
Using FotG is pretty simple once you play around with it a bit. Use someone in the melee blob as your defensive target when you use it. When it’s on CD, you should be tossing HoTs and cleanses, which also give another HoT if you’re running the tactic for it. Ready for the next FotG? Back to the target in the melee blob and use it. In organized groups, I mark the MA and always have them as the defensive target for FotG. It really shines with a CD reducer since you should be able to spam 5 in a row. That being said, it becomes less effective the less organized your group becomes. One neat little trick with it that people might realize though is that it can heal people you can’t see. No other skill can do that. As long as they are close enough for you to target them, they will receive the heal from FotG. I’ve used that in a few tricky situations to keep people up who otherwise would have died.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Gladiolix

Post#23 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:54 pm

Toggle wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:47 pm One neat little trick with it that people might realize though is that it can heal people you can’t see. No other skill can do that.
Except all AoE direct heals that I know of on every healer.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

wachlarz

Post#24 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:20 pm

Toggle wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:47 pm

Using FotG is pretty simple once you play around with it a bit. Use someone in the melee blob as your defensive target when you use it. When it’s on CD, you should be tossing HoTs and cleanses, which also give another HoT if you’re running the tactic for it. Ready for the next FotG? Back to the target in the melee blob and use it. In organized groups, I mark the MA and always have them as the defensive target for FotG. It really shines with a CD reducer since you should be able to spam 5 in a row. That being said, it becomes less effective the less organized your group becomes. One neat little trick with it that people might realize though is that it can heal people you can’t see. No other skill can do that. As long as they are close enough for you to target them, they will receive the heal from FotG. I’ve used that in a few tricky situations to keep people up who otherwise would have died.
How many other classes i need to play this build ? five destro and 20 order to work ? Awsome

Toggle

Post#25 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:36 am

Gladiolix wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:54 pm
Toggle wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:47 pm One neat little trick with it that people might realize though is that it can heal people you can’t see. No other skill can do that.
Except all AoE direct heals that I know of on every healer.
Sorry, I should have worded it better. You can use it to heal people out of range of your standard AoE group heals. The AoE of the heal is around the target, so as long as they are targetable then they get the heal. Additionally, FotG/EoV allows you to heal outside of your group. Other group heals do not. It’s pretty useful in SCs that require you to split between flags as well as in oRvR (mDPS on oil that are out of group heal range and out of LoS).
Last edited by Toggle on Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Toggle

Post#26 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:38 am

wachlarz wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:20 pm
Toggle wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:47 pm

How many other classes i need to play this build ? five destro and 20 order to work ? Awsome
None? I do just fine without CD reduction. Top healing charts pretty frequently actually. If you do have a CD reduction, then you’re in a position to put every other healing class to shame.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]