Recent Topics

Ads

New Player Shaman vs. Zealot

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Toggle

Re: New Player Shaman vs. Zealot

Post#11 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:09 pm

ExcretusMaximus wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:40 pm Order players are going to tell you Shaman are broken and you can't go wrong with them. However, as someone who has played both, I can tell you they are flat out the worst healer on Destruction; they're not bad, but the other two are better if you want to heal.

Zealots are the backbone of any group, and a good one wins fights.
Zealots are amazing healers. But I don’t agree that shamans are “the worst healer(s) on Destruction”. They’re harder to play than a Zealot, sure. And it’s more difficult now than before now that BO lost their CD reducer, but they are still a solid healer. Better than both DoKs and Zealots in certain situations.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Ads
ExcretusMaximus

Post#12 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:35 pm

Toggle wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:09 pm
ExcretusMaximus wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:40 pm they're not bad

still a solid healer

Like I said.

In any situation where there is more than one of something, one will be better, one will be worse, unless they are literally 100% the same in every way.

Shaman are good, and versatile, but as a pure healer (and nothing but) they are the worst of the three ... IMO.
<Countered By Skill> & <RUN AWAY>
...........(active)...................(inactive)

Toggle

Post#13 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:53 pm

ExcretusMaximus wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:35 pm
Toggle wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:09 pm
ExcretusMaximus wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:40 pm they're not bad

still a solid healer

Like I said.

In any situation where there is more than one of something, one will be better, one will be worse, unless they are literally 100% the same in every way.

Shaman are good, and versatile, but as a pure healer (and nothing but) they are the worst of the three ... IMO.
Fair enough. Personally, I vastly prefer my shaman over my Zealot for my play style. And that’s even with the Zealot having full sov.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

meatcpu

Post#14 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:20 pm

Greenskins are also just plain funnier.

Scarv

Post#15 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:54 pm

ExcretusMaximus wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:40 pm Order players are going to tell you Shaman are broken and you can't go wrong with them. However, as someone who has played both, I can tell you they are flat out the worst healer on Destruction; they're not bad, but the other two are better if you want to heal.

Zealots are the backbone of any group, and a good one wins fights.
Why should they tell shaman is broken? Is it some kind of OP?

Evilspinnre

Post#16 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:29 pm

ExcretusMaximus wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:35 pm Like I said.

Yeah, Shamans are terrible healers.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

ExcretusMaximus

Post#17 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:17 pm

Evilspinnre wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:29 pm
ExcretusMaximus wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:35 pm Shaman are good, and versatile, but as a pure healer (and nothing but) they are the worst of the three ... IMO.

Try reading what you quoted, and then look at that image you posted again, and see if you can figure out what the issue is.

I'll give you a hint: using a damage spell to splash heal large groups of people isn't "only healing."
<Countered By Skill> & <RUN AWAY>
...........(active)...................(inactive)

BluIzLucky

Post#18 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:46 pm

ExcretusMaximus wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:17 pm
Evilspinnre wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:29 pm
ExcretusMaximus wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:35 pm Shaman are good, and versatile, but as a pure healer (and nothing but) they are the worst of the three ... IMO.

Try reading what you quoted, and then look at that image you posted again, and see if you can figure out what the issue is.

I'll give you a hint: using a damage spell to splash heal large groups of people isn't "only healing."
Guess you are right.. If we ignore the main healing ability of shams they are the worst :lol:
And if we don't.. they should in most cases heal more even when adding protection score (which is also not healing) and the 25% heal bonus tactic.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
Scarv

Post#19 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:58 am

And what spells and gameplay make the difference between These two in pure healing?

I always read, Zealot is by far the Best pure healer, but why?

When i scroll through the Abilities, the Shaman ones Look much more intetesting to me. What make the zealot indispensable?

CyunUnderis

Post#20 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:56 am

Scarv wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:58 am When i scroll through the Abilities, the Shaman ones Look much more intetesting to me. What make the zealot indispensable?
Tactic Blessing of Chaos increase heal from any source (any other healer in the party for example) by +25%. Tactic Tzeentch's Grip provides a shield each time the Zealot crit on direct heal : this is very good combine with Ritual of Lunacy (AoE healing that proc every 3sc). Tactic Tzeentch's Refreshment provides AP on direct heal, so it should works with Ritual of Lunacy.
Zealot has a buff that also increase initiative, a stats you can only have with Da Biggest's proc (so you need to have a BO in your party).

In opposition, Shaman need to be paired with a Choppa to really shine. Shaman has access to a lot of interesting skills/tools (puddle, instant res, +10% crit heal, Ain't Done Yet, group purge, Morale pump ...), but will depend of the CD reducer to heal a whole blob.