Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder]Should Concussive Jolt be buffed?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Grobi00F

[Marauder]Should Concussive Jolt be buffed?

Post#1 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:36 am

A good day to all chaos worshipers,

I'm not an avid poster on the forums but this issue left me annoyed for quite some time. Marauders are notorious for their AOE Knockdowns in WB play and most Solo Maras also like to use it since we simply have no other CC option except Mutated Energy which is activated only on disrupt. With the GCD change to 1.5 seconds Concussive Jolt leaves only room for 1-2 skills to be used on the enemy, while you could theoretically squeeze in 2-3 (4 if you include the recovery animation) before the GCD change. Increasing the knockdown duration to 3s would at least alleviate the unintended result that the GCD change had.

Would appreciate if more experienced Maras and WB players would weigh in on the situation.

Ads
Phantasm

Re: [Marauder]Should Concussive Jolt be buffed?

Post#2 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:43 am

For ST KD for sure, but its aoe KD which means its main tool for CC in WB/WB battles. 3s would be too long for entire backline lay down. To OP in essence.

Repulsion

Post#3 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:58 am

Spoiler:
Grobi00F wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:36 am A good day to all chaos worshipers,

I'm not an avid poster on the forums but this issue left me annoyed for quite some time. Marauders are notorious for their AOE Knockdowns in WB play and most Solo Maras also like to use it since we simply have no other CC option except Mutated Energy which is activated only on disrupt. With the GCD change to 1.5 seconds Concussive Jolt leaves only room for 1-2 skills to be used on the enemy, while you could theoretically squeeze in 2-3 (4 if you include the recovery animation) before the GCD change. Increasing the knockdown duration to 3s would at least alleviate the unintended result that the GCD change had.

Would appreciate if more experienced Maras and WB players would weigh in on the situation.
Such is life for any and every class, be it their own CC abilities or not. Bigger GCD / less skills fired off across the board.

Asking for a 3s AoE knockdown is a bit bonkers and I have a 40 Mara and am too annoyed with a lack of a reliable KD/the fact that I have to spec Monstro for something I would like while roaming etc

What I propose is this instead:
"Heat Seeking Werecrab Missiles"
granted at lvl 16 - instant cast time - 10 min cooldown
You fire off a cascade of thermonuclear crabclaws that seek out every Order player in a zone of your choosing. After a short travel time and upon impact every Order player is struck by an undefendable hex that debuffs their Wounds to 0 and are staggered for 4s. They just stay there. Dead. Also, bagroll bonuses are reset.

Grobi00F

Post#4 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:06 pm

Phantasm wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:43 am For ST KD for sure, but its aoe KD which means its main tool for CC in WB/WB battles. 3s would be too long for entire backline lay down. To OP in essence.
Yeah makes sense.
Repulsion wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:58 am Asking for a 3s AoE knockdown is a bit bonkers and I have a 40 Mara and am too annoyed with a lack of a reliable KD/the fact that I have to spec Monstro for something I would like while roaming etc
Would help if Mutated Energy was changed from being triggered by Disrupt to Parry.

Sinisterror

Post#5 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:09 pm

LOL Marauder is one of the most versatile classess in game. Look Morale 4 in sava/brutality paths alone. And i mean Mara has SO MUCH goodies and only one melee dps with aoe KD so i think 2 sec is fine. You also have 100ft KD 3 sec long when you disrupt, and you can use it on anyone not the one you disrupted... So askin to change it to parry is INSANE : D 100ft KD on Melee class just think about that alone=)

REVERSE GCD CHANGE AND BRING BACK UNIQUE ABILITIES WITH POWERFUL CC AND TACTICAL/MEANINGFUL PVP! AOE CAP BACK TO 9 IS THE FIRST STEP BECAUSE 24 MAKES ONLY ZERGING POSSIBLE. BRING BACK AOE HEALDEBUFFS AND REMOVE SHIELD FROM DOK/WP
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Grobi00F

Post#6 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:35 am

Sinisterror wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:09 pm LOL Marauder is one of the most versatile classess in game. Look Morale 4 in sava/brutality paths alone. And i mean Mara has SO MUCH goodies and only one melee dps with aoe KD so i think 2 sec is fine. You also have 100ft KD 3 sec long when you disrupt, and you can use it on anyone not the one you disrupted... So askin to change it to parry is INSANE : D 100ft KD on Melee class just think about that alone=)
Obviously if it was changed to Parry it would need to be adjusted to be melee only, you are right that it would be far to strong if it remained a 100feet KD. The issue with Mutated Energy is its very limited use when it should by all means be a pretty nice thing, in organized wb play it's mostly useless since you will channel and morale bomb on your main assist more than you have time to look for a target to cast knockdown on (when they dont already have immunity from Concussive Jolt or GTDC). In small scale it could be useful but why bother talking about dead content.

Changing Mutated Energy from being triggered by parry and being a melee attack would at least open up some new build options for Marauders, as Repulsion mentioned already you are basically forced to spent 10 points into Monstro for a 2sec aoe Knockdown if you want CC.

Sofong

Post#7 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:47 am

should not be buffed but it should change to st kd and usable in sav/brut stance like the rest of dps classes kd.

anarchypark

Post#8 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:39 am

mara already have 4sec disarm triggered by parry.
Death Grip.
what they need is extended open time for those skills.
currently opportunities disappear too soon. like 3sec?
double it may work better.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
wildwindblows

Post#9 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:10 pm

anarchypark wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:39 am mara already have 4sec disarm triggered by parry.
Death Grip.
what they need is extended open time for those skills.
currently opportunities disappear too soon. like 3sec?
double it may work better.
Agree. Other issue is high animation time of skills. I can say TB, impale and guillotine have highest animation time but i cannot prove ;)