Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] PVE Tank Guide

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
capn783

[Chosen] PVE Tank Guide

Post#1 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:21 pm

Hello all. I wanted to try out Warhammer Online: ROR since I never really got to try it much in retail. At that time I was pretty heavy into WoW so that sucked most of my time away. I have decided to go with a Chosen Tank. I know this game is more PVP focused but I am not really interested in PVP as much I just want to level up and try out the dungeons and such. I have seen some guides for Chosen but they are strictly designed for PVP RvR. Are there any guides out there for Chosen PVE tanking? I am looking for what the best choices are for masteries, stats, core abilities/rotation, gear, etc. Thank you for your help.

Ads
jshort

Re: [Chosen] PVE Tank Guide

Post#2 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:35 pm

Hey, first some general advise on pve tanking: Toughness is useless in pve, its a pvp stat only. For pve you want initiative, wounds and armor talismans. Your chance to be critted needs to be 0 or lower (initiative and furtile strikes helps).

Chosen has the highest gear barrier as a pve tank. Black orc is probalby the easiest tank for pve for the following reasons: Gets 2 tactics to increase block chance, has a block channel ability, has a tactic wich gives hp, and gets a skill (You Wot?!?!!) which increases his armor, parry, block, dodge, and disrupt for 20 seconds.
Chosen is the only destro tank you has no tactic to increase his block chance. As a black orc i can tank all lvl40 dungeons with conquerer set pretty easy or maybe even red eye (pve set), where chosen needs full vanquisher set (atleast for bastion stair) and some jewelry with +block % to tank.
Vanquisher set it a pvp set, you need War Crests to buy it and Reknown rank 58 and some of the +block % jewelry requires you to play pvp.

Dungeons in Warhammer are not challenging anymore. Most groups dont even clear the trash anymore and just rush boss after boss because they just want the gear (i am one of these people too). Most people play this game for its pvp and only do pve if they have to. If you want to do pve only this isnt rly the game for you. If you still want to try it this is your lvl 40 build, rest points either first tree to increase str aura if you have mdps, or right tree if you have magic dps, so your resistance aura gets stronger.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4785,4773

For reknown. Furtile strikes or initative (One boss in BE give you an initative debuff, increasing your critchance dramaticly), Block, parry, wounds

capn783

Post#3 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:08 pm

jshort wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:35 pm Hey, first some general advise on pve tanking: Toughness is useless in pve, its a pvp stat only. For pve you want initiative, wounds and armor talismans. Your chance to be critted needs to be 0 or lower (initiative and furtile strikes helps).

Chosen has the highest gear barrier as a pve tank. Black orc is probalby the easiest tank for pve for the following reasons: Gets 2 tactics to increase block chance, has a block channel ability, has a tactic wich gives hp, and gets a skill (You Wot?!?!!) which increases his armor, parry, block, dodge, and disrupt for 20 seconds.
Chosen is the only destro tank you has no tactic to increase his block chance. As a black orc i can tank all lvl40 dungeons with conquerer set pretty easy or maybe even red eye (pve set), where chosen needs full vanquisher set (atleast for bastion stair) and some jewelry with +block % to tank.
Vanquisher set it a pvp set, you need War Crests to buy it and Reknown rank 58 and some of the +block % jewelry requires you to play pvp.

Dungeons in Warhammer are not challenging anymore. Most groups dont even clear the trash anymore and just rush boss after boss because they just want the gear (i am one of these people too). Most people play this game for its pvp and only do pve if they have to. If you want to do pve only this isnt rly the game for you. If you still want to try it this is your lvl 40 build, rest points either first tree to increase str aura if you have mdps, or right tree if you have magic dps, so your resistance aura gets stronger.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4785,4773

For reknown. Furtile strikes or initative (One boss in BE give you an initative debuff, increasing your critchance dramaticly), Block, parry, wounds

Thank you jshort. This is exactly what I was looking for. I do realize this is a pvp game but I am just kind of messing around and would prefer to just do the PVE stuff for now (although I will probably dabble a little in PVP). I haven't really gotten very far yet. I am only level 10. I am going to reroll Black Orc since I would prefer to have the PVE edge you mentioned below. Do you have a builder link for the Black Orc like you pasted for the Chosen? Thank you again for your help.

jshort

Post#4 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:25 pm

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4462,4473

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;0;3;0;0;0

This is a rr50 build. If you hit lvl 40 and have a lower rr just Skip the absob ability. Left tree is the dps tree of bo but you wot gives you lot of def stats, which helps for tanking. You might even consider to swapping "Less stapping me" for "Dat was great" (30s duration on you wot). If your are tanky enough you should switch "Less stabbing em" for "You see me blok that" (this will make you get your m4 rly fast. First dungeon is sacellum for lvl 16 btw. Your skull thumper ability will generate alot of aggro. Always use this on bosses. For reknown, get your chamce to recieve crits below 0, then go for blockchance. Good luck

capn783

Post#5 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:45 pm

Excellent. Thank you jshort.

Detangler

Post#6 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:54 am

Chosen can get 75%+ parry with decent gear and renown rank without having to channel anything. what are you smoking that chosen isn't that good in pve?
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

jshort

Post#7 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:22 am

"...with decent gear..."

... i did not said chosen is bad in pve. I just said that chosen needs better gear then bo for pve tanking. So if op wants to get into pve right away without playing pvp to get his gear and renown rank bo is the better choice.

zazariel

Post#8 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:53 pm

Monster can't crit they said...

Ads
Yazeran

Post#9 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:42 pm

zazariel wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:53 pm Monster can't crit they said...
Try to tank Bastion stairs with zero futiles strike and first miniboss will probably be your last. Even DPS have to invest into crit reduction to survive.
Kaspar - WP RR80+ from Bene Tlailax
order alts: Kazador (IB), Hargin (SL) and 7 more
destro alts: Kash (Mara), Kashnik (Shamy) and 8 more

zazariel

Post#10 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:53 pm

Does Hereo's can crit in Gunbald/BB/BE ?