Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] What would make magus be beter in WB play

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Avernus

Re: [Magus] What would make magus be beter in WB play

Post#71 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:33 pm

Tesq wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:07 pm The wounds buff is spec dependand, and therefore it depend what you give away, sw/squig are core stuff
Also no def engi with guard is way more durable than magus. A temp 20 sec biff wounds with a60 sec cd is still inferior to keg. 300 every 3 sec x 20 tick 6k heal to all party....
Depends. Btw i mean that you can slot wound talis without losing your damage, not the hp buff.

Ads
Avernus

Post#72 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:35 pm

nocturnalguest wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:28 pm
Avernus wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:36 pm P.S. Funny fact, BS weapon doubles its armor debuff when you switch to assault. Stack armor, ha!
Yeah and so does any armor debuff. As they do decrease the base value and only then from debuffed base value armor/stance bonus is applied (reapplied). Working as intended
Totally balanced.

Szeff

Post#73 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:04 am

If you use the "mines" (the nurglings) then you get bitched at because you are giving CC immunity with them.

If you try to spec for Rift, you will be disappointed because all the Choppas spamming GtdC are going to cause you to see nothing but "immune" everywhere.

In WBs the most effective I have found my Magus was when I was sniping Engineers and SWs during sieges, causing them to either die or back off and put out less pressure. AOE Magus racks up impressive chart #s but doesn't seem to move health bars much.

vanbuinen77

Post#74 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:12 am

Turret / Pet should always be instant cast and not require a tactic.

Turret / Pet radius for buffing should be the same for all pets, in this case the mid range pet.

Our knock down should not kill the pet.

Our range knockback needs to be 100ft.

Stuff like this would go a long way.
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Avernus

Post#75 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:50 pm

vanbuinen77 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:12 am Turret / Pet should always be instant cast and not require a tactic.

Turret / Pet radius for buffing should be the same for all pets, in this case the mid range pet.

You forgot about the fact that Magus should wear heavy armor, have both incoming+outcoming healing debuff and snare. On the same skill without a cooldown. Undefendable, obviously. Ah, i forgot about charge, give this too. And stealth.

Tesq

Post#76 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:54 pm

Avernus wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:33 pm
Tesq wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:07 pm The wounds buff is spec dependand, and therefore it depend what you give away, sw/squig are core stuff
Also no def engi with guard is way more durable than magus. A temp 20 sec biff wounds with a60 sec cd is still inferior to keg. 300 every 3 sec x 20 tick 6k heal to all party....
Depends. Btw i mean that you can slot wound talis without losing your damage, not the hp buff.
that is not real unless you mean int talismans arent needed, that can be said for all classes; just spec wounds instead primary stats.. ofc it give you more wounds...

zulnam

Post#77 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:40 am

I wish they could remove the turrets altogether; for both engi and magus.

In a pvp game where mobility plays such a key role, these two classes feel like a design defect.

But that's a lot of work. So maybe it would be easier to just:

- have turrets spawn instantly by default; no tactic needed;
- combine all turreet buff stacks into one, so you instantly get all your power when placing a turret.

this still wouldn't be perfect, since you'd have to sacrifice at least a few GCDs to keep moving your sack of buffs around.

Lastly, if magus can't pump the numbers (after fluf) it needs that special "ompf" ability that gives you an edge in having one in a warband. Engi has the cast time increase on aoe interrupt tactic.
No idea what this would look like for Magus? Lol, give them waaagh; cd reduction buff. Come on; the meta would be hilarious.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Avernus

Post#78 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:07 am

Tesq wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:54 pm that is not real unless you mean int talismans arent needed, that can be said for all classes; just spec wounds instead primary stats.. ofc it give you more wounds...
Simple question - what is better - to have 1 primary stat (int) or 2 (str or bs + ws)?

Ads
Avernus

Post#79 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:11 am

zulnam wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:40 am Lastly, if magus can't pump the numbers (after fluf) it needs that special "ompf" ability that gives you an edge in having one in a warband. Engi has the cast time increase on aoe interrupt tactic.
Well, usually the rift-bot was a nice addition to the WB. I guess with current gtdc its kinda bad though. Engie should be fine...but it's a rare sight to see an engie to magnet people.

vanbuinen77

Post#80 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:12 am

Avernus wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:50 pm
vanbuinen77 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:12 am Turret / Pet should always be instant cast and not require a tactic.

You forgot about the fact that Magus should wear heavy armor, have both incoming+outcoming healing debuff and snare. On the same skill without a cooldown. Undefendable, obviously. Ah, i forgot about charge, give this too. And stealth.
Bad player sighting
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman